Divine Diviners: Remove Clairaudience/Clairvoyance From Scry

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rockstar1984

Divine Diviners: Remove Clairaudience/Clairvoyance From Scry

Post by Rockstar1984 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 am

So I've recently encountered a problem on my cleric with ESF Divination. In order to be able to scry I have to cast Clairuadience/Clairvoyance on myself first. But there's a problem with that. Clerics don't get that as a spell, unless they have the knowledge domain. Druids also cannot cast it either. From various D'n'D works and movies I have seen, divine casters are just as capable as scrying as arcane casters. And yet currently as a cleric without UMD I can only scry if I horde beholder eyes. So I propose two possible changes:

1. Casting Clairaudience/Clairvoyance is removed from scrying altogether. This makes sense anyway, since once you cast the spell and then use the -scry command it does use spell components and piety as though you casted a high level spell.

2. There is an alternative spell that divine casters can use to scry. True Seeing is a thematically appropriate one. Or perhaps True Seeing could just become the spell that everyone must use to scry, which would make sense since everyone can get it.

Personally I am leaning towards just removing the spellcasting requirement from scrying and having -scry be treated as it's own seperate spell not attached to anything else. I have been informed that no other epic spell command requires you to cast a regular spell before using it, so that's another reason to remove this requirement.

Oh the year was 1778...

miesny_jez

Re: Divine Diviners: Remove Clairaudience/Clairvoyance From

Post by miesny_jez » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Approved and changed!

Clairaudience/Clairvoyance no longer required for -Scry. Only ESF:Divination required