Alternate Palemaster Path: Lichedom

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

CragOneEye

Alternate Palemaster Path: Lichedom

Post by CragOneEye » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Requirements to take this path:
Must be any evil alignment,, This path can only be taken after you have a min of ten levels of palemaster, Must have at least eleven caster levels in one of the following classes/paths: Cleric, Wizard, Sorcerer, True Flame, or Favoured soul.

If you have met all the above requirements, you can then unlock the Lichedom Path:
Lichedom, grants everything level ten or higher palmister grants with the following exceptions:
Healing spells now hurt you, and negative energy spells heal you. Example: When Harm is casted on you it has effect of Heal, and vice-versa. Spells like mass heal, have no effect on you just like spells such as inversion have no effect on you. (in other words you can't benefit from mass heal but you can't suffer effects of inversion either) You no longer can benefit healing from heal kits,used on yourself. You however get vampiric touch as a new unlimited innate ability, to be able to heal yourself. (Same was favoured souls have raised dead). You also no longer suffer from effects of rest, hunger, or dehydration. You also now suffer from effects of turn undead, or dmg taken from blessed weapons etc.

EDIT: Anyone who takes this path automatically gains outcast status.

Feel free to tweak this new path for palmisters, but if you notice I didn't suggest giving it any stat bonuses, just merely changing how things effect you mechanically., so this would mostly be for role-play aspects than anything else, and I know there's a lot of necromancers out there on the server whom would jump at the chance of being able to play a Liche. I tried making sure it is balanced in that the pros don't outweigh the cons, however if you do feel the pros outweigh the cons, again tweak this suggestion, to make it more balanced.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!