Healable NPC's

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Tathkar Eisgrim

Healable NPC's

Post by Tathkar Eisgrim » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Please consider:

'Sickly NPC's' that require by conversation, a 'Remove Disease' spell to be memorised, that restores them to health.
'Wounded NPC's' that require by conversation, a 'Cure' spell to be memorised, that restores them to health.

This would give a roleplay opportunity to wannabe healer types.

Perhaps additionally, the source of an outbreak could be located within a city area (say a rat's nest) which would require the nest to be burnt with a torch or fixed with a craftable solution.

DestroyerOTN

Re: Healable NPC's

Post by DestroyerOTN » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:19 am

I'm going to borrow/modify/hijack the spirit of the idea with full (not really) credit your way, and propose a leap in the ideal of the "player influence of areas" by connecting this to influxes as caused by the players toward the water supplies of a region.

Poison a well, this results. For the matter of disease, implement some measure of harnessed disease strain as a series of cooking recipes attached to the distillation of certain "junk" items, such as bones, rags, and otherwise.

Additive roleplay for the saboteur villains

Add on, further, that druids are capable of detecting the presence of toxin within an area's water strains, and add RP to them.
"Playin' nobody, no how since AR 112"
Griefmaker wrote:Personal choices regarding RP which[..] limit a character in some way[…] should in no way be an argument for changing something on the server

DirtyDeity

Post by DirtyDeity » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:16 pm

I don't know if it's added RP at this point, along with -balance, rather than trying to make Druids into a hired nexus of commands.

I have a great issue with this my-happy-meal villainous tool. A simple recipe from cooking to make an item that spreads a disease that only druids can cure? What stops someone from making a bunch, and mindlessly running through all the wells on the server, poisoning them?

It might be worth a giggle for the villain, but it's not interesting for the people who need to cure it. It's just boring and menial, without provoking any RP. If you want to do this, could do this even without mechanical support. Only then it'll only work if you do it well.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 pm

DestroyerOTN wrote:I'm going to borrow/modify/hijack the spirit of the idea with full (not really) credit your way, and propose a leap in the ideal of the "player influence of areas" by connecting this to influxes as caused by the players toward the water supplies of a region.

Poison a well, this results. For the matter of disease, implement some measure of harnessed disease strain as a series of cooking recipes attached to the distillation of certain "junk" items, such as bones, rags, and otherwise.

Additive roleplay for the saboteur villains

Add on, further, that druids are capable of detecting the presence of toxin within an area's water strains, and add RP to them.

This could be great (as time as there were a way aswell to purify back those resources through priest and druidical spells)

and...

making to those sabotaging, to use some amount of experience points (in the same way as paladins use them to detect evil)

Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you