Empty bottles - aka trash

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Empty bottles - aka trash

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:25 pm

Can we make empty spirit bottles or, empty bottles in general, usable to craft glass? Aka, melt them down for glass slugs?
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Winter83

Re: Empty bottles - aka trash

Post by Winter83 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Or just use them as glass bottles?

I always wondered why I cannot fill the witchy brews into scavanged bottles.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:31 pm

Because scavenged bottles aren't certified vegan.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

William Steele

Post by William Steele » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:05 pm

is vegan > organic > vegetarian? i always forget the hierarchy.. (feel free to substitute "<" for ">" or "=" or whatever your oppinion is, i think you catch my drift)

also, i wish they'd do that, but it's another suggestion that i'm not sure would happen.

i'm pretty sure a lot of those 'empty bottle' type things are placeholders for loot, so we don't find nwn vanilla type things in barrels. i could be wildly mistaken, however

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:10 pm

There'd have to be a drawback that prevents crate and barrel salvaging from making glass-crafting wholly obsolete. Perhaps it takes more crafting points to melt down old bottles into glass than it takes making glass from gathered sand and coal.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Frankly whilst it's possible to maybe get... say ten, twenty, thirty bottles this way? I doubt you cuold make such a huge amount of glass via it, to make the glass market utterly defunct. Also, if the DC is higher then it's a nice bonus to relitivly skilled glassmakers, whilst those who only have one point in Art Crafting, just for glass, don't ge it but can continue on as they are.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:55 pm

One method involves getting bottles in crates/barrels that you don't even need to leave town to find. If you run short in one town, you can take Laurick and browse other settlements. You can accumulate a lot of bottles this way, since they're all fairly light. You can even accumulate bottles while grinding dungeons, since crates/barrels are everywhere.

The other method involves heading out to sand deposits, hacking away at coal deposits, and carrying dozens of pounds of raw material back to a crafting table. And then waiting for those deposits to respawn.

I know which one I'd prefer doing, if both yielded the same amounts of glass.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

DirtyDeity

Post by DirtyDeity » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:41 am

^ That.

Could allow re-forging bottles into glass at a very high rate. Like 10 Bottle = 1/2 Glass

This way collecting bottles and turning them back into chunks will be a small addative to your efforts, not a replacement.

Alternatively, make 'Empty Bottle' and 'Empty Spirits Bottle' usable in recipes! (Which I think they're not?)

Winter83

Post by Winter83 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:19 am

Lock every box. You are stealing bottles after all.

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:19 pm

DirtyDeity wrote:^ That.

Could allow re-forging bottles into glass at a very high rate. Like 10 Bottle = 1/2 Glass

I was thinking more 5 bottles = 1 glass.
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat