Path of the tribesman: tribesmen interaction.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Bragnir

Path of the tribesman: tribesmen interaction.

Post by Bragnir » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Hello there,

I'm just a new member in the server- literally just been toying around with the paths, looking for something that draws me in- both mechanically and of course, to build a character concept around.

One path that's really drawn my attention is the Tribesman: I see much potential for RP, especially trying to bring to life not just the PC itself, but the two kinsmen walking with them- each with their own personalities, flaws, strengths and motivations. They aren't just summons, but real, breathing people within the game world.

As such, what I'm proposing here is just a little something to keep them from having to *wander off* all the time: being able to actually make them stow their weapons away. It's not much from a mechanical point of view: they already "spawn" with their weapons sheathed and take them out at the first fight. However, the fact they keep them on, even when you venture into a heavily guarded area that explicitly forbids carrying your weapons on your shoulders- it kinda makes them look like they're out for blood, when they're only tagging along with you on your way back home, or to the store.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Path of the tribesman: tribesmen interaction.

Post by Mithreas » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Yeah, they really need a conversation that lets you ask them to do some things.

Mind you, they also need some rebalancing, I think they're too weak/flimsy right now.

Also - welcome!
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Bragnir

Post by Bragnir » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:33 pm

Hm... If by endgame they're too weak, a way of beefing them up could be allowing gear to be made, enchanted and equiped to them. A risk would be if they get killed/despawned, you'd provably lose that gear, though...

Maybe a -tribe1 and a -tribe2 command to also allow them to speak directly, like a mage's familiar?

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:35 am

Bragnir wrote:Hm... If by endgame they're too weak, a way of beefing them up could be allowing gear to be made, enchanted and equiped to them. A risk would be if they get killed/despawned, you'd provably lose that gear, though...
I think the tribal warriors essentially wear whatever armor the PC does, so if you have adamantine armor on, so do they. Is that correct?

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:59 am

KregorRanger wrote:I think the tribal warriors essentially wear whatever armor the PC does, so if you have adamantine armor on, so do they. Is that correct?
They wear whatever type of armor you're wearing, with the same appearance, but no bonus properties.

If you're wearing Adamantine Full Plate, they're wearing cheap knock-off Bronze Full Plate, polished to look like Adamantine.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:58 am

At the moment, this also means that if you're not a full plate barbarian, your tribesmen are going to have crappy AC because their DEX is nothing to tote about.

SwampFoot

Post by SwampFoot » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:31 pm

Perhaps give them a better DR than a PC barbarian to make up for their lack of AC? Have them wield +1 enchanted weapons? Give them boons similar to the animal companion rework?