Add war Domain to Eilistraee

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

aaa3

Add war Domain to Eilistraee

Post by aaa3 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 pm

She is goddes with hunt heavily contained in her religious. Her priestesses go out to hunt with swords different creatures (from animals up to goblins and similar).

It is even in her rituals.

Second argument, she is tied to sword play.

Right now she is heart and home giving no sense:shock:

DirtyDeity

Re: Add war Domain to Eilistraee

Post by DirtyDeity » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:24 am

I think W&D would be a good addative, considering Eilistraee's affinity with hunting and battling evil.

However, most of her Dogma circles kindness and hospitality and helping the poor and needy.

W&D could be added to H&H, but not replaced. The essence of the faith is still around sheltering and healing and helping.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 am

It is, unless you veer into Darksong territory, which some clergy or multiclass clergy are. That is very much war domain.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:10 pm

From http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eilistraee -
Portfolio: Beauty, Dance, Hunting, Moonlight, Song, Swordwork

That's not war and destruction, sorry. If we had a more artsy domain type, that might apply - but she's not really knowledge and invention either, which is the closest we come to it.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:39 pm

That's her portfolio, her domains are Drow, Good, Chaos, Moon, Elf, Charm and Portal. Still no W&D, though it still makes a good angle. Just not from a clergy standpoint, I guess.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

aaa3

Post by aaa3 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:39 pm

Mithreas wrote:From http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eilistraee -
Portfolio: Beauty, Dance, Hunting, Moonlight, Song, Swordwork

That's not war and destruction, sorry. If we had a more artsy domain type, that might apply - but she's not really knowledge and invention either, which is the closest we come to it.
I see your point Mithreas, but we got no Swordwork neither Hunting domain too right? I always saw WaD domain as containing all these within (given the limited range of our arelithian mechanical ones).

Maybe we could add a new domain? Getting piety for kill as usuall, but focus it on aligment of the creatures. Evil creature would give you up piety, killing good creature could give you down piety. This could go under several existing domans and new ones.

Also killing the good aligned creatures could offer much higher penalty (like - 10-20 piety) and could contain also PCs (and not just for eilistraee but for other specific good aligned gods!).

aaa3

Post by aaa3 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:41 pm

P Three wrote:That's her portfolio, her domains are Drow, Good, Chaos, Moon, Elf, Charm and Portal. Still no W&D, though it still makes a good angle. Just not from a clergy standpoint, I guess.
I wonder if it would be possible to spread out domains but it is all about what is able in engine and, creativity, domains are too numerous to think up many new usefull little bits :(

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:19 pm

I could see a justification for W&D based on hunting being in her portfolio, since Malar has the same portfolio for the Human pantheon. Hearth and Home doesn't really fit any better.

DirtyDeity

Post by DirtyDeity » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:00 pm

KregorRanger wrote:I could see a justification for W&D based on hunting being in her portfolio, since Malar has the same portfolio for the Human pantheon. Hearth and Home doesn't really fit any better.
Like half of Eilistraeean dogma surrounds helping the needy and sheltering the poor. I do not see how Hearth and Home doesn't fit that.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:15 am

DirtyDeity wrote:
Like half of Eilistraeean dogma surrounds helping the needy and sheltering the poor. I do not see how Hearth and Home doesn't fit that.
+1