Speedy Illusions

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rydala

Speedy Illusions

Post by Rydala » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:31 am

A new dialogue option to choose before saying a character's name that selects the method of message delivery; the traditional hin/goblin (50g), or an illusionary orb (~1000g).

This option would exist for characters who wish to send messages more privately (we all have sent messages that seem a little jarring when announced by a courier, such as sensitive information or personal correspondence), and also it looks cooler.

It doesn't undermine Epic Spell Focus: Illusion, or wisp bottles as one would still need to visit the physical location of the Speedy Messengers. As I suggested above, the price can be altered to have illusionary orbs cost substantially more than traditional couriers, thus they won't become a redundancy.

In Sorrow We Trust
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Speedy Illusions

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:23 am

There are wisps you can send messages with already, not just from the bottles.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Speedy Illusions

Post by The GrumpyCat » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:35 am

Truthfuly the fact that Speedies say the message out allowed is a feature, not a bug. It's so that things CAN be overheard. Rejected.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)