Bring back Aasimar Wings (With Questlines)

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Hedgehog
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Bring back Aasimar Wings (With Questlines)

Post by Hedgehog » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:13 am

We're seeing plenty of winged races being introduced, yet Aasimars all had their wings clipped, with older aasimar race classed characters getting to retain theirs.

Please bring them back, but maybe make it so there is a questline or FOIG basis and ways to make them return. That would be super cool!

Different requirements fulfilled could even lead to different types of wings or coloured wings being received (i.e bloodlines or paths/choices taken on these quests.

I get that they don't have them because their bloodline is considered 'diluted' but it would be nice to have a chance for them to have a way to 'gain' them through exclusive questlines, and give them a chance to grow; there's hardly anything for them as it stands and would make the race a lot more attractive to others too, from a strictly aesthetic perspective with no real mechanical benefit (Even though Fey'ri and Avariels are a thing). It would be super cool to have a thing to be able to work towards, and also keeps the limit of winged characters still somewhat down.

I’ve got the power of god and anime on my side!

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Bring back Aasimar Wings (With Questlines)

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:51 am

Just a clarification on this.
Aasimars have never (to my knowledge, maybe they did pre 15 years ago) had wings as an option in general.

However
There were a few 5% concepts - back when you could ask for a unique 5% option - who were given wings.

There was also a DM who erroniously believed that aasimars COULD have wings, and gave a few out. By the time we discovered this, the damage was done, and I didn't want to ruin someones day by removing a very obvious physical trait, so we let them keep them.

My position?
I'd like to talk to the rest of the team about this suggestion. I am entirely on the fence. I've no feelings one way or another. I will say that I think Aasimar could do with some sort of fun physical trait (and that is being looked into) but I'm unsure if wings is the way to go.

This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Bring back Aasimar Wings (With Questlines)

Post by MalKalz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:52 pm

Rejected.

Aasimar may receive another cosmetic appearance; however, they would not have wings on them.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.