Breaching Exile Fun!

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Tashalar

Breaching Exile Fun!

Post by Tashalar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:54 am

Sorry for the ramble, but my idea is thus:

If you fail your roll to decieve the guards, you enter a small/medium area (depending on the size of the settlement you're trying to get into) with a couple (or a few, scale on level in numbers or strength) of Guards that are trying to keep you out. Randomise the area and/or the exit transitions, so you don't just get people running the same way to evade them!

You have the choice of either attempting to flee from them if you're fast enough - maybe have the guards not pursue the intruder if they head back through the entry transition - or run past~ them, running to the nearest exit they can find;
Sneaking past them (for those stealther PCs, no true sight on the guards, good/manageable Spot/Listen, but still risky);
Or, the more dangerous option, fighting them.

If you die, your body gets ported (minus the cash, because risk) out to the nearest neutral area, where they throw your corpse out for the crows (or passing adventurers to find). Not sure if a yielding mechanic is possible? If so, they might march you off to the jail instead for breaching your exile, or out of the territory.

If you manage to kill all the guards in the area, or successfully evade their pursuit, you get to wander around the city (I'd say this should encourage people to still remain disguised, regardless, because common sense) for a length of time, say 24 IG hours.
I'd propose that if you -do- kill all the guards, on leaving the area you get a choice to take the bodies with you (for hiding/disposal) or leaving them there. Leaving them behind means you can spend less time in the city, but taking them with you means you're suddenly carrying X number of bodies...
#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?