Newspapers - Settlement Edition!

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Tashalar

Newspapers - Settlement Edition!

Post by Tashalar » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:53 am

A role added to the Settlement political menu to assign a character to be the Newspaper Editor, alongside the Surface's General Newspaper.
This character can then write up an appropriate newspaper, send it off to the DMs now and then, and the item "Cordor's Exclusive News!" (They can alter the title as they wish) can be given to the Cordorian NPCs.
The Newspapers are rarely read at the moment, and mostly used (as far as I can tell, and I'm guilty of this) as items to be enchanted.

Newspaper vendors consequently are given the conversation option to sell both the General Newspaper, or the settlement-specific newspaper to the customer - for example, a Bendirian uninterested in server-wide news can just read the updates and happenstances in Bendir Dale. Hopefully the money from the vendors already goes to the Settlement funds!

That way, each settlement can have its own newspaper/propaganda source.
#2: Archmage Swift's Spellduel Rules
#3: "But I'm An Abjurer, I Can't Conjure!"
#4: This Spellbook Is Fire
#5: Think For Once, Archmage Amana
#6: Cor, What A Stunner
#8: Sigermane Special
#9: What Is This, Cordor In The Fifties?