Anti Mage Prestige Class/Epic Feats

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Scylon

Anti Mage Prestige Class/Epic Feats

Post by Scylon » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:53 am

Something I wanted to actually put forward, As I play a Wizard and understand the melees plight, but agree they shouldn't have easy access to a wizards best spells.

A good solution would be a new Anti mage focused Class and/or Epic feats which are tailored to Banishing things on strike or Dispelling/Breaching on strike, with limited use per rest. Hell, these could be bound together as well for new class/feat combos. Also a very temp SR buff that lasts rounds or something. Not over the top, just something that would mean the mages spells would have a 50/50 chance of failing or what ever metric you feel is best.

The trade off being an "anti mage" isn't an awesome warrior with mage busting ability. It would be an ok warrior or rogue that is awesome at killing mages. This would balance them out by having real warriors be better them them as their ability are tailored to being anti mage. Also it will fill a party "slot" to deal with casters.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Anti Mage Prestige Class/Epic Feats

Post by Irongron » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:01 pm

We actually introduced the D&D spell 'Anti-Magic Field' a couple of months back, but given it's power it won't appear in any spellsbooks, but will be rolled out to very high end/rare single use craftables.

I'd rather take the approach that any class can feasibly deploy anti-mage tactics rather than limit it to specific classes/feats.

Rejected.