More Temporary Stalls

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

mandoa

More Temporary Stalls

Post by mandoa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:28 pm

I'm going to start IC pushing for this in one settlement that my character favors but I've noticed that neither Brogdenstein nor Guldorand appear to have temporary stalls/carts for selling goods of any kind. Selling at temp stalls is (for me at least and I very much hope for others) fun RP and a viable alternative to permanent stalls which are almost always snapped up as soon as they become available, and its a bit frustrating that two major settlements on the surface are missing this, so I thought I would suggest it as an idea to maybe add a cart a-la the tower to Guldorand and maybe a stall or two somewhere in Brogdenstein for travelling/aspiring merchants to make use of.

This suggestion is not limited to the surface/main island either, I am just unaware of the stall situation in Sencliff completely and am too unfamiliar with the Underdark to remember if it had temp stall in its settlements either but if they don't, they should get a few too.

Edit: I almost forgot, I also think it would be neat to have a temp stall next to the two permanent stalls outside Myon, so visitors/outsiders can still try to hawk their wares to residents, even though I recognize player traffic is somewhat low.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: More Temporary Stalls

Post by Irongron » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:29 am

Both Guldorand and Brogendenstein are largely getting replaced, and so I'm not looking to add anything to either at the moment.

Myon too, is slated for a significant post HAK update. The new area will get more Temp Stalls though, when that time eventually comes.

But as for doing it now (the existing areas)? Rejected.