Arcane Tower Legacy Archmagi

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Orian_666

Arcane Tower Legacy Archmagi

Post by Orian_666 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:11 pm

So, I know this is a little self insertiony here but I wanna make the suggestion nonetheless.

I think that considering the change that the Arcane Tower took a few months back that the final Archmagi should be immortalized in it somehow.
While im in favor for the most part of the direction the Tower has taken I don't think anyone can deny that the way things were before hand was a massive part of the server and the players/characters involved created a legacy that is unlikely to die any time soon, if at all.
I remember back when I started playing on the server, many many years ago, that the Tower Faction and the Archmagi that run it were a thing and it was always an active and huge part of the surface RP.

So, what i'm suggesting is that the final Archmagi that led the Tower Faction before Thoramind handed it over to his apprentice be immortalized in the Tower much like so many other past Archmagi. A Statue in the training grounds (Jacob already has one there I believe) and even possibly having their own page in the Hall of Memories illusion book thing.
The Characters that were Archmagi there at the end are:

- Jacob Swift (JediZero )
- Angela Amana (TriadDraykin)
- Patrick O'Sullivan (Me)
- Ivy Pebbletoe (Can't remember player name)
- Chaesandra Desmantes (Can't remember player name, spelling may be incorrect)
- Lissa Whitehorn (Xerah)
- Astra V. Starlock (Atlantahammy)

Each one of these people can likely be contacted here or on Discord to discuss the characters because for descriptions and conversation dialogue (hall of memories) it may be best to consult the player for the most authentic result.
I know this is a pretty tall order, and again it's a very selfish request, but the way the Tower used to work is a massive part of it's history, one that goes back for several years as far as I can remember.
At the very least getting Jacob and Angela added to the statues and Hall of Memories would be a good idea because they were such a huge part of that history for most of it's duration.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my suggestion :D

PS: If the Wardens book is still there in the Wardens Hall then Kazen Salizar and Emelina Salizar (I think thats how their names are spelled) should both be added to it also as the last Head Wardens of the Tower (Pre Thoraminds Apprentice)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Arcane Tower Legacy Archmagi

Post by Irongron » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:56 pm

I've really never been fond of developers deciding who does and doesn't get a statue, and personally have never added any (though many were added before my time), as I believe it sends the wrong signal to our players who should, ideally, feel equally valued on the server.

That's not to say statues are a bad thing, I'd just much rather it was done via the RP of willing in-game artists.