template charge countdown

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Ebonstar

template charge countdown

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:45 pm

the new assembly templates are amazing save in one aspect

two of the three high end templates are non fixable when you use it its gone

the third is fixable but doesnt give a crafted gear warning as charges reduce like all other crafted gear

the lower tier pair dont ever need fixing

How can we add the charge countdown timer to the fixable stable or make all three top tiers fixable with the countdown timer as a charge is lost, since after you go through all the work getting the things made to find out you cannot keep them in working condition is kind of crazy
Yes I can sign

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: template charge countdown

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:28 pm

I'm actually unfamilar with this system, as it was added relatively recently by another developer with little oversight from myself. Will leave this here for them to address before marking it as approved or rejected.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: template charge countdown

Post by yellowcateyes » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:31 pm

A countdown timer for the fixable stable is fairly unnecessary. Unlike gear damage, it doesn't show up randomly - you need to actually press a button and use a bundle on it to tick down a charge. I would recommend simply examining a stable template before passing a bundle through.

The high-end complex and unstable templates are non-fixable by design. The complex template represents what was possible previously with 5% rolls on individual ammo stacks, and is therefore not meant to be something that is convenient and easily accessible - it follows the model of incremental gains for exponentially increasing costs, resulting in diminishing returns on the high end of the scale.

The feedback is welcome but the changes are unneeded.