Changes to Yoink/Wardteleport

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

ColorMeLucky

Changes to Yoink/Wardteleport

Post by ColorMeLucky » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:20 pm

Well, here goes.

Changes to -Yoink and -WardTeleport, specifically that we have two high tier spells, but they don't really interact beyond one being a frustration for the other, rather than a dramatic RP element.

I propose, to added tension and to aid great escapes both above and below, the following:

-Wardteleport now has a DC check based on their Abjuration foci, and Arcane Defense Abjuration (their typical DC when casting abjuration spells)

When a caster wishes to -yoink someone under a -wardteleport (but not a no-magic area, such as some prison cells, and the Slave Pits), they roll 1d20+ their conjuration foci and Arcane Defense (Conjuration), to a total bonus to contest the Abjuration DC.

If successful, the link is made and the target is free.
On a failure, the -yoink caster is struck with positive damage (or magical) and has a 1-5 minute cooldown based on how poorly they failed the check. (Could also be a lot longer, if it's found to be too short)

As an added bonus, if the caster of the -wardteleport has Greater Spell Focus Divination, they can also tell who is trying to breach the warded area, success or failure.
This can create intense magical rivalries, actual battles between magi and priests on a casting level that don't require PvP.

Hopefully this isn't a bad idea. That's my suggestion. Thanks for any insights.
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Changes to Yoink/Wardteleport

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 pm

I suspect this would really only diminish the utility of -wardteleport, and increase that of -yoink (which is already good).

I'm going to reject this based on the reasoning that after so much investment to achieve -wardteleport it would be frustrating for casters to have it frequently bypassed.