i know this will have to be part of a hak to implement so ..

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Ebonstar

i know this will have to be part of a hak to implement so ..

Post by Ebonstar » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:21 am

just so its on the list

for shapechangers, namely druids but others possible as well

weapons held in hands that have elemental enhancements merge with the shape as well.

if the druid is holding a staff, and the staff is essenced with fire or whatever, that damage is added to the shapes attacks
i.e.
if the druid changes into a panther, the claw and bite attacks also do elemental damage from the weapons merging as well into the form
Yes I can sign

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: i know this will have to be part of a hak to implement so ..

Post by Mithreas » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:06 am

That's actually entirely possible with scripting (and minor 2da edits for the shapes that don't already have weapons). The logic is a little complicated as there are three different creature weapon slots, but nothing we couldn't have done 10 years ago had we chosen.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: i know this will have to be part of a hak to implement so ..

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:49 pm

Sounds way too difficult to balance, given we'd have to revisit many of these forms.

Rejected (for now).