Blackguard Tweak; Free Smiting w/ investment.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Red Ropes

Blackguard Tweak; Free Smiting w/ investment.

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:37 pm

Blackguards in the face of Paladins, who have spells and the ability to synergize with classes like CoT don't really have much to compare, this is in part due to the fact haks, spells, and so forth are a complicated mess that have their own variables.

Though the BG gets a good few Arelith Unique boons I still do not think there is much of a reason to invest heavily in the class and get to feel like the ye olde anti-paladin type figure. My suggestion is to give them another cookie that makes use of something that a blackguard otherwise will never really get to explore. Smiting.

Idea: If Blackguard w/ at least 18 CHA the following is given to you for free.
BG Level 6: Extra Smiting
BG Level 10: Great Smiting I
BG Level 12: Great Smiting II
BG Level 14: Great Smiting III
BG Level 16: Great Smiting IV
BG Level 18: Great Smiting V
BG Level 20 Great Smiting VI

This gives a positive, incredibly limited in scope boon to blackguard along with their other tricks like poisons, sneaks, minions, and divine abilities but also allows you to really rip into the pathetic dogooders you so despise.
🤡

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Blackguard Tweak; Free Smiting w/ investment.

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 pm

A blackguard update is already pending. Rejected.

Though I do plan on doing something with the Smite Good feat at some point (its sadly just limited to a PvP utility)