Being able to hire NPC guards for big quarters

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Cybernet21

Being able to hire NPC guards for big quarters

Post by Cybernet21 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:34 pm

So i've thought of something,why not add the option to hire generic NPC guards for the big quarters (Basically the ones that have around 40-60 fixtures space or more just for themselves) at the cost of a higher price on your rent? You can even choose how many guards you want each one adding more to the rent.

The Guards don't even have to be super strong just enough to hold off people of lower levels,they would mostly stay there for RP to give the feel that a place has some security when Player Characters aren't around.It could even be like 2 max per big quarter,or maybe 3 two by the door and one inside.

I know this would take some work but i really feel like it would be awesome.

EDIT:One guard could be like 250-500 more on rent
My family were all knights,but none protected those who cannot fight for themselves.They all cared about their noble status more than anything else.I would be a true knight,i would train on the ways of the paladin -Arcavius Ryde

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Being able to hire NPC guards for big quarters

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:16 pm

This would be awesome, especially if one could design the attire of the guard. Still, it may be a pain to script, due to faction issues (who they would be hostile to)

Ultimately though I don't feel a worthwhile use of our time (because it would likely require a lot of it). Rejected.