Forging Documents: A Suggestion

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

FunkyDuck

Forging Documents: A Suggestion

Post by FunkyDuck » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Could it be possible to mechanically forge documents?
For instance, make a document and instead of signing it with: "citizen" (which everyone with half a brain OOC will just metagame as someone who isn't a citizen), but instead with some other PC's name? It could take a skill check to do, but bards and rogues in PnP would be able to forge documents. I'd think it would make for some really interesting RP and a fine addition to the disguise system. Someone with high bluff / perform (I really don't know what skill this would use) could make a forged document under a pseudonym that is written in text akin to how disguise names work. Then it could be revealed with spot or lore upon specifically examining that note on a message board.

At the current system. Anyone who writes something as anything other than their own signature pretty much gets disregarded as false information. . . (at least in my experience with the server)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Forging Documents: A Suggestion

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:36 pm

This would just cause a great deal of confusion, and would probably result in almost all messages being disregarded. Rejected.