Change the conversion penalty on Strators

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rooshi49

Change the conversion penalty on Strators

Post by Rooshi49 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:59 am

Mithreas wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:02 am
It was 20% when they were first introduced :)
This is the conversion rate when it was introduced. . . I don't know if its been changed since then. However, I think it should be looked at.

Strators for anyone who didn't doesn't know what they are, are a type of currency that can be gotten by placing coin into gem scale. It has its perks, in that while it can be pick-pocketed, its a weightless alternative to coin that be stored into a gem pouch and doesn't drop on death.

However, until just recently . . . I've never even heard of its existence. I think the main reason for this is that you lose ALOT of your coin when you convert to it. Which makes it very very impractical to use in just about any scenario.

I suggest taking a look at this underused currency's conversion rate and lowering it to near 1-5% to allow it to be used more often.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Change the conversion penalty on Strators

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am

I'd prefer that these didn't become any more common. Rejected.