New NPC: Shop Ledger

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rooshi49

New NPC: Shop Ledger

Post by Rooshi49 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:54 am

So to add to the minigame that managing settlements has become (I love it by the way, please keep it up), I have a suggestion that I think would be awesome and beneficial to the economy in the game.

Have an upgrade where the settlement can hire a NPC that stands around and when you speak with him he can provide a service of allowing you to look at all the shop's contents in the settlement and the surrounding areas for a fee. That fee would go to the treasury of the settlement. This would allow people to save the legwork of looking around at all the shops all the time and would help speed up the rate at which goods get exchanged. It would also allow a settlement another way to earn gold.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: New NPC: Shop Ledger

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:47 am

I think this would negatively impact player traffic in certain areas, significantly. Rejected.