Art Galleries/Museums for other settlements

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Lunargent

Art Galleries/Museums for other settlements

Post by Lunargent » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:21 pm

The art museum in Cordor is such a great idea, I hope it can be applied to other settlements. These settlements are most often smaller than Cordor, which leads to a large amount of player art-related fixtures accumulating and leading to an ugly, cluttered appearance, Myon being the worst offender in this case but I've noticed it in Bendir as well.

Give players in all settlements a place to proudly display their art fixtures, historical and contemporary, in an appropriate and attractive way. Thanks.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Art Galleries/Museums for other settlements

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:00 pm

When I remade Cordor adding in these cultural features was so important me, as it is an area of creative play that really appeals to me, and I had seen done just so very well by others. I really wanted to support that.

That being said they were a lot of work, both for myself, Artos & Septire (who added the functionality to the Nomad Theatre - which is simply breathtaking), and don't really justify that effort when I look how much traffic they generate.

For the museum and gallery I'd rather keep it under one roof, and we could perhaps add wings to Cordor Museum for Bendir & Myon. Players will still of course be able to convert their house/quarter into another.

Due to the work involved I will reject this proposal.

But as an aside, how about this? With HAKs we can convert the best player art/screenshots into actual in game paintings, If I can find a modeller willing to take on this project we could open up a section in the art forums for work to be considered? I already plan on doing this with some of our load screen paintings, and the Arelith Map, so once we've established a procedure it should be quite easy.

Rejected.