Writ system

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Amineh123

Writ system

Post by Amineh123 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:49 am

I was thinking about possible change to writ system, since it's still controversial and I usually meet people on my way in dungeons that outlevel my writ thus we cannot go further together creating possible fun RP, without being left with no reward.

What if - it's not exploit free, but much exploit restricted.
Make only one writ possible at the time, every 12 RL hours.
Slightly increase reward for it, I'd say maybe 20%.
Remove party level restriction.

It's only 1 writ per 12h, even if some meta players will try to exploit it and 'powerlevel' their friends - it's really far too small reward to call it overpowered. At the same time, it finally will take the level restriction away, and you'll be lucky to find someone strong on the way that helps you. Or you're gathering resources and can offer help to some weaker adventurer. Mentor student RP is possible, without too much exp involved to call it cheesy.
What do you think?

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Writ system

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:46 pm

This is system was introduced with the understanding it would be in development for a number of years.

Such reviews will take place when it is complete, though I do not think we will ever remove level restriction.

Rejected.