Paladin Path: Undead hunter

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

DreadArtemis

Paladin Path: Undead hunter

Post by DreadArtemis » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Hello there.
How about a path for the paladin that focuses on undead or perhaps evil outsiders.
Undead hunter: Gains favored enemy: undead that scales according to character level.
Bonus on turning checks: perhaps like sun domain.
Eventually gains bane of enemies for undead only (at like level 28 perhaps earlier)
When using holy water damage increases ( based on paladin level)
Enables holy water to be used like alchemist fire where it can coat a blade for a short time.
Has a form of light spell that when cast damages undead within 10-20 feet for a small damage amount, lasts turns per level and consumes a use of turn undead.
Not really sure what to take away from the paladin.

Evil outsider (knight of the chalice inspired)
Gains favored enemy:outsider ( can scale according to ranger or perhaps a different version)
Loses turn undead (this obviously includes the divine feats related)
Deals a flat +1d4 scaling bonus against evil outsiders (scales up to 5d4 perhaps)
Weapons count as silver and cold iron at certain levels.
Just some ideas. I'm not really sure how high level content is balanced on the server, but it would be sweet to have some sort of class kit for the paladin. Thanks for reading!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Paladin Path: Undead hunter

Post by Irongron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:34 pm

I've been talking about wanting this for ages, but as I said to an earlier suggestion I'd rather we didn't add any new paths right now. They're a great deal of work, and there's plenty of other stuff we need to work on.

Rejected.