Scaling Writ Rewards

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Baron Saturday

Scaling Writ Rewards

Post by Baron Saturday » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Similar to how XP decreases if traveling with someone too far above your level, I'm proposing the writ rewards scale down if traveling with someone outside the writ's level range, rather than the sharp cutoff that we have currently. This would allow for a little more flexibility while still keeping a balance of risk/reward.

I can see this being somewhat tricky to implement... maybe if the character with the writ is partied with someone outside the writ level range and makes any progress towards any writ goals (IE travels to a writ location or kills a creature designated by the writ - basically anything that would cause a writ progress message to display), the writ reward decreases based on how many levels over the writ range the party member(s) are.

Effectively, the goal would be to imitate how XP from killing mobs scales when there's a large level difference in the party.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Scaling Writ Rewards

Post by Irongron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:35 pm

As with many previous suggestions on writs, I'm not really going to direct its development based on suggestions until I feel the system itself is fully complete.

Rejected.