Forum Category: Character Development

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Mayonnaise

Forum Category: Character Development

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:35 am

I'd like to suggest creating a category/forum for concept creation and viability discussion! It seems like this topic comes about fairly often, people asking for advice and class combinations, feats, and other things of that nature. It could be nice to have that there, even though it is not entirely necessary, it would be a good resource!

Edited: Better name suggested!
Last edited by Mayonnaise on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DM Garynx

Re: Forum Category: Character Building

Post by DM Garynx » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:32 am

I have no say in the new forums, but if the section were to be added, I'd love to see 'character development' instead. Encourages the RP aspect more, I'd imagine, and gives a space for people to discuss ongoing character understanding and growth.

Edit: In the mean time, go for the Q&A, if you think it's urgent.

Mayonnaise

Post by Mayonnaise » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:36 am

Hey, that does sound a bit better indeed! Less on terms of character-sheet crunching, and more on fitting classes to concepts in a viable manner.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:16 am

I agree with DM Garynx on the Character Development idea. The only risk with that is the possible IG spoilers it may have in it.

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:28 am

Might be cool to have something like that. People can also use it to pitch RP ideas for characters so it'll be easier to find people who are interested in being an IC family member.

Or an arch nemesis. That works too.

In the very least, veteran Arelithians can look for new character inspiration there as well.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.