Kensai players and Dev chat

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Ebonstar

Kensai players and Dev chat

Post by Ebonstar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Ive seen the two kensai threads explode as people realized the fom change, and since its obvious something is in the works that the path isnt going to be retired I have this thought.

As EE is on the horizon, Beamdog formed their council of the community to aid in dev and design stuff, why dont we have a Kensai players and dev chat in the same spirit of things.

This way since we seem to have a group of players who play Kensais alot can sit with the dev and toss ideas back and forth so we can get a consensus and a viable path for those of us who like playing non magic using melee beasts.

This way it can be a true group effort and maybe the overall rework can be done so it wont have to be balanced so much
Yes I can sign

Ecstatic

Re: Kensai players and Dev chat

Post by Ecstatic » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:13 pm

No, as a general rule, the objective of a balance discussion is not "consensus" but rather "balance", interestingly enough.

The notion that a group effort will produce a more balanced result than a small team effort is essentially unfounded; more voices in the room does not lead to an objectively better result, and often prevents a team from making unpopular but necessary changes.
TANSTAAFL