Double Axe and Half-orcs

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Double Axe and Half-orcs

Post by Dragonovith » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:26 pm

Since Dwarves can now use Dwarven Waraxes without the Exotic feat, shouldn't Half-orcs also be able to use Double Axes without that same feat?

This is the Double Axe in-game description:

"Whatever can be said of the orc race, there is no doubting the impact they have on warfare. The orc double axe is a perfect example, patterned after their "One blade good, two blades better!" wisdom."

If this is already the case, please, send this thread to limbo :D

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Double Axe and Half-orcs

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:21 pm

In a sense, half-orcs already get a free feat towards using this weapon. You shouldn't use a Double Axe without Ambidexterity, and half-orcs get that for free.

Giving them essentially two free feats towards their weapon of choice would be a little too much.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.