change paladin 'summon mount' to 'summon aid(celestial)'

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Azensor

change paladin 'summon mount' to 'summon aid(celestial)'

Post by Azensor » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:56 pm

just a small idea i thought up, the numbers im putting in here are just ideas for what the numbers should be.

each summon would require a certain paladin level be reached.
level 1:celestial dog, cost: .1 piety(10 xp)
level 6:lantern archon, cost: .4 piety(30 xp)
level 10:hound archon, cost: 1 piety(50 xp)
level 16:celestial avenger, cost: 5 piety(100 xp)
level 21:astral deva, cost: 10 piety(200-300xp)

How to do it
Pretty much just change the option to summon a mount into a menu like the druids wildshape one, then change the wildshape options into options for the five summons.

Chance to fail
Could also add in a chance to fail the summon, because after all your not 'commanding' the summon but rather calling on aid.(similar to how -pray can fail at times)

things im not sure about:
still not sure if it should be a duration spell or a duration ability, or if it would act like the druids companion.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: change paladin 'summon mount' to 'summon aid(celestial)'

Post by yellowcateyes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:39 pm

While a fun idea, we believe recent changes to Paladin have made it a potent and rewarding class. At the moment, we're not looking for further paladin buffs or additional abilities.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.