Rerolling the dice when failing an item production

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Rerolling the dice when failing an item production

Post by Dragonovith » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:35 am

Not sure if this is too complicated without a Hak, but here it goes:

If your crafting skill points are double or higher than the required skill points to craft an item, you can reroll the dice if you rolled a 1 when starting the production of said item.

I'll give an example, to make it easier to understand: You have 40 skill points in Forging and you want to craft a Dagger with a 20 severity DC. You put the items on the forge and start the production, but you rolled 1, what means that you failed it and your materials are unusable, but in this case your Forging skill is double the skill points necessary to craft the dagger, so you can roll the dice again.

If you roll a 1 once more, you fail the production for good, but if you roll 2 or more, you are successful.

Yeah, I've got mad that I failed the crafting of a low DC item, so I decided to make this suggestion.

miesny_jez

Re: Rerolling the dice when failing an item production

Post by miesny_jez » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:54 am

The crafting deities already serve this purpose to save Your materials.