Illusion epic spell focus

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Roketter

Illusion epic spell focus

Post by Roketter » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:20 am

Illusion spell focus is somewhat underwhelming compare to conjuration or divination. All you get is an epic speedy messenger. True ut can be sent from anywhere but the common speedy is just 50 gold.

I think -send image should be the greater focus ability and for the epic one i suggest the following.

-createillusion "charactername"

Sumons a shadow that takes the shape of the specified character and joins your party but cannot cast spells or cause damage. If damaged, the shadow is unsmoned.

Elven Seraphim

Re: Illusion epic spell focus

Post by Elven Seraphim » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:35 am

Totally behind this as well, and I hardly think its overpowered. Not sure how much you can mess with Flametwin.

Hamatreya

Post by Hamatreya » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:25 am

Epic Spell Focus: Illusion
The caster has mastered illusions to such a degree that even the most stoic of opponents struggle to disbelieve them. Save-or-die illusion spells no longer require a will save.
Plays as: Vals Nerys

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:39 am

Hamatreya wrote:Save-or-die illusion spells no longer require a will save.
That seems a little too powerful, given that Illusion spells bypass Death Ward. Sounds like a guaranteed kill against anything that isn't a CON heavy warrior.

Weird has a DC around 37 from a pure caster with ESF.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Rattus_norvegicus99
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Rattus_norvegicus99 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 am

Roketter wrote:Illusion spell focus is somewhat underwhelming compare to conjuration or divination. All you get is an epic speedy messenger. True ut can be sent from anywhere but the common speedy is just 50 gold.

I think -send image should be the greater focus ability and for the epic one i suggest the following.

-createillusion "charactername"

Sumons a shadow that takes the shape of the specified character and joins your party but cannot cast spells or cause damage. If damaged, the shadow is unsmoned.
It sounds neat, but what is the point of that?
John 3:16

Skype Arelith.rat

Roketter

Post by Roketter » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:01 am

Well maybe I make a copy of myself and then go hide in a bush and when My enemy the monk character Nuck Chorris comes to do a roundhouse kick on my head, i pop out and get a few morendkainen spells on his spell resistance before he realizes how i did it.

Or i make a copy of Nuck Chorris and have him follow around and tell people "You better respect my authority or Nuch Chorris here will do his roundhouse kick on your head!"

It´s just i can see why people would want to be friends with a diviner (scry) , or with a transmuter (golems plus they travel superfast), conjurer (I need to have X brought here NOW!), evoker (And now that you brought him her, kill him with fire fast!) , abjurationist (Block that portal!), enchanter (Need the amulet of uberness !) or necromancer (rise of the living dead and mega banshees). I don´t see why you would want an illusionist on your high circle of friendships tough. IT´s basically the guy who can "sends speedys for free".

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:19 am

I would find fine if was given to them an epic illusion spells like:

Great Mirror image, so X shadows exactly as they were moving around the real one, making aditional targets for his/her enemies...

(a sucesful Y damage [perhaps, level of the illusionist] dealed on one of those shadows will break the one and the shadows can't cast spells nor attack, but they move exactly as the real Illusioninst, so you don't know which one was the real one untill you bash all them)

or...

Illusive Clon: Creates a clon of illusion of the own mage, that counts as a mage of half level the creator were (but same health). The clon will work as a summoned companion, but making the enemy confuse about which one is the real mage. (This clon will vanish after get his illusiv health removed)
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Barradoor » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Hamatreya wrote:Epic Spell Focus: Illusion
The caster has mastered illusions to such a degree that even the most stoic of opponents struggle to disbelieve them. Save-or-die illusion spells no longer require a will save.
I support this entirely.
Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!