Adding Cordoria to Deity Options

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Adding Cordoria to Deity Options

Post by CragOrion » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:25 am

Can we add Cordoria to the setting specific deities? Since it was an actual dm plot that birthed her as a goddess, and she has a struggling following, but a following nevertheless, I think it would help us get some traction if she was selectable in the book and we were able legitimately consecrate altars to her

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Adding Cordoria to Deity Options

Post by Irongron » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:35 am

I've ruled this out already, when asked about it some time ago.

I think the RP of paying reverence to a nationalist symbol is fine, especially among the mostly polytheistic population of Arelith, but granting them actual divine powers akin to the actual deities is not a road I want to go down again on Arelith.

Cordoria doesn't have, and shoudn't have, a formal church. like the Lady Britannia, I envision Cordoria as as a representation of the nation itself, and one that can still freely be ignored by those who wish to dismiss it as mere propaganda.