The Sword of Elysium

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

SwampFoot

The Sword of Elysium

Post by SwampFoot » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 am

For the EA folks:

[Dates are lost to me as I can never keep up with when things happened in Arelith history]

Under siege by an Undead army a quest was made by many of the inhabitants of Arelith Isle for the legendary Sword of Elysium. Blessed by Lathander this sword was rumored as the ultimate weapon against undead.

Scattered about the island, the pieces were found and brought together with the last piece found within Minmir Manor by the weapon smith and barbarian Gregor Ironfist (please fix if I got the name wrong), the Lathandarite priestess Snowbell Lyonson, the paladin of Torm Riago Angert and a party of various adventurers drawn to the cause.

With the pieces in hand this group made a pilgrimage, hindered all the while by Undead hordes, to the Golden Halls of Brogdenstien and the forges there.

There the Weapons Smith Ironfist remade the sword under the guidance and prayers of Snowbell Lyonson. With the sword remade it was passed to Riago Angert, then a squire of the legendary Sir Erik Silverarms and eventual Knight of the Order of Light Keep.

With this powerful weapon in hand Riago and his companions set out to battle the hordes of Undead, smiting down the Lich that called them forth and ending the siege.

On his final day upon the isle, Riago understood that such a weapon may be needed again and left it with a trusted leader of the isle. Its current where-abouts are unknown.

The Sword of Elysium:
Longsword
Attack Bonus vs. Undead: +6
Damage Bonus: +4 Positive (added as an essence)

WildOrchid

Re: The Sword of Elysium

Post by WildOrchid » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:47 am

I'm pretty sure it was the half-orc Gilgamesh Ironfist not Gregor.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:30 am

Some questions arise here (in case someone, like the own Gilgamesh could answer):

1. Date? (Don't need to be precise, but at least an aprox.)

2. What settlements were under the said undead siege?

3. Who raised that undead army?

Thanks.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

WildOrchid

Post by WildOrchid » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Oh, Snowbell's last name was Lyons. Not Lyonson.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

DMs aid please: Re: The Sword of Elysium

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Please...

any DM can recall the aproached date for this event? (IG or IRL)
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Marsi

Re: DMs aid please: Re: The Sword of Elysium

Post by Marsi » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:22 pm

The Man of the Moon wrote:Please...

http://i.imgur.com/txMRIx3.png

That screenshot (which includes all of those involved in the primary event), is dated as the 1st of November, 2012. It was a halloween event, iirc.

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: DMs aid please: Re: The Sword of Elysium

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Marsi wrote:
The Man of the Moon wrote:Please...

http://i.imgur.com/txMRIx3.png

That screenshot (which includes all of those involved in the primary event), is dated as the 1st of November, 2012. It was a halloween event, iirc.
Awesome Marsi.

Thank you

Thank you