The Chronology of Arelith SPOILER HEAVY

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: The Chronology of Arelith SPOILER HEAVY

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:06 am

Daedin wrote:
In any case...yes, those might be the areas where I can be the most helpeful, if questions arise.
Excellent, thank you!.
Feel free to check what could we be missing about your lore (perhaps, a track of every Coranal and relevant VIP character in Myon, and the most important events) If you could recall the IG time or real time when that suceed, perfect... otherway you could apoint between what other events that happened to let us guess where to add the event line.
Marsi wrote: I really like all the work you've been putting into all of this, Man of the Moon, but I wonder if it might be wiser to avoid chronicling 'recent' events here. Not only because some of it is fairly FOIG, but also because it detracts from any IG historical efforts that might like to take place.

Having played a historically-inclined character, going through the process of gathering information in-game (all the interviews, discussions, madly rushed logins in when you see a 5+ year old character who holds the final piece of the puzzle on the playerlist) is very satisfying, but it's also fairly difficult and, I'd imagine, very easy to get discouraged from when you are competing with a collaborated forum of instantaneous and 24/7 communication.

It's probably better that we decide on an 'end-date', after which we only jot down the very basics of major DM events or server changes. Eg. "Andunor's coliseum is finished" is great, as is the founding of Greyhammer, but the (incredibly) intimate details of particular characters of Wharftown aren't so great. Perhaps leave certain DM events such as the Zhentarim and the Army of Light in name and date only, so historically-inclined characters can fill in the blanks IG.

Just my opinion. Otherwise, I really like the work that has been going on here.
Yes, I agree your thoughs, and in fact, the draft is in a very raw condition, in need to remove data of the kind as you comment and keep it short.

but... in addition with your keen thoughs... I think that it would be more opportune to lock this thread as a closed and secret group, with access only for those who take part actively to support a historical record OOC.

The benefits are varied:

1. To support the history of the server means to support his historical heritage, to safeguard an exchequer for the whole community. It is enough the emotions look that the pale shade that we have, is capable of obtaining of the ancient players.

2. That the DM have access to the events, as source of support and it consults to plan their events, or to revive others.

3. Resources for texts that the DM/Builder might use at the moment of introducing lore in the game across npcs or placeables/items.

4. To allow the DMs to RP perhaps a sage npc or certain npcs that could be asked by the character players when they try to digg in the past. (Not always is posible do it through the players community IG since several witnesses passed away or were sacrificed... )

Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Malestrom, I need that you consider this and how should be re-edited... you have the word.
CHRONOLOGY OF BENWICK / KEEP OF LIGHT
:arrow: 15 BR [POL] Benwick Realm foundation. Galahad built Castle Benwick. Not later will found a realm and reigns by as the King Galahad the Builder.

:arrow: 15 - 1? BR [POL] The King Galahad married Lady Anna.

:arrow: 1? BR - 10 AR ? [POL] The King Galahad breakes his marriage with the Queen Anna, taking as his new Queen to Xyndral

:arrow: 11-12? AR [POL] The King Galahad passes away, leaving the citadel of Benwick to be governed by his Queen Xyndral.

:arrow: 12+? AR [POL] The Queen Xyndral renames Benwick as the Keep of Light.

:arrow: Meegat araise as the right hand of the Queen with the title of the First Lady Protector of the Keep of Light. Duty Bond (Meegat's husband) was entitled as the Queen's Champion and Commander of the army.

:arrow: 12+? AR [POL] Severian, Great Master of the Praetorian Order (ally of Light Keep) becames the Xyndral's consort.

:arrow: 13? AR [POL] When Lexius joined Light Keep, she and Duty clashed over how to do things. Xyndral was more of a figurehead and left the running of the Keep to a council consisting of Meegat, Duty and Lexius. Duty upped and left, after a fiery clash with Lexius.

:arrow: 13? AR [POL] Baltak Brinson and his followers arrives to Light Keep. His ambition of reigning, subordinating Xyndral, makes him fall down and leaves Light Keep.

:arrow: 13 AR [POL] After the war between Bendir and Stonehold, Benwick, who stayed neutral during the first Banite attack, decided to intervenite and with the survivor hin led by Severian, Lord of the Praetorian Guard and husband of Xyndral, they came with an army of celestials, paladins and clergy, imposing a hard defeat to Stonehold, detroying their fortress and disbanding the Banite army. In the last battle where the banites are defeated, Severian is killed.

:arrow: 13+? AR Berichance Arnesen of the Order of Purity came on the scene and began to gain influence, his rise finally occurring when Meegat was stripped of her position and put on trial for hiring the assassin, Cancer, to kill the frowning Knight, Frand. She was sentenced to death and later commuted to life imprisonment in her quarters.

:arrow: 15+ AR [POL] The Brinson Family camped at the outdoors of Cordor with their followers, founding the Rosewind Troupe.

:arrow: 15 AR [POL] The Queen of Benwick passes away (killed during the Shadow Throne Saga) and the monarchy is abolished. Benwick is henceforth ruled by a Council of Three. The High Priestess Lexius presides over the first such Council (Meegat, Lexius and Archmage Sway Sand (Lexius' husband).

:arrow: 16 ~ 20? AR [POL] Lexius now became the absolute ruler of Light Keep, though in practice it was still a council of three.

Interregna (who leaded the Light Keep during these years after lexius?)

:arrow: 3? AR [POL] The Light Keep Royal Quarters start isolated and ends ruined.

:arrow: 4? AR [POL] Light Keep is again renamed as Benwick.

:arrow: 51 AR [PHE] An unholy mist shrouds the isle, with undead sprouting everywhere and coming from Minmir is defeated by paladins from the Keep of Light.

Several wars in other settlements... Did Light Keep supported any other settlement as maybe bendir?

:arrow: 7? AR [SOC] Benwick start organizing great tournaments and festivals.

:arrow: 86 AR [PHE, POL] the Rifts Crisis: The reality became to break down, allowing a crescent wave of outer plane threats to enter in the Primal plane.

:arrow: 86 - 87 AR ? [POL] The Battle of Benwick. Using the planar rifts, infernal forces filter and besiege Benwick, in the first attempt to destroy the Keep of Light. The assault is frustrated in the last moment by the heroic defense.

:arrow: 87 AR ? [POL] Near to the collapse of Benwick, the regent ? Thomas Miler vasalled the city to the Sennclif Institute. But it is a question of an intolerable submission for most of the citizens of Benwick, for what it exists discussion brings over of if it existed or not a real vasall subjection.

:arrow: 88 AR [POL, SOC] Last battle and destruction of Benwick: The Hells' forces destroy the Keep of Light and the citadel, Month 11 (Uktar). Infernal agents reach to enter in the sanctum and disable the holy protections to allow the Hell's Forces cross the gates and to assault the citadel. The remnants defenders attempt a desperate and hopeless last defense against overwhelming demonic hordes that concludes with the demonic victory and the destruction of the last bastion of the Light forces on Arelith.

:arrow: 88+ AR [POL] All kinds of evil spirits infects the ruins of the citadel, between them, the rumor of a former deity of the underground, known as Dionne.

:arrow: 88+ AR [POL] The remains of long ago glorious army of Benwick, establishes a camp in the former tournament fields, to the east, from which they treat uselessly to recover some span of the desecrated city.

:arrow: 101 AR [POL] Dionne arises up after a long period of stagnation, darkening furthermore the dark domains of the fallen Benwick.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Someonehere123

Post by Someonehere123 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:45 am

The Man of the Moon wrote: :arrow: 7? AR [SOC] Benwick start organizing great tournaments and festivals.

:arrow: 86 AR [PHE, POL] the Rifts Crisis: The reality became to break down, allowing a crescent wave of outer plane threats to enter in the Primal plane.

:arrow: 88 AR [POL, SOC] Destruction of Benwick: The Hells' forces destroy Benwick, Month 11 (Uktar). (Came those forces from the opened rifts? My guess)
Chiming in here. In the middle of the Rift Crisis, Thomas Miller of Benwick used council writs to put Benwick in a vassalage to Guldorand, which was the puppet state of the Sencliff Institute and notably ruled by Infernalists. It was by a combination of the weakened borders between planes and the fact that Infernalists gained access to Light Keep/its defenses that they were able to institute the Reckoning and destroy it.

The diabolic forces from the outside came from the harnessed power of the Rifts, but were aided in a pincer attack by those devils who destroyed the Last Bastion and who attacked from within (the Catacombs).

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:56 am

I might also include a note about the Battle of Benwick, which was the first attempt by Hell to destroy it during the Rift's Crisis (But was ultimately repulsed by various heroes of the isle). Notably, the Battle involved Hell's military overrunning the Last Bastion, and therefore taking control of the stable portal to Avernus in the Catacombs. Various magical barriers were put in place on the Prime Material side to prevent them from actually using it.

Benwick was destroyed after Thomas Miller vassalled Benwick to Sencliff via Guldorand, as SOH123 said. During the chaos of the various Benwickians vacating it in order to determine what to Do about this, infernalist magi infiltrated the keep's catacombs, and undid the protections around the Gate that had been lain into it after the Battle of Benwick. The devils then had free access to Benwick, and were able to have a slight element of surprise when they eventually attacked it again and destroyed it.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:34 am

Updated with some new imputs and with your comments, polishing it a bit more...

Maelstrom has too much to say and to fix about, anyway... Looking for his word :?:

More Benwick loremasters welcomed to participate!

Thank you

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 pm

I have amended it, to be in the order I remember. I have not changed the dates, simply because I don't know them (we never worried about dates back then!), but that is certainly the order it happened.

:arrow: 15 BR [POL] Benwick Realm foundation. Galahad built Castle Benwick. Not later will found a realm and reigns by as the King Galahad the Builder.

:arrow: 1? BR - 10 AR ? [POL] The King Galahad breakes his marriage with the Queen Anna, taking as his new Queen to Xyndral

:arrow: 11-12? AR [POL] The King Galahad passes away, leaving the citadel of Benwick to be governed by his Queen Xyndral.

:arrow: 12+? AR [POL] The Queen Xyndral renames Benwick as the Keep of Light.

:arrow: Meegat araise as the right hand of the Queen with the title of the First Lady Protector of the Keep of Light. Duty Bond (Meegat's husband) was entitled as the Queen's Champion and Commander of the army.

:arrow: 12+? AR [POL] Severian, Great Master of the Praetorian Order (ally of Light Keep) becames the Xyndral's consort.

:arrow: 13? AR [POL] When Lexius joined Light Keep, she and Duty clashed over how to do things. Xyndral was more of a figurehead and left the running of the Keep to a council consisting of Meegat, Duty and Lexius. Duty upped and left, after a fiery clash with Lexius.

(Around here Dionne started to interfere openly with Benwick)

:arrow: 13? AR [POL] Baltak Brinson and his followers arrives to Light Keep. His ambition of reigning, subordinating Xyndral, makes him fall down and leaves Light Keep.

:arrow: 13 AR [POL] After the war between Bendir and Stonehold, Benwick, who stayed neutral during the first Banite attack, decided to intervenite and with the survivor hin led by Severian, Lord of the Praetorian Guard and husband of Xyndral, they came with an army of celestials, paladins and clergy, imposing a hard defeat to Stonehold, detroying their fortress and disbanding the Banite army. In the last battle where the banites are defeated, Severian is killed.

:arrow: 15+ AR [POL] The Brinson Family camped at the outdoors of Cordor with their followers, founding the Rosewind Troupe.

:arrow: 15 AR [POL] The Queen of Benwick passes away (killed during the Shadow Throne Saga) and the monarchy is abolished. Benwick is henceforth ruled by a Council of Three. The High Priestess Lexius presides over the first such Council (Meegat, Lexius and Archmage Sway Sand (Lexius' husband).

:arrow: 13+? AR Berichance Arnesen of the Order of Purity came on the scene and began to gain influence, his rise finally occurring when Meegat was stripped of her position and put on trial for hiring the assassin, Cancer, to kill the frowning Knight, Frand. She was sentenced to death and later commuted to life imprisonment in her quarters.

:arrow: 16 ~ 20? AR [POL] Lexius now became the absolute ruler of Light Keep, though in practice it was still a council of three.

Interregna (who leaded the Light Keep during these years after lexius?)

(I am not 100% sure here, as I took a break from the server. When I returned, I believe Luna Strata was in charge, with Godfrey and Rowan Willows running things on a day to day basis.)
:arrow: 3? AR [POL] The Light Keep Royal Quarters start isolated and ends ruined.

(I was no longer a part of Benwick by this stage, so all that follows is unknown to me, you'll need others to step forward and help out from here.)

:arrow: 51 AR [PHE] An unholy mist shrouds the isle, with undead sprouting everywhere and coming from Minmir is defeated by paladins from the Keep of Light.

Several wars in other settlements... Did Light Keep supported any other settlement as maybe bendir?

:arrow: 7? AR [SOC] Benwick start organizing great tournaments and festivals.

:arrow: 86 - 87 AR ? [POL] The Battle of Benwick. Using the planar rifts, infernal forces filter and besiege Benwick, in the first attempt to destroy the Keep of Light. The assault is frustrated in the last moment by the heroic defense.

:arrow: 87 AR ? [POL] Near to the collapse of Benwick, the regent ? Thomas Miler vasalled the city to the Sennclif Institute. But it is a question of an intolerable submission for most of the citizens of Benwick, for what it exists discussion brings over of if it existed or not a real vasall subjection.

:arrow: 88 AR [POL, SOC] Last battle and destruction of Benwick: The Hells' forces destroy the Keep of Light and the citadel, Month 11 (Uktar). Infernal agents reach to enter in the sanctum and disable the holy protections to allow the Hell's Forces cross the gates and to assault the citadel. The remnants defenders attempt a desperate and hopeless last defense against overwhelming demonic hordes that concludes with the demonic victory and the destruction of the last bastion of the Light forces on Arelith.

:arrow: 88+ AR [POL] All kinds of evil spirits infects the ruins of the citadel, between them, the rumor of a former deity of the underground, known as Dionne.

:arrow: 88+ AR [POL] The remains of long ago glorious army of Benwick, establishes a camp in the former tournament fields, to the east, from which they treat uselessly to recover some span of the desecrated city.

:arrow: 101 AR [POL] Dionne arises up after a long period of stagnation, darkening furthermore the dark domains of the fallen Benwick.[/quote]
Avon: Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?

Orac: Vila, weighs seventy three kilos, Avon.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:05 pm

And comparing dates between events... you couldn't recall how much time passed between?

Like... hmm.. Galahad married Lady Anne a couple real months after the Benwick foundation... or this happened one month close to my birthday, that was on ...

XD

Thank you

Maelstrom

Post by Maelstrom » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:01 pm

:)

I understand the need for dates, but sadly by the time I joined the server, Galahad was gone. I never met him, I only heard of him and what he did with Benwick through Duty Bond, who has also now left the server.

I joined the server in November 2004, probably joined Benwick in Dec 04-Feb 05 time and stayed at Benwick, in one form or another, until 2012-2013 though I was mostly heavily involved between 2005-2010.

Sorry, but I don't know the dates only the order of events. :?
Avon: Not enough! Not nearly enough! Dammit, what weighs seventy kilos?

Orac: Vila, weighs seventy three kilos, Avon.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:06 am

Ok... then should look like this (fixing some dates to make them match according the secuence. If none other has anyhing to add about, I will replace the Benwick entries in the timeline by the following:

:arrow: 15 BR [POL] Benwick Realm foundation. Galahad, Great Master of a paladin Order built Castle Benwick. Not later will found a realm and reigns by as the King Galahad the Builder. Benwick will be a Bastion of Light and Goodness for paladins, knights and clerics, primarily of the Triad gods and Lathander.

:arrow: 1 AR [POL] Destruction of Kohlingen.

:arrow: 11-12? AR [POL] The King Galahad the Builder passes away, leaving the citadel of Benwick to be governed by his Queen Xyndral.

:arrow: 12 AR [POL] The Queen Xyndral renames Benwick as the Keep of Light.

:arrow: 12 AR [POL] Meegat araise as the right hand of the Queen with the title of the First Lady Protector of the Keep of Light. Duty Bond who was a former knight of Benwick, knighted by the own King Galahad and who married with Meegat, was entitled as the Queen's Champion and Commander of the army.

:arrow: 12 AR [POL] Severian, Great Master of the Praetorian Order (ally of Light Keep) became the Xyndral's consort.

:arrow: 13 AR [POL] Rae Lexius Blackmour joined Light Keep as the High Priestess of Tyr, she and Duty clashed over how to do things. Xyndral was more of a figurehead and left the running of the Keep to a council consisting of Meegat, Duty and Lexius. Duty upped and left, after a fiery clash with Lexius. To be rewrote

:arrow: 13 AR [POL] Dionne, a dark demigoddess from the underworld becomes to interfere openly with Benwick

:arrow: 13 AR [POL] Baltak Brinson and his followers arrives to Light Keep. His ambition of reigning, subordinating Xyndral, makes him fall down and leaves Light Keep.

:arrow: 15 AR [POL] The Brinson Family camped at the outdoors of Cordor with their followers, founding the Rosewind Troupe.

:arrow: 15 AR [POL] The Queen of Benwick is killed during the Shadow Throne threat, defending the Keep. Rae Lexius Blackmour, the High Priestess of Tyr, saved Light Keep from the confusion after the Shadow attack and the Great Queens death.
The monarchy is abolished and Benwick is henceforth ruled by a Council of Three. The High Priestess Lexius presides over the first Council whose members were: Meegat, Lexius and Archmage Sway Sand (Lexius' husband).

:arrow: 15 AR Berichance Arnesen of the Order of Purity came on the scene and began to gain influence, his rise finally occurring when Meegat was stripped of her position and put on trial for hiring the assassin, Cancer, to kill the frowning Knight, Frand. She was sentenced to death and later commuted to life imprisonment in her quarters.

:arrow: 16 ~ 20? AR [POL] Lexius now became the absolute ruler of Light Keep, though in practice it was still a council of three. Erik Silverarms, fiercely loyal to Lexius became Duke of Light Keep and the Commander of the Army.

:arrow: 20 - 30? [POL] Luna Strata, Godfrey and Rowan Willows rule as the Council of Light Keep.

:arrow: 47 AR [POL, SOC] Rae Lexius Blackmour passed away amongs friends, in the Keep, in Benwick.

:arrow: 7? AR [SOC] Benwick starts organizing great tournaments and festivals.

:arrow: 86 AR [POL] The Battle of Benwick. Using the planar rifts, infernal forces filter and besiege Benwick, in the first attempt to destroy the Keep of Light. The assault is frustrated in the last moment by the heroic defense.

:arrow: 87 AR [POL] Near to the collapse of Benwick, the Councillor Thomas Miler vasalled the city to the Sennclif Institute. But it is a question of an intolerable submission for most of the citizens of Benwick, for what it exists discussion brings over of if it existed or not a real vasall subjection.

:arrow: 88 AR [POL] Last battle and destruction of Benwick: The Hells' forces destroy the Keep of Light and the citadel, Month 11 (Uktar). Infernal agents reach to enter in the sanctum and disable the holy protections to allow the Hell's Forces cross the gates and to assault the citadel. The remnants defenders attempt a desperate and hopeless last defense against overwhelming demonic hordes that concludes with the demonic victory and the destruction of the last bastion of the Light forces on Arelith.

:arrow: 101 AR [POL] Dionne arises up after a long period of stagnation, darkening furthermore the dark domains of the fallen Benwick.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thank you

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Dunshine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:37 am

Daedin wrote: I remember there being one orc character that lived in the UD, and later asked to have his sub-race changed to orog, as that's what we had been playing as all along. He was awesome..but I can't remember the name.
Perhaps you're talking about Hadushuk? That was one awesome Orog that I remember from the first Grond days.

If any details are wanted about Grond from that time, I can probably provide some timeline for events. Although my memory isn't as good as I like it to be.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:50 am

Dunshine wrote:
Daedin wrote: I remember there being one orc character that lived in the UD, and later asked to have his sub-race changed to orog, as that's what we had been playing as all along. He was awesome..but I can't remember the name.
Perhaps you're talking about Hadushuk? That was one awesome Orog that I remember from the first Grond days.

If any details are wanted about Grond from that time, I can probably provide some timeline for events. Although my memory isn't as good as I like it to be.
Any event considered important and deserving to be included in the Arelith Timeline, can be posted here. Just provide as many data as posible and we will see.

The current timeline still in a drafty draft phase.

:D

Thank you

Darius Tristam

Post by Darius Tristam » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:39 am

Hey all, Lord Darius here, Got two quick easy corrections for you.

:arrow: 1 AR [POL] The King Galahad married Lady Anna.

:arrow: 1 AR [POL] The King Galahad brakes his marriage with the Queen Anna, taking as his new Queen to Xyndral

That wasn't BR, as I did not know about it until just reading this page :) I left right before BR. I returned after hearing about BR occurring for a very short time.