Brogendenstein timeline? Missing

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Brogendenstein timeline? Missing

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue May 26, 2015 8:31 am

So my question is:

Is there anyone interested to get any track of Brogendestein on the Chronology? Only way I may return to add a Brog timeline so we may work on it. If there were not interest, I won't update it neither.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Lorkas

Re: Brogendenstein timeline? Missing

Post by Lorkas » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I would definitely be interested in seeing this, even if nobody else is.

I vaguely recall a post made by Artos on the old forums about Brogendenstein starting off as tents or huts on the mountainside after the fall of Umbrick's Hall, but I can't find it for the life of me. Even if someone could just post a link to that thread I'd love to give it another read.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:39 pm

I am missing everything regarding Brog...

But well... I may try to become to fill the hole as I started a historian character... Now, I will research IG and probably won't touch again any OOCly work untill I made sure if this stuff is good being here or not...

I am starting to think all this is serious FOIG and that I should never started this OOG as may be infinitely better to keep it IG.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

AEJDR

Post by AEJDR » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:13 am

Pfffffff YES! i will try to make a start.... bad thing in this is that the ol forum has been closed for messages, course the oldies (Hera and Gorans players) are not realy active hopefully Rugnan's player will appear one day again.
In the meantime i will see what I can get on paper. Mathor..... Jump in also please. Im only playing now for about 5 years so every bit of help is welcome

First of all the rulersystem:
in an election dwarfs vote for a regent. If a regent is for more than aprox. one month RL is regent he can ask his kin to let him be come a thane. A coronation is needed to become the Thane. ( the period is in game the period that the voted of the election are counted till the time that new elections can called)
If there is a Thane, he can freely ask for regents, than Brog has a Thane and a Regent.
There are two ways that a Thane can be come a normal citezen again. If he chooses that him self, or if the dwarfs will call the elections becourse they can not find themselfs in the way he rules Brog. One exception in this is if there is a regent placed by the thane, that one will be replaced and not the thane.

I hope its clear to everyone, and if there are others that think differently please let us know, but this is how it has been gone the last 5 years and what i understood of it.

But as a starter....forgive me that i do not know the years anymore. But i will try to reproduce some..

Under Thane Goran Bloodletter:
regent Hera Bradstone
regent Cornee Keglighter
regent .....Ruhn
regent Higan Keglighter
regent Yurna Glanbryn, she was it just for a day or two
(it was during Gorans return)thanks P Three :)
regent Doili Troff
Thane Doili Troff
Under Thane Doili
regent Keegan Ironsorn
Thane Keegan Ironsorn
Regent Glanak Ironhelm

so please... help if you can and ad or correct me where I am wrong.
Last edited by AEJDR on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:00 am, edited 5 times in total.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Yurna Glanbryn, IIRC
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

AEJDR

Post by AEJDR » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:05 am

Thanks P Three!
But are there any others that can come in contact with Goran's player or Hera's player, and can they ask if they know a bit more from the history. We talk about 5 RL years ago, that was before my time. Cornee, and Higan I ve asked already.... and if we have some RL dates, excel would do the job to count is back to the Arelithyears

redhawx

Post by redhawx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 am

http://arelith.com/ea/index.php/Category:Brogendenstein
The AE holds some information atleast. But we could work on a longer timeline?

Within the current active playerbase of Brogendenstein it's a effort being made to record ongoing events and happenings to some extent. A timeline would be interesting for me and i dare say afew others.
Last edited by redhawx on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

redhawx

Post by redhawx » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 am

AEJDR wrote:Pfffffff YES! i will try to make a start.... bad thing in this is that the ol forum has been closed for messages, course the oldies (Hera and Gorans players) are not realy active hopefully Rugnan's player will appear one day again.
In the meantime i will see what I can get on paper. Mathor..... Jump in also please. Im only playing now for about 5 years so every bit of help is welcome

First of all the rulersystem:
in an election dwarfs vote for a regent. If a regent is for more than aprox. one month RL is regent he can ask his kin to let him be come a thane. A coronation is needed to become the Thane. ( the period is in game the period that the voted of the election are counted till the time that new elections can called)
If there is a Thane, he can freely ask for regents, than Brog has a Thane and a Regent.
There are two ways that a Thane can be come a normal citezen again. If he chooses that him self, or if the dwarfs will call the elections becourse they can not find themselfs in the way he rules Brog. One exception in this is if there is a regent placed by the thane, that one will be replaced and not the thane.

I hope its clear to everyone, and if there are others that think differently please let us know, but this is how it has been gone the last 5 years and what i understood of it.

But as a starter....forgive me that i do not know the years anymore. But i will try to reproduce some..

Under Thane Goran Bloodletter:
regent Hera Bradstone
regent Cornee Keglighter
regent .....Ruhn
regent Higan Keglighter
regent Yurna Glanbryn, she was it just for a day or two
(it was during Gorans return)thanks P Three :)
regent Doili Troff
Thane Doili Troff
Under Thane Doili
regent Keegan Ironsorn
Thane Keegan Ironsorn
Regent Glanak Ironhelm

so please... help if you can and ad or correct me where I am wrong.
Thane Glanak of Clan Ironhelm from 112 to 119 AR [Died 1 Kythorn 119]
Tabitha became Thane 119 and ruled to 122.
Ghestaldt Blimth became regent 122.
Gestaldt Blimth became Thane 123 - to present [137]

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:27 pm

redhawx wrote:http://arelith.com/ea/index.php/Category:Brogendenstein
The AE holds some information atleast. But we could work on a longer timeline?

Within the current active playerbase of Brogendenstein it's a effort being made to record ongoing events and happenings to some extent. A timeline would be interesting for me and i dare say afew others.
Better done IC, imo!

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Yes, the principle of the new EA is that everything in it is written IC. Roll up a Dwarf historian and go digging around IC... articles like this are much more fun to read than dry timelines, IMO. It's a chance for bias (accidental or deliberate) and misinformation to spread, which makes researching history much more of an RP thing than it might otherwise be.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

If Valor Were Inches
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:40 pm

Now I want to make a historian. Great article and character. Alternate #1950 coming along, all your fault!

Not dwarven though. :P