Heartwood Grove TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Heartwood Grove TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:09 am

Thanks to The Kriv

The Archdruids:

1 Clarissa,
2 Delith Holin,
3 Elronia Geltafer,
4 Anaron, Kaeryn,
5 Colav Arniman,
6 (~14 AR) Dacey Calhoun,
7 Wilm,
8 Nalee Darin
9 Arazima Fezim,
10 (~17 - 19 AR) Nalee Darin (2nd time)
11 Shas Negar
12 Spike Dy'ner, (He was not Archdruid, but led the Gorve untill a new Archdruid arose)
13 Saretta, Laura,
14 Kayallan Leaffall,
15 Herial Ghalen,
16 Cash Razorthorn,
17 Coldwind, Alenai,
18 Council of Druids (Najma led often),
19 Izz,
20 Herald
21 Andenden Sal'enden,
22 Sara Sanders,
23 Zy'dre Ari'ly,
24 Anenden (~5?th AR - Passed away in 60 AR)
25 (60 AR) Evelynyha Verawyn,
26 Riordan Blackpaw,
27 Adendiom,
28 (88 - 89 AR) Navira Ashwood
29 (89 ~94 AR) Yana "Mother Bear"
30 (~94 AR) Cassima (Never yet entitled as Archdruidess, who tried a coup)
31 (~94 AR - ) Navira Ashwood (Second tenure)

Timeline

? AR. Foundation of the Grove

~14 AR [WAR] The grove was attacked during the second sharran war. (On Kaeyrn or Dacey's tenure)

~ 10th AR [POL] Throughout Dacey's leadership, her policy was absolute neutrallity concerning island politics. This may come from her close friendship to certain members of Stonehold.

During this time, the forest was mostly peaceful, though the western areas were assaulted by malarites.

~17 - 19 AR [WAR] Zeer, Cameo and their followers began attacking the grove. The grove more or less ignored the Cameo/Zeer/Sharran issue until the grove got torched and the dryads/Clarissa were killed. Thats more or less what drew the grove into the conflict. This all happened while Wilm was archdruid.

[POL] Not much happened during Wilm's tenure, but Nalee remained as archdruid for much longer, despite being Malarite. Under her leadership, she helped solidify a strong grove membership, leading to such prominent members as Spike Dy'ner and the tiefling, Arazima. It was mainly during Nalee's time as archdruid that the forest was plagued by giant termites. They were only pushed back after many many years of effort. Despite this, bugbears soon spread through parts of the forest, coming from the Crystal Caves.

~58 AR [PHE] the Talona/Beshaba portion of the grove made a blight and unleashed it on Cordor in an effort to "Cull". The plague effort mainfested itself in the form of diseased cloth items and carrier vermin. The plague was finally countered.

88 ~89 AR [POL] Navira ended her first tenure as Archdruid — Kregor was currently a squire to a The Broken Circle, a homage to the Forsworn, and introduced by his Knight, Sir Caelyn, to Navira on the day of her departure for the mainland for a sojourn.

89 to 94 AR [POL] Yana (Mother Bear) became Archdruidess from that point, until the coup attempt by Cassima.

94 AR [POL] Cassima (who was never officially instated as Archdruidess) made an attempted coup of the Heartwood — during the flood crisis in the Underdark. She sought to take advantage of the crisis, and plotted the coup, citing the Heartwood for inaction, and initially approached the Bramble Watch as allies. Kregor rejected her proposition, with the support of the whole of the faction. Cassima' allies in the power grab included the Malarite Tamarie; and the Black Archer Asherrin La'farra.

Cassima' "claim" to the title lasted a whole two tendays, between one impromptu moot, where she said "I am Archdruid now," and shed the blood of a dissenter to her claim, to a second moot where both the Bramble Watch and Heartwood factions convened to officially name the new Archdruid. Mila was the initial pick of Yana as an appointment, but resounding voice from the Bramble Watch called for Navira to resume her position. She was so named, and Yana officially stepped down from the title.

Cassima was conspicuously absent from the moot, and rumors spread that she had met an untimely end at the hand of some unknown circumstance, though none of the rumors were ever confirmed.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:50 am, edited 17 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Heartwood Grove TIMELINE

Post by CragOrion » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:05 am

Dacey Calhoun was trained by Kaeyrn, who was archdruid just before her. Kaeyrn's leadership was widely respected, but to contrast, alot of the grove were dissatisfied with Dacey's leadership due to her keeping most of the members out of any important matters concerning the Grove. Calhoun handled most problems herself, leaving many Grove members feeling left out.

Throughout Dacey's leadership, her policy was absolute neutrallity concerning island politics. This may come from her close friendship to certain members of Stonehold.

During this time, the forest was mostly peaceful, though the western areas were assaulted by malarites.

Not much happened during Wilm's tenure, but Nalee remained as archdruid for much longer, despite being Malarite. Under her leadership, she helped solidify a strong grove membership, leading to such prominent members as Spike Dy'ner and the tiefling, Arazima. It was mainly during Nalee's time as archdruid that the forest was plagued by giant termites. They were only pushed back after many many years of effort. Despite this, bugbears soon spread through parts of the forest, coming from the Crystal Caves.

One other leader missing from the list is Shas Negar who became archdruid some point after nalee, likely before spike's leadership.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

daemonshadow

Post by daemonshadow » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:46 am

You also need Cassima and...I forget the other one's name, but it started with a "K" or a "Y" and she went by Mother Bear. They were both before and after one of Navira's terms as Archdruid in the AR 92-96 range. Mother Bear stepped down, Cassima came in, then there was a rather tense moot where The Bramble Watch showed up and helped vote Navira back in, much to Mila's vocal dismay.

You might want to seek out KregorRanger for a little more info. I'll try to pull what I can from my logs.
I don't know about you, between and bicycles make me want to do natural things.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:03 am

CragOrion wrote:One other leader missing from the list is Shas Negar who became archdruid some point after nalee, likely before spike's leadership.
Shas (surname was never used IC) was Archdruid before Spike Dy'ner, and after Nalee. Spike was never Archdruid, but did lead the Grove when Shas moved on 'til a suitable replacement could be found.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:08 am

I think Wylan'la Saesma was archdruid between Sarah Sanders and Zy'dre Ari'ly.

For Nalee/Arazima/Spike/Shas, it went something like
7. Wilm
8. Nalee Darin
9. Arazima Fezim
10. Nalee Darin
11. Shas
12. Spike

Laughably, most of the people in/around the leadership position in that list didn't act/proclaim to be druids. Becoming the archdruid was more or less "HEY! The last archdruid is gone. Who here is around often and isn't going to run us into the ground?!"

Sometime around 16 AR, Zeer, Cameo and their bulter (can't remember his name) began attacking the grove. The grove more or less ignored the Cameo/Zeer/Sharran thing until the grove got torched and the dryads/Clarissa were killed. Thats more or less what drew the grove into the conflict. This all happened while Wilm was archdruid.

I think around 70 AR, the talona/beshaba portion of the grove made a blight and unleashed it on Cordor in an effort to "Cull". The plague effort mainfested itself in the form of diseased cloth items and carrier vermin. Not sure if I should name names, even though most of the characters involved are dead/not around.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:31 pm

Updated, but in need to add the CragsOrion notes.

Thank you people
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:28 pm

daemonshadow wrote:You also need Cassima and...I forget the other one's name, but it started with a "K" or a "Y" and she went by Mother Bear. They were both before and after one of Navira's terms as Archdruid in the AR 92-96 range. Mother Bear stepped down, Cassima came in, then there was a rather tense moot where The Bramble Watch showed up and helped vote Navira back in, much to Mila's vocal dismay.

You might want to seek out KregorRanger for a little more info. I'll try to pull what I can from my logs.
Correlating this with Kregor's journal and unpublished OOC records:

Navira ended her first tenure as Archdruid in AR88 (possibly early 89) — Kregor was currently a squire to a The Broken Circle, a KotR splinter faction, and introduced by his Knight, Sir Caelyn, to Navira on the day of her departure for the mainland for a sojourn.

Yana (aka Mother Bear) became Archdruidess from that point, until AR94, until the coup attempt by Cassima.

Cassima was never officially instated as Archdruidess, she made an attempted coup of the Heartwood in AR94 — during the flood crisis in the Underdark. She sought to take advantage of the crisis, and plotted the coup, citing the Heartwood for inaction, and initially approached the Bramble Watch as allies. Kregor rejected her proposition, with the support of the whole of the faction. Cass' allies in the power grab included the Malarite Tamarie; and the Black Archer Asherrin La'farra.

Cass' "claim" to the title lasted a whole two tendays, between one impromptu moot, where she said "I am Archdruid now," and shed the blood of a dissenter to her claim, to a second moot where both the Bramble Watch and Heartwood factions convened to officially name the new Archdruid. Mila was the initial pick of Yana as an appointment, but resounding voice from the Bramble Watch called for Navira to resume her position. She was so named, and Yana officially stepped down from the title.

Cassima was conspicuously absent from the moot, and rumors spread that she had met an untimely end at the hand of some unknown circumstance, though none of the rumors were ever confirmed. (Curse those anticlimactic MoD deaths).

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:43 pm

the zeer/cameo stuff would have happened after they got kicked out of cordor and were unmasked as sharrans. this would put the hostilities between 17-19AR

the grove was also attacked in the second sharran war when Keth was running amok. that would have been around 14AR(during kaeyrn or dacey's tenure)

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:15 pm

All updated I hope.

Note that some day, I will have to polish all the entries, with a propper literature and correcting typos and shortening the entries too, before the merge of all the timelines into a single one Arelith Chronology.

Regards!

Thank you

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:51 am

KregorRanger wrote:The Broken Circle, a KotR splinter faction,
(somewhat unrelated correction) The Broken Circle weren't a splinter faction of the KoTR. Once the fourth order of the KoTR had disbanded, it was desired that the campsite fall into the right hands. The main criterion was that it had to be used for "something", that it did not become a personal abode or unused trophy. Among a sea of (pretty uninspiring) applicants, Pugdish and his idea for "something" stood out, and he was chosen as successor to the deed. Though both Pugdish and Caelyn were close friends with members of the 4th order of the KoTR, neither of them, to memory, joined. From what I remember, they were a homage to the Forsworn rather than the KoTR. They housed some very old Forsworn fixtures that described their moral code. Unfortunately, Pugdish stopped playing and soon there after completely disappeared, losing the deed. The Campsite's golden days came to an end.

To tie this in, Cassima actually revived the KoTR for the short-lived fifth order (this was before Alair's fifth order).

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:42 am

More or less updated...

Thanks!

Thank you

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:46 am

I started playing back around when Kaeryn was Archdruid. He was close friends with Anaron the red dragonshaper druid (who played it as being a real red dragon admittedly) and was considered his successor. He was highly respected and often sat in on Cordor council meetings and other such events. He was also responsible for the Tree Binding ritual (along with a few other druids under him) used on Keth which resulted in the 'eerie sinister standing stones' in the Forest of Despair, that proved futile as Keth escaped them. Keth attacked the grove once with his followers in retaliation that resulted in most of the members who were present dying if it wasn't for Rask (a guard from Cordor) and a few others helping secure the area. He did sacrifice himself against a Shadow Druid who was working to corrupt the Grove and seemed to have longstanding hatred and enmity with Kaeryn.

It was his deep friendship with Anaron (who had close ties with Ryan and Stonehold) that sparked Dacey Calhoun's complete neutrality stance as on his death he made Calhoun vow to uphold the alliances he had built in his life. She spent her term as Archdruid shutting down anything that could hurt the Grove, to the detriment of her own people being involved in anything and kept Stonehold from targeting them through a series of manipulations and bribery. This put her at odds with the Dale, who suffered heavily from Stonehold attacks during this time as she was seen as a betrayer of her kin over choosing her responsibilities to Kaeryn's death wish over their well being.

Her successor was a Champion of Silvanus whose name seriously escapes me at the moment. He was responsible though for thwarting much of the Malarite intrusions on the Grove.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:14 am

^^--that's pretty much the way i remember it. I also joined around that same time.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

CoastalSurf

Post by CoastalSurf » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Anenden died in AR 60, with Evelynyah taking over at the time of his death. So that date is pretty well fixed if anyone wanted a hard and fast point in the time line.

Also...Cassima sounds way more interesting in this list then I remember her being, haha

Edit: Oh, the Talonite blight in Cordor would be closer AR 58-62. Anenden was still alive and had a pretty good idea what Katipa et al were up to when things first started happening

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:28 pm

"Talonite Blight"?

That also sounds way more badass than how I remember Medici helping to orchestrate it.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:50 am

CoastalSurf wrote:Anenden died in AR 60, with Evelynyah taking over at the time of his death. So that date is pretty well fixed if anyone wanted a hard and fast point in the time line.

Also...Cassima sounds way more interesting in this list then I remember her being, haha

Edit: Oh, the Talonite blight in Cordor would be closer AR 58-62. Anenden was still alive and had a pretty good idea what Katipa et al were up to when things first started happening
Fixed, thank you.

Once I ended the map, I will put my hands on the Chronologies, to polish all them with short entries, allowing to those historicians to investigate further instead spoiling.

Thank you

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:30 am

Since Navira came to power in the late 80s, for continuity sake, we should disclose everything after it.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:22 am

Anyone have the timeline after Nav second term, wicket attack etc...

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by The Kriv » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:28 am

I feel Wicket was much more of an occupation than anything else. For archive purposes, Nav never stopped being Archdruidess. Xar'ina was a temporary appointment by Navira as she was the most senior/active Druidess of the day, with the idea being that although Navira wasn't able to 'name' her successor, per say, she did offer her official 'bessing' as Xar'ina as Archduidess. Had life not interrupted, most likely it would have become official. Then, Sab, it was oh.. what was her name, gosh I can't recall who... who took over then... hmmm... can't recall... ;)
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:43 am

ROFL :D

I had to leave for a time around the wicket attack so just curious what happened after the occupation. And what that does to the official grove timeline. Would there be an * by her name etc..

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Anaron's last name was Oakwynd and I am pretty certain Moris Derthur was archdruid after him for a bit.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Jagel wrote:Anaron's last name was Oakwynd and I am pretty certain Moris Derthur was archdruid after him for a bit.
And Anaron is why the three level rule came into effect. XD
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Kriv

Post by The Kriv » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:25 pm

I'll look at my notes when I get home tonight, I should have an approximation of years for Post Navira Ashwood.

Essentially, it's Interim Archdruid-Druid: Xar'ina Moonstalker" followed by Elected Archdruid, Clara Ders

Years are not far apart, I think I can get it fairly close.

The Kriv

Post by The Kriv » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:57 pm

so.. seems our IG board that contained the complete history of all the Archdruids in succession has gone missing from the Treehouse of the Heartwood Grove... :|

From what Records IG that I have found, it was AR108 that Xar'ina Moonstalker took over from Navira Ashwood as interim Archdruid, pending an intended future moot to decide to make this a permanent position.

Then, due to RL getting in the way (oh that pesky RL) this was delayed longer than expected, and a new interim Archdruid was named, Clara Ders, which she was named officially "ARCHDRUIDESS" by those attending the Midsummer Moot of AR112

-those are the IG records I've found, if anyone has any different, pls give a shout!

and to the person who stole/broke/erased/destroyed our knowledge-board of the history of Archdruides... I send out this evil emoji to you. :evil:

8-)

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:13 am

Seems most of the boards have been stolen. A reason it sucks that the grove still can't get a grove only section, sort of like the arcane tower. A lot of history people worked hard on to make and maintain are gone.