Arcane Tower TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Arcane Tower TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:06 am

Timeline

23 BR (Bramble Woods).- The wild mage Allestrius Thoramind discover the Arcane Tower in the Bramble Forest and the existence of ancient devices all along the island that allows to attune the people with the Arelith Leys and use them as teleportation gates.

6 AR (Arcane Tower - Bramble Woods – Cordor).- The New Order.
With the Archmage Halen Van, the Tower was magically moved within the boundries of Cordor.
The Thoramind's influence gets reduced to casual and small on domestic duties, and almost limited to research, the Arcane Tower will become as a reference of power in Cordor, creating a mirage of safety.

8-9 AR (Arcane Tower – Cordor).- Era of Shadows.
The Arcane Tower falls under dark influence with the evil influence and guidance of the council and archmage Allanna, who proclaimed herself as the Black Witch.

10 AR (Arcane Tower – Cordor – Trade Road).- Relocation of the Arcane Tower in the north of the Bramble Forest.
The elven Archmage Kaeshan Se'Lhane, ends the Sharran influence of Allana and buying the Tower from the city authorities, relocated it through a great magical gate to the northern regions of Bramble Woods.

14 to 15 AR (Arcane Tower) After the Archmage Kaeshan achieved political neutrality and independence from outside influences, rebuilt the Order and the laws on the Arcane Tower, retoring the original Conclave.

1st or 2nd decade AR (Arcane Tower).- The Arcane Tower mages creates magical mirrors, that can be used to tune clothes and color them. Soon every settlement acquires many of those mirrors for the highest social classes.

37 AR (Arane Tower).- Duran became the Archmage of Illusions for the Arcane Tower, appointed by Archmage Swift.

40-41 AR (Arcane Tower).- Ayin Mesmer, a Thayvian wizard became archmage.

41 AR (Arcane Tower).- Enserric Aerlias become the Archmage of Enchantments.

43 AR (Arcane Tower).- Valiney, the Aasimar sorceress becomes Archmage of Evocation.

47 AR (Arcane Tower).- Thompson Trent-Hawkesbie (who was aprentice with Enserric Aerlias) become the Archmage of Conjuration.

~50 AR (Arcane Tower).- Shäalira the Younger became Archmage.

~50AR (Arcane Tower).- Mage Fair, organized by Shäalira the Younger.

52 AR (Arcane Tower).- Sandrhir Leonas became the Archmage of Abjuration.

53 AR (Arcane Tower).- Under the guidance of the Thayvian Archmage Ayin Mesmer, the Tower is relocated by second time, magically moved in the road to Bendir, close to the Mayfields' Inn.

5oth AR (Arelith).- New Ley gates were discovered.

~ Latest 50th AR (Arcane Tower).- Nadia Wilkens, a student of the tower, take over the lead after the Thayvian Clonclave disappeared, restructuring the organization and ranks of the tower, assigning magic school areas to each archmages.

50th to 60th AR (Arcane Tower).- The alchemists of the Arcane Tower developed an attunement potion that allows to be ported to the Umbra plane or to the strongest and closer Leys.

~60th AR (Arcane Tower).- Valden Stombright, a cleric and suspected Infernalist took control over the Tower, and founded the 'Mage Hounds', a dangerous and evil group of exiled mages.

~60th AR ( [POL] Many members had an uprising against Abel, accusing him of being a Sharran. The group called the "Wardens" was introduced, led by Yule, as an additional army for the defending Sharrans. The Sharran's exiled all opposing members, but were eventually defeated.

~60th to 70th AR (Arcane Tower).- The Tower was left to the Seer Lady, who quickly gave it’s direction to Peony Bagley of Bendir.

70th AR (Arcane Tower).- Terry Hayer stood in as an Archmage approximately three times on varying occasions.

70th AR (Arelith).- The Wave gets a new distortion in Arelith, opening planar rifts and creating some breaches allowing to enter in different planes more easily. Also the wave will be deteriorated making the mages in need to enforce their spells with new material components to get a stronger bound with the Wave.

86 AR (Arelith).- The Rifts Crisis.
The reality became to break down, allowing a crescent wave of outer plane threats to enter in the Primal plane.

89AR (Arelith – The AStrolabe).- The Last Battle of the Rifts suceed with the creation of the Astrolabe as a creation made to fix and stabilice the planes.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:52 am, edited 17 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Arcane Tower TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:09 am

Kal'Axis attacked the tower and the Army of Light aided... adding and polishing that later...

Anyone has a record of the sucesive Arechimages and dates?
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:23 am

From Duran Sane's AE page:

18/5/37 AR Duran became the Archmage of Illusions for the Arcane Tower, appointed by Archmage Swift.r
1/8/37 AR Duran became the Minister of Foreign Relations for Wharftown.
4/19/40 AR Duran Resigned from Minister Position couple of months after becoming the administrative Archmage of the Arcane Tower.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:04 am

P Three wrote:From Duran Sane's AE page:

18/5/37 AR Duran became the Archmage of Illusions for the Arcane Tower, appointed by Archmage Swift.r
1/8/37 AR Duran became the Minister of Foreign Relations for Wharftown.
4/19/40 AR Duran Resigned from Minister Position couple of months after becoming the administrative Archmage of the Arcane Tower.

Thank you, updated

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:25 am

Updated with some imputs by courtesy of Adiemus.

Thank you mate

Thank you

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Barradoor » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:00 pm

92AR Amacceam recieves the Arcane Tower Wards from Pretty.

93 AR Amacceam and Theodore Elect Vashant Cruciss as Archmage

95 AR Amacceam removes Theodore, naming no replacement.

96 AR Vashant Cruciss is removed from his position by Amacceam
Xachary Strobbe and Jahrel Elyon join the tower as archmage.

97 AR Jahrel is removed, Terry is named in his place.
Xachary leaves the isle, Manobi is named temporary Archmage.

98 AR Anshar Tholen joins as Archmage

99 AR Terry is removed

100 AR Manobi is instated as a full archmage

103 AR Anshar Tholen is removed from his position

Also, of note:
The Archmages at the top of the page has a little typo~ (Archimages)
We do not have ‘first archmages or council archmages’
Angela was not named Archmage in 90
I am unsure when Theodore and pretty recieved the tower, I believe it was 88 AR
Some years before that, Archmages were Roland Asen, Azyrah something, Amelia and more.
Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Barradoor wrote:92AR Amacceam recieves the Arcane Tower Wards from Pretty.

93 AR Amacceam and Theodore Elect Vashant Cruciss as Archmage

95 AR Amacceam removes Theodore, naming no replacement.

96 AR Vashant Cruciss is removed from his position by Amacceam
Xachary Strobbe and Jahrel Elyon join the tower as archmage.

97 AR Jahrel is removed, Terry is named in his place.
Xachary leaves the isle, Manobi is named temporary Archmage.

98 AR Anshar Tholen joins as Archmage

99 AR Terry is removed

100 AR Manobi is instated as a full archmage

103 AR Anshar Tholen is removed from his position

Also, of note:
The Archmages at the top of the page has a little typo~ (Archimages)
We do not have ‘first archmages or council archmages’
Angela was not named Archmage in 90
I am unsure when Theodore and pretty recieved the tower, I believe it was 88 AR
Some years before that, Archmages were Roland Asen, Azyrah something, Amelia and more.

Thank you, all your imputs updated!

Thank you

Barradoor
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Barradoor » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:34 pm

I checked my notes today, Angela was named archmage in 100 AR :)
Mithreas wrote:get good
eters wrote:I will try to resonate with you in a way you can understand
Peppermint wrote:if Barradoor is the voice of reason you know things have taken a horrible turn
Barradoor wrote:
!!HIGH LEVEL MECHANICS BELOW!!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:59 am

Barradoor wrote:
I checked my notes today, Angela was named archmage in 100 AR :)
Updated, thx

Thank you

Kharne

Post by Kharne » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:59 am

There is a period in there after Shalirra and before Roland.
Valden Stombright, Cleric and suspected Infernalist took the Tower. He initiated the 'Mage Hounds', a group of activists who sought out exiled mages. I believe the Tower then fell to Hound.
Hound took up Sincra Talos and Abel Nalbandian as additional Archmages. Hound left, leaving the Tower to Abel.
Verankht (spelling?) the tiefling then joined as an Archmage.
What may be considered another Sharran War then occurred, when many members had an uprising against Abel, accusing him of being a Sharran. The group called the "Wardens" was introduced, led by Yule, as an additional army for the defending Sharrans. The Sharran's exiled all opposing members, but were eventually defeated.
The Tower was left to ------ (The Seer lady), who quickly gave it to Peony Bagley of Bendir.
It then fell to Amelia, I think.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:01 am

Kharne wrote:There is a period in there after Shalirra and before Roland.
Valden Stombright, Cleric and suspected Infernalist took the Tower. He initiated the 'Mage Hounds', a group of activists who sought out exiled mages. I believe the Tower then fell to Hound.
Hound took up Sincra Talos and Abel Nalbandian as additional Archmages. Hound left, leaving the Tower to Abel.
Verankht (spelling?) the tiefling then joined as an Archmage.
What may be considered another Sharran War then occurred, when many members had an uprising against Abel, accusing him of being a Sharran. The group called the "Wardens" was introduced, led by Yule, as an additional army for the defending Sharrans. The Sharran's exiled all opposing members, but were eventually defeated.
The Tower was left to ------ (The Seer lady), who quickly gave it to Peony Bagley of Bendir.
It then fell to Amelia, I think.
A priest took over the arcane tower? Or he was priest/wizard?

Thank you

Kharne

Post by Kharne » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:19 am

Cleric/Fighter from what I know.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:04 am

After the Thayvian Conclave of Ayin/Valiney/Enserric/Thompson/Sandrhir disappeared, Valiney's student Nadia Wilkens took over as the lead tower archmagi. She changed the ranking system for archmages; in the past, it was an archmage of XXX spell school. With Nadia, archmagi were assigned to an area of expertise (ex: Terry was the archmage of artiface)

I don't have access to nwn right now, but judging from my old-forum pms, this happend roughly sometime between late 2010 and very early 2011. If you can get Chelemo to respond, ask him when he played his tower mage...the one with the phatom-of-the-opera mask that kept flipping a coin around. He was around during that time period.

Melphomene came after Nadia disappeared, I think. I've got a pm from 4/18/2011 about doing tower cohort quests, which was something JP2U started when melphomene became archmage. Kayla Gemeye, Richard Targiver(?), and Feenia (username) were archmagi at the time, along with Terry by the looks of it.

Sandrihir was an archmagi long before Terry was as well. I think it was something like a good 10 IG years (if not longer) before Terry got promoted. He was the very last archmagi promotion in the Thayvian Conclave setup. Probably around 60-65 AR. I'll see if I can find something more accurate with my IG items when I get the chance.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:52 am

This, requiers more polishment and shorten it a bit more.
The Man of the Moon wrote:
Timeline

23 BR (Bramble Woods).- The wild mage Allestrius Thoramind discover the Arcane Tower in the Bramble Forest and the existence of ancient devices all along the island that allows to attune the people with the Arelith Leys and use them as teleportation gates.

6 AR (Arcane Tower - Bramble Woods – Cordor).- The New Order.
With the Archmage Halen Van, the Tower was magically moved within the boundries of Cordor.
The Thoramind's influence gets reduced to casual and small on domestic duties, and almost limited to research, the Arcane Tower will become as a reference of power in Cordor, creating a mirage of safety.

8-9 AR (Arcane Tower – Cordor).- Era of Shadows.
The Arcane Tower falls under dark influence with the evil influence and guidance of the council and archmage Allanna, who proclaimed herself as the Black Witch.

10 AR (Arcane Tower – Cordor – Trade Road).- Relocation of the Arcane Tower in the north of the Bramble Forest.
The elven Archmage Kaeshan Se'Lhane, ends the Sharran influence of Allana and buying the Tower from the city authorities, relocated it through a great magical gate to the northern regions of Bramble Woods.

14 to 15 AR (Arcane Tower) After the Archmage Kaeshan achieved political neutrality and independence from outside influences, rebuilt the Order and the laws on the Arcane Tower, retoring the original Conclave.

1st or 2nd decade AR (Arcane Tower).- The Arcane Tower mages creates magical mirrors, that can be used to tune clothes and color them. Soon every settlement acquires many of those mirrors for the highest social classes.

37 AR (Arane Tower).- Duran became the Archmage of Illusions for the Arcane Tower, appointed by Archmage Swift.

40-41 AR (Arcane Tower).- Ayin Mesmer, a Thayvian wizard became archmage.

41 AR (Arcane Tower).- Enserric Aerlias become the Archmage of Enchantments.

43 AR (Arcane Tower).- Valiney, the Aasimar sorceress becomes Archmage of Evocation.

47 AR (Arcane Tower).- Thompson Trent-Hawkesbie (who was aprentice with Enserric Aerlias) become the Archmage of Conjuration.

~50 AR (Arcane Tower).- Shäalira the Younger became Archmage.

~50AR (Arcane Tower).- Mage Fair, organized by Shäalira the Younger.

52 AR (Arcane Tower).- Sandrhir Leonas became the Archmage of Abjuration.

53 AR (Arcane Tower).- Under the guidance of the Thayvian Archmage Ayin Mesmer, the Tower is relocated by second time, magically moved in the road to Bendir, close to the Mayfields' Inn.

5oth AR (Arelith).- New Ley gates were discovered.

~ Latest 50th AR (Arcane Tower).- Nadia Wilkens, a student of the tower, take over the lead after the Thayvian Clonclave disappeared, restructuring the organization and ranks of the tower, assigning magic school areas to each archmages.

50th to 60th AR (Arcane Tower).- The alchemists of the Arcane Tower developed an attunement potion that allows to be ported to the Umbra plane or to the strongest and closer Leys.

~60th AR (Arcane Tower).- Valden Stombright, a cleric and suspected Infernalist took control over the Tower, and founded the 'Mage Hounds', a dangerous and evil group of exiled mages.

~60th AR ( [POL] Many members had an uprising against Abel, accusing him of being a Sharran. The group called the "Wardens" was introduced, led by Yule, as an additional army for the defending Sharrans. The Sharran's exiled all opposing members, but were eventually defeated.

~60th to 70th AR (Arcane Tower).- The Tower was left to the Seer Lady, who quickly gave it’s direction to Peony Bagley of Bendir.

70th AR (Arcane Tower).- Terry Hayer stood in as an Archmage approximately three times on varying occasions.

70th AR (Arelith).- The Wave gets a new distortion in Arelith, opening planar rifts and creating some breaches allowing to enter in different planes more easily. Also the wave will be deteriorated making the mages in need to enforce their spells with new material components to get a stronger bound with the Wave.

86 AR (Arelith).- The Rifts Crisis.
The reality became to break down, allowing a crescent wave of outer plane threats to enter in the Primal plane.

89AR (Arelith – The AStrolabe).- The Last Battle of the Rifts suceed with the creation of the Astrolabe as a creation made to fix and stabilice the planes.

Thank you