Guldorand TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Guldorand TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Missing data...
Guldorand Leaders
50th AR. Alyssa Darkwind becomes mayoress of Guldorand.

~X to 73 AR. ...ss... Popkins (?), a halgfling female.

~73 to 74 AR. Kiyat Zadrimme held the mayorship for a year.

~75 AR. Gavaine d'Amorte becomes Guldorand mayor.

~76 to ~83 AR. Yvaine Aeglieriel (Gavaine's romantic partner) becomes mayoress of Guldorand (for almost nine years).

~83/84 AR. Gavaine d'Amorte became Guldorand's mayor again after Yvaine vanished.

89 - 92 AR. Raunrai (Vonevar's slave) becomes mayor of Guldorand, with Caige Ridre as Commander of the Guldorand Militia.

92 - 94 AR Mayrien di Dolcemaria becomes mayor.

92 - 94 ? AR. The High Watch is created under Mayrien's government. Khayal Khamsin, Gaelmesh Rhun and Alhambra were the first Commanders of the High Watch.

93 AR. Layla Rashmi apointed as Commander of the High Watch.

94 - 97 AR [POL] Layla Rashmi takes over as mayor from Mayrien. Ariel Vankova enjoys a very brief stint as the Commander of the High Watch.

98 AR. Gil'thilak as mayor...

98 - 99 AR [POL] Aeyl'kin is elected mayor of Wharftown, exiling several former citizens (including Layla Rashmi). Torvas Harlan is appointed as Commander of the High Watch.

99 AR [POL] After the resign of Aeyl'kin, Elzi gets elected as mayor of Wharftown. She dismiss Torvas Harlan who was the former High Watcher and replace him with the Tempites.

100 AR [POL] Kouto Wemblethen gets elected as new mayor of Wharftown. Under her mayorship, a great work is started in order to try turn the logging Camptown into a fort with better defenses, the works are left inconcluded. Under Kouto's mayorship, is ... Green... leader of the Tempites, as the Commander of the High Watch.

101 AR [POL] Sillina Hall is promoted as new Commandant of the High Watch for a short time untill her resign when Modéro Starker became as the new mayor.

102 AR [POL] (13th, 1st month) Mondéro Starker suceed to Kouto Wemblenthen as mayor of Guldorand. Mondéro promotes to Layla Rashmy (former mayor) as new Commander of the high Watch.

Guldorand TIMELINE

Sometime between 32 BR - ?? AR [POL] Foundation of a logging camp in the Skull Crags, known as Guldorand.

18 AR [POL] Foundation of the Second Stonehold in the mount "Valtheran". Eastern peak at the howling pass in the Skull Crags. Ryan had completely reorganized it's divisions, heirarchy, and system of law - the Articles. Most of this still stands long after his disappearance.
The Banites took their revenge massacring the hin slaved during the war that ended with the destruction of the former Stonehold, in an atrocity where the hin, after be forced to build the new Stonehold were forced to dig pits before being forced into those pits and buried/burned alive.

2? AR [POL] The Lemur monastery gets direction changed and renamed as Soulhaven Monastery.

5? AR [POL] The Guldorand logging camp starts strongly settled and turns into a small town.

5? AR [POL] Alyssa Darkwind becomes mayoress of Guldorand.

5? AR [TRA, SOC] The Caravan company stablishes in the island, communicating some settlements.

72 AR [POL] Mistican War. Ser Ubaldo Ferraz was killed during the war, at the hands of Dredoc Khraa, as he went to the aid of the Forsworn at Guldorand. The Knights of the Road, to this day, hold a severe and murderous grudge against the gnomish sorcerer and for months after, the Order suffered a very quiet depression.

~X to 73 AR. ...ss... Popkins (?), a halgfling female.

~73 to 74 AR. Kiat "something" (female) held the mayorship for a year.

~75 AR. Gavaine d'Amorte becomes Guldorand mayor.

~76 to ~83 AR. Yvaine Aeglieriel (Gavaine's romantic partner) becomes mayoress of Guldorand (for almost nine years).

~83/84 AR. Gavaine d'Amorte became Guldorand's mayor again after Yvaine vanished.

89 - 92 AR. Raunrai (Vonevar's slave) becomes mayor of Guldorand, with Caige Ridre as Commander of the Guldorand Militia.

92 - 94 AR Mayrien di Dolcemaria becomes mayor.

92 - 94 ? AR. The High Watch is created under Mayrien's government. Khayal Khamsin, Gaelmesh Rhun and Alhambra were the first Commanders of the High Watch.

93 - 94 AR [POL] The invasion of the Ragged Banner. Azuk Drooz, an orc known as "the prophet", discovered a relic, a mantle giving him control great hordes of beasts, that he used to cast a massive attack on Guldorand with giants, ogres, goblins, kobolds, trolls and orcs.
Guldorand weathered two full-scale sieges from the Banner. The first was chaotic, but the second was well arranged; many groups rallied to assist, including the Church of Bane, the Lantern Knights, the Bramble Watch and the Cordor Navy.
After the destruction of the mantle, by a group of heroes, the army of the Ragged Banner fell in chaos, getting disbanded. layla Rashmi, who was apointed as new Commander of the High Watch in 93 AR, led the last attack to disperse the fell ragged army.

94 - 97 AR [POL] Layla Rashmi takes over as mayor from Mayrien. Ariel Vankova enjoys a very brief stint as the Commander of the High Watch.

95 AR [TRA] The Speedy Message Company installs a representative in the Guldorand Logging Camp at the Skull Crags.

98 AR. Gil'thilak , Khayal Khamsin (mayor of Wharftown) and Elanor (mayor of Bendir) suscribes the Dominion (a pact of colaboration that didn't got alive more than a year)

98 - 99 AR [POL] Aeyl'kin is elected mayor of Wharftown, exiling several former citizens (including Layla Rashmi). Torvas Harlan is appointed as Commander of the High Watch.

99 AR [POL] After the resign of Aeyl'kin, Elzi gets elected as mayor of Wharftown. She dismiss Torvas Harlan who was the former High Watcher and replace him with the Tempites.

100 AR [POL] Kouto Wemblethen gets elected as new mayor of Wharftown. Under her mayorship, a great work is started in order to try turn the logging Camptown into a fort with better defenses, the works are left inconcluded. Under Kouto's mayorship, is ... Green... leader of the Tempites, as the Commander of the High Watch.

100 AR [POL] The Zhentarim War of the Black Diamond. (AUGUST-SEP 2014. AR 100)
- Lord Norkul, a Zhentarim General owning a mysterious relic capable to imamate a unbelief power on monks and leading four ships and a small Zhent army, arrives to the eastern coasts of Arelith and send messages to all the settlements, requesting them to join his force or be smashed. Every settlement refuses.
- Laureen, the left hand of Norkul is sent with a generous army of mercenaries and Zhentarim against Brogendenstein. The battle ends in a tie and the Zhent are repelled.
- Laureen leads an attack against Guldorand. Many heroes called by the Mayor Kouto and Commanded by Sarrah, are allowed to defeat the Zhentarim forces and Laureen is defeated and beheaded by Morkhav Wolfgheist.

101 AR [POL] Sillina Hall is promoted as new Commandant of the High Watch.

102 AR [POL] (13th, 1st month) Mondéro Starker suceed to Kouto Wemblenthen as mayor of Guldorand. Mondéro promotes to Layla Rashmy (former mayor) as new Commandant of the high Watch.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Faye

Re: Guldorand TIMELINE

Post by Faye » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:26 pm

8/9(?) - 94 (?) Guldorand's mayor is Mayrien di Dolcemaria [sp!] Layla Rashmi is Commander of the High Watch.

94 (?) - Asen/Vonevar/Gil'thiak's reign, Layla Rashmi takes over as mayor from Mayrien. Ariel Vankova enjoys a very brief stint as the Commander of the High Watch.

Before Aely'kin, Roland Asen, Vonevar and Gil'thiak take over. A monk named Viper replaces Ariel as Commander. Aely'kin is in the trio's employ, until he's fired. Then, the Elf wins the next election, exiling half of the citizens.
Maphias wrote:I've spent‏ like‏ over 200K on women's clothing from various stores around Arelith over the years‏

Faye

Post by Faye » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Around 93/94 there was also the invasion of the Ragged Banner. Layla's player Rystefn knows a hell of a lot about it, you should PM them if possible!
Maphias wrote:I've spent‏ like‏ over 200K on women's clothing from various stores around Arelith over the years‏

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Faye wrote:8/9(?) - 94 (?) Guldorand's mayor is Mayrien di Dolcemaria [sp!] Layla Rashmi is Commander of the High Watch.

94 (?) - Asen/Vonevar/Gil'thiak's reign, Layla Rashmi takes over as mayor from Mayrien. Ariel Vankova enjoys a very brief stint as the Commander of the High Watch.

Before Aely'kin, Roland Asen, Vonevar and Gil'thiak take over. A monk named Viper replaces Ariel as Commander. Aely'kin is in the trio's employ, until he's fired. Then, the Elf wins the next election, exiling half of the citizens.
Cool! thank you, updating soon with your imputs...
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:41 pm

To update too:

96-97 AR: Layla Rashmi as mayor.
98 AR. Gil'thilak , Khayal Khamsin (mayor of Wharftown) and Elora (mayor of Bendir) suscribes the Dominion (a pact of colaboration that didn't got alive more than a year)

Thank you

ArcanaFTW

Post by ArcanaFTW » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:03 pm

Cealis Smyth was a Watchman during Mayriens reign, and a little of Layla's until he was classified 'unfit for duty.' I believe Gaelmesh Rhun was the commander during Mayriens reign as well.

Ignore me if this isn't actually relevant, I'm taking a break from Arelith but soon I'll be in Guldorand once more!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Raunrai may have briefly been mayor, from what I remember. Another member of the Watch was a man named Alhambra back when Mayrien just got in office. There's a few FOIG-ish details about what happened when I was active in that period, but if you'd like to know just send a PM.

daemonshadow

Post by daemonshadow » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:23 am

Elora mayor of Bendir? Don't you mean Elanor?
I don't know about you, between and bicycles make me want to do natural things.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:38 am

Updated...

Members of the Highwatch won't be mentioned (only the Commander) unless the said members were relevant for their achievements.

Thank you

IDidNotDoIt

Post by IDidNotDoIt » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:00 am

I wish I could fully recall Hidan and Katanana's reign over there and the battle where they and the banites under Hammer Smashface fought the good guys over Guldorand. And not to forget Alyssa Darkwind. Probilly the longest mayor it had.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 am

IDidNotDoIt wrote:I wish I could fully recall Hidan and Katanana's reign over there and the battle where they and the banites under Hammer Smashface fought the good guys over Guldorand. And not to forget Alyssa Darkwind. Probilly the longest mayor it had.
Can't even recall the real years? (then we could at least have a decade of years to guess about)

Thank you

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:46 am

Alyssa was...2009 or 2010, I think. Don't remember the player's name past that they also played Elvewyn Nerevar. And she lasted at least a couplr years IRL IIRC.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:23 am

P Three wrote:Alyssa was...2009 or 2010, I think. Don't remember the player's name past that they also played Elvewyn Nerevar. And she lasted at least a couplr years IRL IIRC.
~30 - 50 AR (?) [POL] Alyssa Darkwind mayoress of Guldorand.

Thank you

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:22 am

That sounds about right as it was Alyssa's husband/lover can't recall which that was mayor of wharftown, in fact she became mayor of guldorand about same time caster handed wharftown over to the Church of Bane.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:02 pm

CragOneEye wrote:That sounds about right as it was Alyssa's husband/lover can't recall which that was mayor of wharftown, in fact she became mayor of guldorand about same time caster handed wharftown over to the Church of Bane.
Updated (as also updated the Casters takeover... awww...I miss the name of that paladin :P )

Thank you.

Work in progress

Thank you

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:25 am

Checked some dates.

Mayrien became mayor some time in 92, as I deleted my previous character a few days before making her. She resigned after two and a half IG years, so that seems to line up fine with Layla Rashmi becoming mayor in late 94.

RAGGED BANNER DETAILS

The prophet, known to be the leader of the Ragged Banner, was discovered to be in possession of a mantle that once belonged to a powerful witch. This allowed him to control the armies of the beastly races; the giants, the ogres, the goblins, the kobolds, the trolls and the orcs.
Guldorand weathered two full-scale sieges from the Banner. The first was chaotic, but the second was well arranged; many groups rallied to assist, including the Church of Bane, the Lantern Knights and the Cordor Navy.
It was told by the Guardian of the Lake, a silver dragon who protects the Nexus Falls, that one would need a feather from the wing of a celestial to destroy this cloak.
The feather was attained from an angel named 'Charity' in the Celestia.
The lair of the Prophet in the bowels of Glorag Mur was raided by four people (Gwydion Aethelstan, Seril Di'rel'fer, Keldan Loa'vith and Mayrien di Dolcemarea). There, the prophet was found; an orc called Azuk Drooz. Keldan, who was an archer, attached the feather to his arrow as fletching and shot the cloak, destroying it. The army of the Ragged Banner fell apart into chaos once this was done. Members of the High Watch, lead by Layla Rashmi, chased down the bulk of the scattering forces. The rest of the fallen army returned to their respective tribal homes.
When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:10 am

Thank you Red Ganot. Updated.

Your history deserve to be a bit polished and made a book IG... Any of your alive characters know it? (Do it!... Unless that was already in an IG book).

Cheers and gratitude for your support.

Thank you

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Due to my penchant for short-lived characters with spur of the moment deletion, IG records rarely survive. I always seem to remember something that should have been passed on the moment I hit delete_character. Humbug.

My memory is ticking over, at least. Khayal Khamsin, Gaelmesh Rhun, and Alhambra were the first three commanders of the High Watch. Layla Rashmi was made the commander in late 93 after the others resigned and or disappeared. Numbers dropped right after the Ragged Banner war ceased.

Raunrai, Vonevar's slave, was the mayor of Guldorand from about 89-92. During that time, Caige Ridre was the commander of the Guldorand Militia.

Before that, I think it was a woman who had a name starting with Y. And a family of some sort. I am going to jog up to Guldorand later to check out some fixtures. Certain there is a name somewhere.

EDIT: I think the mayor was actually a dude named Gavaine d'Amorte. Yvaine was his wife, possibly? Correct me if I am wrong.
When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:53 pm

RED GANOT wrote:... My memory is ticking over, at least...
Thank you mate, all updated (hopefuly in the right way)... hatefully the EA doesn't digg on the latest 70th + AR years, so I cannot digg for anything that recent, this is why your info is double precious!

Regards

Thank you

WildOrchid

Post by WildOrchid » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:26 pm

My memory is kind of foggy on names and years, but I can help fill in some of the blanks.

Up until about AR73 there was a female Hin mayor of Gulordand, Sariah Sioban Popkins (spelling), known as SS. She was mayor for several years. Many members of the Forsworn sat on the council including Oria Mavekix, an Elven woman whose names escapes me, and Yvaine Aeglieriel (spelling)

She appointed the next mayor, another female, I want to say Kyiat something, who held the office for one year.

Around AR75 Gavaine D'Amorte (spelling) was mayor for one year.

Then in AR76?, Yvaine Aeglieriel. She was the mayor for maybe 9 in game years? Havardr Steinsson headed the Guldorand Mountaineers, then recplaced with James Malhinde (Leader of the Forsworn). James vanished and the guard was given a new name and headed by Kasharry Dane.

Yvaine vanished and Gavaine became mayor again. I was inactive during that time so I don't know for how long he held office the second time.

Sometime after Gavaine's leadership of Guldorand Jel (formerly Lyons) was mayor briefly after buying the election.
Last edited by WildOrchid on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WildOrchid

Post by WildOrchid » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:27 pm

RED GANOT wrote:
EDIT: I think the mayor was actually a dude named Gavaine d'Amorte. Yvaine was his wife, possibly? Correct me if I am wrong.
Yvaine was NOT Gavaine's wife. Although they were romantically involved on and off over many years.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:49 pm

WildOrchid wrote: references...
Thanks!

Draft updated

Thank you

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:25 pm

WildOrchid wrote:My memory is kind of foggy on names and years, but I can help fill in some of the blanks.

Up until about AR73 there was a female Hin mayor of Gulordand, Sariah Sioban Popkins (spelling), known as SS. She was mayor for several years. Many members of the Forsworn sat on the council including Oria Mavekix, an Elven woman whose names escapes me, and Yvaine Aeglieriel (spelling)

She appointed the next mayor, another female, I want to say Kyiat something, who held the office for one year.

Around AR75 Gavaine D'Amorte (spelling) was mayor for one year.

Then in AR76?, Yvaine Aeglieriel. She was the mayor for maybe 9 in game years? Havardr Steinsson headed the Guldorand Mountaineers, then recplaced with James Malhinde (Leader of the Forsworn). James vanished and the guard was given a new name and headed by Kasharry Dane.

Yvaine vanished and Gavaine became mayor again. I was inactive during that time so I don't know for how long he held office the second time.

Sometime after Gavaine's leadership of Guldorand Jel (formerly Lyons) was mayor briefly after buying the election.
Kiyat Zadrimme?
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:43 am

Up da ted

Thanks!

Thank you

KregorRanger

Post by KregorRanger » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:25 am

Bramble Watch also assisted in the defense of Guldorand during the Ragged Red Banner sieges, since we're listing factions. :)

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:18 pm

KregorRanger wrote:Bramble Watch also assisted in the defense of Guldorand during the Ragged Red Banner sieges, since we're listing factions. :)
Thank you, updated

Thank you