Guldorand TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

WildOrchid

Re: Guldorand TIMELINE

Post by WildOrchid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:29 pm

P Three wrote:
WildOrchid wrote:My memory is kind of foggy on names and years, but I can help fill in some of the blanks.

Up until about AR73 there was a female Hin mayor of Gulordand, Sariah Sioban Popkins (spelling), known as SS. She was mayor for several years. Many members of the Forsworn sat on the council including Oria Mavekix, an Elven woman whose names escapes me, and Yvaine Aeglieriel (spelling)

She appointed the next mayor, another female, I want to say Kyiat something, who held the office for one year.

Around AR75 Gavaine D'Amorte (spelling) was mayor for one year.

Then in AR76?, Yvaine Aeglieriel. She was the mayor for maybe 9 in game years? Havardr Steinsson headed the Guldorand Mountaineers, then recplaced with James Malhinde (Leader of the Forsworn). James vanished and the guard was given a new name and headed by Kasharry Dane.

Yvaine vanished and Gavaine became mayor again. I was inactive during that time so I don't know for how long he held office the second time.

Sometime after Gavaine's leadership of Guldorand Jel (formerly Lyons) was mayor briefly after buying the election.
Kiyat Zadrimme?
I don't know if Kyiat was on the council. I really don't recall her being part of it. I was thinking of Eowadra Illael.
Kyiat was around and was Sariah's hand picked choice to fill the mayor position though.

markus_stonescribe

Post by markus_stonescribe » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:11 am

More info on Gil'thilak / Aeyl'kin from one of Aey's Apprentices.

98 - Asen, Gil'thilak and Vonevar of the Crows take over Guldorand. Aeyl'kin agent in Guldorand for Elven Faction who are opposed to Myon's neutrality. When Asen, Roland and Vonevar start a war with Cordor, Elanor Shortwick (Mayor of Bendir) forms a plan with Brog represented by Harran Braidstone for the Thane and the non-neutral Myon Faction to end war. Aeyl'kin steps in when original candidate for mayor is unable to be located.

98-99 - Alliance with Putik Kapas and the Svirfneblin with assistance from Doli Troff of Brog and Paethyrs Si'Madren of Myon, Guldorand bankrupted and Aeyl'kin voted mayor. Any known 'evil' residents are exiled, in particular Layla Rashemi a known Sharran (Aeyl'kin a Selunite Paladin before becoming a mage) Guldorand vassal of Bendir as part of Elanor's empire and focused on being a settlement of crafting guilds. Elanor discovered to be under the control of the Crows, Elections in Bendir. Aeyl'kin resigns after new mayor of Bendir refuses to give Guldorand it's independence. Elzi elected mayor. Aeyl'kin assasinated shortly after.

Edit: Torvas Harlan Commander of High Watch as his partner (can't remember her name) (Kregor's niece) and Aeyl'kin (who is also has lycanthropy) attempt to sway him from the path of Malar to Selune.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:03 pm

markus_stonescribe wrote:More info on Gil'thilak / Aeyl'kin from one of Aey's Apprentices.

98 - Asen, Gil'thilak and Vonevar of the Crows take over Guldorand. Aeyl'kin agent in Guldorand for Elven Faction who are opposed to Myon's neutrality. When Asen, Roland and Vonevar start a war with Cordor, Elanor Shortwick (Mayor of Bendir) forms a plan with Brog represented by Harran Braidstone for the Thane and the non-neutral Myon Faction to end war. Aeyl'kin steps in when original candidate for mayor is unable to be located.

98-99 - Alliance with Putik Kapas and the Svirfneblin with assistance from Doli Troff of Brog and Paethyrs Si'Madren of Myon, Guldorand bankrupted and Aeyl'kin voted mayor. Any known 'evil' residents are exiled, in particular Layla Rashemi a known Sharran (Aeyl'kin a Selunite Paladin before becoming a mage) Guldorand vassal of Bendir as part of Elanor's empire and focused on being a settlement of crafting guilds. Elanor discovered to be under the control of the Crows, Elections in Bendir. Aeyl'kin resigns after new mayor of Bendir refuses to give Guldorand it's independence. Elzi elected mayor. Aeyl'kin assasinated shortly after.

Edit: Torvas Harlan Commander of High Watch as his partner (can't remember her name) (Kregor's niece) and Aeyl'kin (who is also has lycanthropy) attempt to sway him from the path of Malar to Selune.
On this Chronology, was suggested to CUT the timeline in the point of the Rift Crysis ~80 AR.

So after the Planar Breach that brought the fall of Benwick and the creation of the Astrolabe, we stop adding data.

Why? To allow IG/IC historians to have a work to do, as is considered modern history...

Also, note that the Chronology was shortened, so if any wanted deeper details, will need to IG research.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

WildOrchid

Post by WildOrchid » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:46 pm

So, I was cleaning up some old notes today and I found this information.

Jel (formerly Jel Lyons) was elected Mayor of Guldorand in 88 - briefly.

Hannah Astead was elected Mayor in 89 right after Jel.

andthenthatwasthat

Post by andthenthatwasthat » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:52 am

Some nitpicking detail. :)

There was also a large push by the Tempurian faction to elect Aeyl'kin as the Mayor after their plan to overtake the settlement themselves failed. I remember marching with Sophie (as a representative of Cordor) and a large Tempurian force lead by Mennen (I think it was him) to ensure Aeyl'kin is elected and Asen, Gil'thak, and Vonevar exiled.

My memory is a bit blurry here, but just before the Cordor-Guldorand war, Layla and Mondero worked together with Sophie to remove Asen, Vonevar, and Gil'thak from Guldorand until Sophie's short lived "alliance" with Roland.

Also, Elzi is elected with support from a faction and also Mondero and Sophie. Mondero was going around looking for donors to replenish the Gulodrand treasury. At some point Elzi I think gets Anthony Greenhouse to be the Commander (is this correct or am I going senile?).

WildOrchid

Post by WildOrchid » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:22 pm

andthenthatwasthat wrote:Some nitpicking detail. :)

Also, Elzi is elected with support from a faction and also Mondero and Sophie. Mondero was going around looking for donors to replenish the Gulodrand treasury. At some point Elzi I think gets Anthony Greenhouse to be the Commander (is this correct or am I going senile?).

I remember this. Not all the minor details, but enough to know what you are referring to.

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:30 pm

"72 AR [POL] Mistican War. Ser Ubaldo Ferraz was killed during the war, at the hands of Dredoc Khraa, as he went to the aid of the Forsworn at Guldorand. The Knights of the Road, to this day, hold a severe and murderous grudge against the gnomish sorcerer and for months after, the Order suffered a very quiet depression. "

I believe the Mistican war was long over when this happened. If I remember it was different war taking place between Cordor and Wharftown that spilled over to the rest of the island.

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:32 am

That's correct, Kimura.

Dredoc wasn't really associated with Misty et all. Ubaldo died later (I believe his tombstone says he died in year 75?)
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

PixilPixi
Location: Trying desperately to bleach my mind of any characters made on this account.

Post by PixilPixi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:32 am

WildOrchid wrote:
andthenthatwasthat wrote:Some nitpicking detail. :)

I remember this. Not all the minor details, but enough to know what you are referring to.
She had the support of a lathander faction at the time and some tenants who lived there. Names I don't remember. And I believe Anthony came around wanting to be made commander so I did it. (I could be wrong though, my memory isn't super great. That- and- I kinda try to like bleach my mind of this time period- for obvious reasons.)

If Valor Were Inches
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Guldorand was vassaled in the 60s first to Myon and then to Brogendenstein. In the early 60s there were a few attempts by the Church of Bane to take power, but pushed out by the leader of Brog.

Sariah-Siobhan Popkins (S-S) was mayor for about 9-10 years. It took her about three years to see the vassalage to Brogendenstein removed. For a few months, there was a bloodless war with Brogendenstein due to a brewing conflict with how Guldorand sovereignty would be paid/achieved.

In the late 60s/early 70s was also when the Forsworn came from Light Keep to live in Guldorand. In S-S's final years, there was another Banite attempt to take over Guldorand, thwarted by the support of Guldorand and allies from around the isle.