Wharftown TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Wharftown TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Timeline

~10’s BR (Old Stonehold).- Morghum the Black arises.

~10’s BR (bitter Coast).- Foundation of Wharftown

~10 AR (Wharftown).- Aristotlus Bibliophilius V, leaves Cordor, where developed a great work in the Guard, and becomes the mayor of Wharftown reaching a successful leadership.

~10 to 12 AR (Wharftown).- The Waymen are created as the guard of the town, formed by Aristotlus Bibliophilus and Rune Degrem.

~14 AR (Wharftown).- Aristotlus Bibliophilius V, passes away[/b] .

22 AR (Arelith Coasts).- Raid of the Blood Sail Pirates on Arelith.
A great pirate fleet incurses the island with hidden purposes.

~30’s AR (Bitter Coast).- The bandits known as the Whartown Boys expand in their Hideout, in the Bitter Coast.

35 AR (Wharftown - Abyss).- Kâ'thea Anêph, who was the mayoress of Wharftown when (and Apprentice to Lady Quimelya of the Abyss) resigns as mayoress to become the Lady of the Abysal Fortress, suceeding to Lordaryn.

35 AR (Wharftown – Bendir - Underdark – Urblexis Grond).- Skeflock, Tyrant of Urblexis Grond sent an army against Wharftown. But Biad, Bendir's Captain and Leader on the Dale, afraid that Bendir could follow in the plans of conquest, led an army to counter and make retreat the svirneflin forces.

38 AR (Forest of Despair – Temple of Malar).- Spread of Lycanthropy from the Forest of Despair.

40 AR (Wharftown - Thayvyan).- The fishing town is taken under Thayan control by Ayin Mesmer, Red Archimage. During this period gets revitalized and becomes an important portly town.

41 AR (Wharftown - Thayvyan).- Bloodbath of Wharftown.
The "Wharftown Liberation Movement", led by Herial Ghalen, Magil Mahr, and Kathele Se'Lhane, gets a bloodthirsty success assassinating the archmage Ayin and almost every male defender from the town. After the carnage, where the defenders fought fiercely the Thayvyan were gone. Since that battle the guard has been female ever since.

41 AR (Wharftown - Thayvyan).- After the bloodbath and the end of the Thayvyan age in Wharftown, Jheramaine Naethandreil becomes mayoress.

42 AR (Wharftown – Church of Bane).- A treaty of neutrality and mutual military aid is signed between Wharftown and the Temple of Ban by the mayor Jheramaine Naethandreil and the Dreadmaster Gorgath Deathcrush.

~40’s AR (Wharftown).- Lucard Cousland is elected as mayor, and Chess Mae'ryn is designated as the Waymen Commander.

50AR (Wharftown – Cordor).- A war is declared between Cordor and Wharftown.

~50 AR (Wharftown).- The paladin Zamiel Rythos rules Wharftown as mayor.

~50’s AR (Wharftown – Church of Bane).- Banite Agee in Wharftown.
The Cyricist Caster The Clown campaigned in public for mayorship against Zamiel after the term for new elections was up and won supported by the Banites, Abyssals and Velsharrans, revocationing the exile of all the criminals from these factions.

~50’s AR (Wharftown – Myon – Bendir – Light Keep – Brogendenstein).- As result of Caster's mayorship, Myon, Bendir, Lightkeep, and Brogdestein declared war on wharftown. Caster then stepped down from mayorship as a Banite mayor was elected with peace treaty terms with Myon, leaving Wharftown as a vassal under Myon. Sometime later, the Church of Bane was able to break the vassalage.

69 AR (Wharftown – Arcane Tower – Fiendish - Abyssals).- The Wharftown Clash.
During the mayorship of Valorie Slades, took place one of the largest battles in the history of Wharftown : Fiendish followers, in charge of the Arcane Tower tried to conquer Wharftown, but as the Archmage and tiefling Houndgot captured by Sando Saikoro of the Sea Leopard, a second wave came against the town. The Abyssal Fortress forces came then against the Fiendish forces, granting a successful defense and slaying a great number of infernalists.

~70’s AR (Geography).- The Sailing explorations discover new routes and isles in the Archipelago.

71 AR (Wharftown – Myon – Church of Bane - Cordor).- A battle between Myon and Wharftown forces succeed and starts the War between Wharftown (under Banite control) and Cordor.

From 80 AR till persent: Modern Age
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:01 am, edited 35 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Faye

Re: Wharftown TIMELINE

Post by Faye » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:32 pm

90(?) - Present day

Amana reigns as Mayor.
During her possession, the role is passed over to Croft Stafford (via a vote, I think). Reo is assigned as second in command.
After her possession, Amana becomes Mayor again. Yay!

The Waymen enjoy a host of leaders, including Robert Brimstead (I think!), Stath Stoutheart, and most recently, Josh Khan.
Maphias wrote:I've spent‏ like‏ over 200K on women's clothing from various stores around Arelith over the years‏

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Faye wrote:90(?) - Present day

Amana reigns as Mayor.
During her possession, the role is passed over to Croft Stafford (via a vote, I think). Reo is assigned as second in command.
After her possession, Amana becomes Mayor again. Yay!

The Waymen enjoy a host of leaders, including Robert Brimstead (I think!), Stath Stoutheart, and most recently, Josh Khan.
The sucesion to Croft was an inner election among the Waymen, who decided who should take the charge untill the return of Amana...yes... but this was before she got possessed yet... hmmm, she took a break after the very exhaustive events (Army of Light, Zhentarim) and she getting kidnaped... and her heart...hmmm... stolen.

Also yes... Robert Brimstead was Admiral when I joined Arelith (at 97? 98?) and he was a candidate for mayor then, with Amana... won Amana...

Reo was not the second in command... Reo joined the Waymen when Amana became possesed, during her retreat... then Reo wanted to rule Wharftown to avoid the settlement falling in bad hands...

Then the happy return of Amana, healed of any curse...and back to rule as the Waymen were taking care to keep her seat as mayor free.

Anway... most of this, while could stay in a Wharftown timeline, won't get added in the Arelith Chronology, while there we intend to keep the big events and success... All the related before would have one or two phrases...
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:22 pm

Banites held Wharftown until ~93. It then passed briefly to Maskarrans, then fell under Sencliff/Khayal's control before being peaceably transferred to Amana in... 95? I think?
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:41 pm

To update too:

98 AR. Khayal Khamsin(mayor of Wharftown), Gil'thilak (mayor of GUldorand) and Elora (mayor of Bendir) suscribes the Dominion (a pact of colaboration that didn't got alive more than a year)

Thank you

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Elora was not mayor of Bendir. Elora was a whole other person. Elanor Shortwick ran Bendir.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:27 pm

P Three wrote:Elora was not mayor of Bendir. Elora was a whole other person. Elanor Shortwick ran Bendir.
Yes, fixed, ty

Thank you

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:42 am

Somewhere between 50 AR and 70 AR wharftown was controlled by a paladin who's name escapes me, The Cyricist Caster The Clown campaigned in public for mayorship against this paladin after the term for new elections was up. No one on isle took caster's campaign seriously. Whilst he campaigned in secret to the Banites, Abyssals and Velsharrans. Caster won the election unexiled all the criminals from these factions, then Myon, Bendir, Lightkeep, and Brogdestein declared war on wharftown. Caster then stepped down from mayorship Banite mayor was elected with peace treaty terms with Myon, leaving wharftown under vassalage under Myon. Some point in time Church of Bane then was able to break the vassalage. beyond that details are fuzzy for me.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:46 am

CragOneEye wrote:Somewhere between 50 AR and 70 AR wharftown was controlled by a paladin who's name escapes me, The Cyricist Caster The Clown campaigned in public for mayorship against this paladin after the term for new elections was up. No one on isle took caster's campaign seriously. Whilst he campaigned in secret to the Banites, Abyssals and Velsharrans. Caster won the election unexiled all the criminals from these factions, then Myon, Bendir, Lightkeep, and Brogdestein declared war on wharftown. Caster then stepped down from mayorship Banite mayor was elected with peace treaty terms with Myon, leaving wharftown under vassalage under Myon. Some point in time Church of Bane then was able to break the vassalage. beyond that details are fuzzy for me.
~50 AR,1st [POL] A paladin rules Wharftown as mayor (Can someone recall the name?)

~50 AR. 2nd [POL] The Cyricist Caster The Clown campaigned in public for mayorship against this paladin after the term for new elections was up. While none took his campaign seriously, he won, secretly supported by the Banites, Abyssals and Velsharrans. As he won the election, unexiled all the criminals from these factions.

~50 AR, 3rd [POL] As result of Caster's mayorship, Myon, Bendir, Lightkeep, and Brogdestein declared war on wharftown. Caster then stepped down from mayorship Banite mayor was elected with peace treaty terms with Myon, leaving wharftown under vassalage under Myon. Some point in time Church of Bane then was able to break the vassalage.

Updated with this...

Thank you

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:29 am

I cannot remember the date, but during around 86-87, Kearney MacLeoud was the mayor of Wharftown. It was Banite-held before this, but Kearney was secretly a Banite heretic, and opened the port up to everyone after revealing this (Banites were run out of town). The commander of the Waymen was Grayven (Gravy) Wolff. After that, the Banites took over again (Kearney was there for about two years).

Robert became the admiral of the Wharftown Navy in 96 AR, under Khayal's command. There was also a Wharftown Militia lead by Harran Tarsakhson. If you were a no-good degenerate, you joined the militia. If you actually had a moral compass, you joined the navy.
The Man of the Moon wrote: 35 AR [POL] Kâ'thea Anêph, who was the mayoress of Wharftown when (and Apprentice to Lady Quimelya of the Abyss) resigns as mayoress to become the Lady of the Abysal Fortress, suceeding to Lordaryn.

42 AR. [POL] A treaty of neutrality and mutual military aid is signed between Wharftown and the Temple of Bane by the mayor Jheramaine Naethandreil and the Dreadmaster Gorgath Deathcrush.
I am fairly confident these are around the other way, and subsequent (though I am not 100% on the dates). Kâ'thea Anêph won the election in Wharftown (the voting system had just been introduced) and took over from Jheramaine. Before Jheramaine was Cole Arniman. I think Hort Choobi was the commander of the Waymen at this point. I believe J-Dawg was mayor in 30-32.

After the Bloodbath, the Waymen were commanded by Chess Mae'ryn (?) and the mayor was, I think, Lucard Cousland.
When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:50 am

And Colav (Not Cole!) was there for like ever. He was there for a good long time while Ania lived there.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:30 am

Thanks a lot, Red Ganot and P Three for your notes.

Updated.

Thank you

RED GANOT
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by RED GANOT » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Agh, I wasn't clear! Now it's all crazy. Let me fix it for you (J-dawg is just slang for Jheramaine).
The order was this:

Colav Arniman.
Jheramaine Naethandreil.
Kâ'thea Anêph.
Thayvians.
Blood Bath.
Cousland.

ALSO. Garin Rift was the standing mayor for one year before Khayal began his stupid fabulous pirate reign. However, it was just a front, since Khayal controlled the town anyway. That was in 95.

FIXED (PORTION OF THE) MAYOR TIMELINE

26 (?) AR - Colav Arniman appointed as mayor of Wharftown. Hort Choobi led the Waymen.

30 - 32 AR (?) - Jheramaine Naethandreil, Wharftown mayoress.

33 - 35 AR (?) AR.- Kâ'thea Anêph. by short time mayoress of Wharftown untill she resigned to rule the Abyssal Fortress.

37 (?) - 40 AR - Ayin Mesmer started a Thayan age as Whartownian mayor.

41 AR.- Lucard Cousland is elected as mayor, and Chess Mae'ryn (?) command the Waymen.

FIXED (PORTION OF THE) TIMELINE

30 AR. [POL] A treaty of neutrality and mutual military aid is signed between Wharftown and the Temple of Bane by the mayor Jheramaine Naethandreil and the Dreadmaster Gorgath Deathcrush.

35 AR [POL] Kâ'thea Anêph, who was the mayoress of Wharftown when (and Apprentice to Lady Quimelya of the Abyss) resigns as mayoress to become the Lady of the Abysal Fortress, suceeding to Lordaryn.

35 AR [POL] Skeflock, Tyrant of Urblexis Grond sent an army against Wharftown. But Biad, Bendir's Captain and Leader on the Dale, afraid that Bendir could follow in the plans of conquest, led an army to counter the svirneflin forces. Skeflock brought a dracolich to smash the hin files, but Biad had a strong ally that descended from the skies, countering the dracolich: a prismatic dragon. While the dracolich was unable to defeat the Bendir's protector, the Svirneflin decided to retreat back to Urblexis Grond. 

36 - 42 AR [POL] Bane church coupes: - Tizla becomes Dreadmistress of Stonehold. 
She takes over on Stonehold supported by her Talassians, then the temple was moved to Minmir under her rule.

38 AR [PHE] Spread of Lycanthropy from the Forest of Despair (Malarite activities behind?)

40 AR [POL] (Thayvian Wharftown) The fishing town is taken under Thayan control by Ayin Mesmer, Red Archimage. During this period get's revitalized and become an important portuary town.

41 AR [POL] Bloodbath of Wharftown. The "Wharftown Liberation Movement", led by Herial Ghalen, Magil Mahr, and Kathele Se'Lhane, gets a bloodthirsty sucess assasinating the archimage Ayin and almost every male defender from the town. After the carnage, where the defenders fought firce the Thayvyan were gone. Since that battle the guard has been female ever since.

41 AR [POL] After the bloodbath, Lucard Cousland is elected as mayor, and Chess Mae'ryn (?) command the Waymen.
When my brood and I soar on wings of fire, and wreak our scourge over Caer Callidyrr; your kith will fall and your kin will too- then what will all of Moonshae do?

Archon

Post by Archon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:57 pm

~93 AR [POL] End of the Banite domain on Wharftown Banites held Wharftown until ~93. Then passed briefly to Maskarrans.

~95 AR [POL] Power fell under Sencliff/Khayal's control
When Maskarrans won the elections, Sencliff was an active militia for a year before Khayal took over from the previous mayor (Garin Rift).

Maskarrans never 'left' in a sense, as Khayal was one of them. That can be said now when the character is gone and rolled.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Lucard... :arrow: Dracul ... :lol:

Ok, updated! Thank you to both, awesome mates!

Thank you

DirtyDeity

Post by DirtyDeity » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:36 pm

Couple of small corrections.

1: It's 'Josh Khan', the current Wharftown Admiral.

2: At no point was Balthur the admiral of the Waymen. Stath Stoutheart was appointed in Balthias' stead.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:50 pm

DirtyDeity wrote:Couple of small corrections.

1: It's 'Josh Khan', the current Wharftown Admiral.

2: At no point was Balthur the admiral of the Waymen. Stath Stoutheart was appointed in Balthias' stead.
Thx for corrections. Updated.
(Anyway, be aware that I'll have to revise every entry, to synthetyze as much as posible, keeping the very essence of every data and to correct the many typos)

Thank you

one day remains

Post by one day remains » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:09 am

69 AR [POL] The Wharftown Clash. Who was the mayor (a banite)?

The Mayor at this time was Valorie Slades

~89 AR ? [POL]The Banites recover the control on Wharftown. Who the Mayor?

Firstly "Alexander", then control went to Ramirez Macleoud.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:37 am

one day remains wrote:69 AR [POL] The Wharftown Clash. Who was the mayor (a banite)?

The Mayor at this time was Valorie Slades

~89 AR ? [POL]The Banites recover the control on Wharftown. Who the Mayor?

Firstly "Alexander", then control went to Ramirez Macleoud.
Updated, thank you!

Thank you

one day remains

Post by one day remains » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Also small fix that has no real bearing. The Dreadmistress who controlled stonehold was Tzila. Not Tizla.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:05 pm

one day remains wrote:Also small fix that has no real bearing. The Dreadmistress who controlled stonehold was Tzila. Not Tizla.
Thank you, fixing that.

Thank you

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:16 am

Zamie was the mayor before Caster.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:17 pm

CragOneEye wrote:Zamie was the mayor before Caster.
Thank you bro, updated

Thank you

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Whoops Zameil now Zamie

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:15 pm

CragOneEye wrote:Whoops Zameil now Zamie
;) We are talking about the paladin that was in charge before Caster, right?

btw... Zameil or Zamiel?

Zamiel sounds an angelic name... you know... in the same line as Samiel, Gabriel, Mikael, Taumiel, etc. Just making sure.

Thank you