Minmir / Myon TIMELINE

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Minmir / Myon TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:26 pm

Elven realm of Minmir and Myon timelines

In an unknown date before the Arelith Reckoning (Arelith Forest - Myon).- Myon is founded in the heart of the Arelith Forest.
The date gets lost in the memory of the times. Four High Mages, whose names are lost to us and who were part of the founding expedition, gave their lives to the creation of the Mythal. Its sentience is all that remains of the spirit of the Center of the four, and are those High Mages who yet wards Myon to this day.

~20th BR [POL] Foundation of the Elven Realm of Minmir, in the northern lands of Arelith.

~20 to 10th BR (Minmir) Fall of the Minmir Elven Realm, betrayed by Mandfred, the tainted Earl of the Minmir State, tributary to Kohlingen, who was playing a plot guise as an elven ally. The elves migrate to the Arelith Forest.

~23 BR (Arelith Forest – Myon).- Myon settlement. Vestool Moonarrow led the remnants elves of the tainted Minmir and became the First Coranal of Myon, holding the Silver Chalice, a relic of Myon.

~19+ AR (Myon).- Forlindel succeed to Vestool as the Second Coranal of Myon.

~28 AR (Myon – Brogendenstein) Brogendenstein declare the war to Myon because a trivial diplomatical incident. The war will last half a year, without any blood spilt.

~20th AR (Myon).- Wren Gelfalter and Trintiren (her consort) succeed as the Elven Sovereigns of Myon to Forlindel, who will remain as a member of the Council for some more time, contesting the power and influence of Wren and Trintiren.

~30th AR (Minmir – Northern Arelith Forest border).- The Gnoll tribes strike the elves. The Bridge on the Minmir Lake gets destroyed, staying ruined for about a couple years.

~30th AR (Myon).- Foundation of the Myon Scouts by Daedin Angthalion (former councilor). Lye Astaldera, the Elven Burial Grounds, becomes their base of operations outside the city.

~35 AR (Myon).- Restructuration of the Myon Army Corp known as The Vela'lateu "The blades of the Crescent Moon".

~38 AR (Myon).- Xanatos' is exiled from Myon after a try to murder Daedin Angthalion. Daedin replaced him then as Commander of the Vela'lateu.

~40 AR (Old Stonehold).- The elven Commander Daedin Angthalion dies fighting the drow, alongside with Airk Dar'danowin, near the Stonehold Ruins.

~40 AR (Minmir – Myon – Benwick – Church of Bane).- The Myon forces join a combined army with Benwick to attack the Church of Bane in Minmir. The Alliance of Elves and Knights will suffer a defeat there, with high casualties.

~40 to 50th AR (Arelith Forest).- Elven rangers open new paths into the eastern forest (Shadow Wood).

~60 AR (Myon).- Mae'lee is apointed as Steward of Myon.

62 AR (Old Stonehold - Minmir).- The Stained Paw Gnoll Tribe migrated from their temporary camp in the ruins of Old Stonehold to Minmir.

71 AR (Myon – Wharftown).- A battle between Myon and Wharftown forces succeed and starts the War between Wharftown (under Banite control) and Cordor. Called the First Banite War as the Second Mistican War.

~73 AR (Myon).- Three Regents led Myon after the Coranal Carebril departed back home: Sirin Amalin "Friend of the Forest"; Azurra and Sir Alladon Beryl.

~73 to 76 AR (Myon).- The elven Cav'raj Ameldior is elected as Coranal of Myon.

~76 to 98 AR (Myon).- Ari'anna Corbael was elected as Coranal of Myon, reigning untill 98 AR.
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:11 am, edited 26 times in total.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Minmir / Myon TIMELINE

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:48 pm

IndifferentPerson wrote:Trintiren should be mentioned in some way.
many characters should be mentioned, and this is why this thread popped :P

If you can report any event or imput with dates and names, please, do it. Even if was an approach that we could later polish.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:33 pm

Alright, I have no idea about precise dates of when exactly these things happened, but this is more or less how it went, or how I remember it:

Leaders of Myon:

-Vestool Moonarrow was the first, and handed over the Silver Chalice of Myon, and thus rulership of the settlement, to Forlindel. This was before I started playing, so I do not know the intricacies of such politics. Nor how long was Vestool's reign.

-Then, and I don't know how long was Forlindel's leadership either, but I would guess over one real life year, going closer to two, Forlindel gave power over to Wren Gelfalter and Trintiren (recently married).

-I do not recal who took over after Wren and Trin, but between the two, the Elraiendels must've led Myon for a good three years, nearly four (RL). During that period, when either or both of the rullers would go innactive, there were other characters who led Myon in their stead, like Airk Dardarwin(sp?).
*The Inara that someone mentioned on another post was also,even if briefly, in a proeminent position within the city, if I recall correctly.

*Also the Elraindel children were active as leaders, specialy Esta'rithrilla.

-Then Mae'lee as Steward. Maybe in Esta's place.

- I know that Carebril was King as well, though I can not recall where does he fit in,exactly between all the others. After him, came queen Ari'anna.

Miscelaneous:

*The Myon of Forlindel's reign was also active in the wars against the Banites and Lothar, though I do not think they did all that well,and that might be a reason why they are not mentioned much.

*When Wren and Trin became rulers, I am very sure Forlindel remained in a high ranking position as Councilor. Though it soon became evident that he missed being at the very top, which led to one of the longest and deepest causes for intrigue and conflict within Myon itself at the time, as the Elraindel's and Forlindel constantly plotted against each other.

*It was also on the very day that the Elraindel's became official rulers of Myon that my character, Daedin Angthalion, officialy joined Myon. (Before that, and for a long time without even being aware, he had been working for a spy guild based in Cordor, that actualy answered ultimatly to Forlindel. Blood Ravens was the name of the guild, I think. The guy who ran it for Forlindel, was an elf with a name that started by K and was a big deal back then..but I forget the name.)
For a while, Daedin just kept working as a spy and scout of sorts of his own initiative, bringing back constant reports and news from throughout the island to the Royals. His devotion and hardwork eventualy granted him a position of Councilor as well...though I dont recall anyone else but him being one back then. I think Forlindel was one still, but barely went to Myon proper then.

*He later became a Captain of Myon's forces, and again of his own accord, Daedin created a small faction within Myon, simply called The Myon Scouts. Their number one task was the protection of Myon and its interests, the Forest being the number one priority. Daedin having a reasonable spy network of his own to back up the actions of the Scouts, the unit quickly became a useful asset of the elven city, having been openly involved in many conflicts (specialy with the Underdark), and discretly medling in a varied number of other events (so much so, it has all become a blurry mess of memories).

*Most active and permanent members of the Scouts: Daedin, Liunia Lilith, Naethandriel, Airk Dardar'win, Amand Imythisend, Ai, Ele'le,Syrian, Avaril and Ania.

*Some time after, Myon's Military suffered (yet another) overhaul, and its army became known as the Vela'lateu (don't ask me what it means), and Daedin's Scouts and Spy network became one single thing, the Vel'shil (Something Shadow). After Daedin's death, it was Airk who took over.

--------------

Right..this is a bit of a messy dump of information, but it's the stuff that was at the top of my head and of easy reach. If someone else is capable of giving better details date-wise, please do. Also, I am aware that much of what I described from my own character might be unnecessary and without relevance, but it was through him that I experienced Myon, so these things frame the whole settlement's history for me.

Hope it helps some!

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:40 am

Vela'lateu is "The blades of the Crescent moon", and were in force when Ania joined, sometime around...2008, I think? Whatever that would have meant IG.

Vel'shil was "Blades of Shadow". They were the sneaker forces. The Ah'velahrn'shil led them, and reported to the commander of the Vela'lateu.

Carebril I think was king right after Trin'tiren and Wren left, before the children were grown and played.
Airk took over for a bit before Carebril, though I know nothing after Carebril until Ari'anna.

Daedin - I think the guy that ran the Blood Ravens was Kraven. He was sneaky sneaky.

At some point in...2009, I think? We all banded together and attacked the Banite Temple. Ania died in like four seconds, but there were a tooooon of players there. I distinctly remember light keep being there, because Len'eyr and Erik Silverarms were there. It did not end well for Myon.
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:28 am

Updated with your data...

I placed above the secuence of the leaders on Myon... if I mistook anything or missed any, let me know... If anyone could know when (dates) any of them became King or Queen...let us know FTW of Myon!

Cheers

Thank you

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:12 am

Now that I am seeing the new stuff within the timeline, stuff is making more sense to me and bringing back memories. I am going to try and do some digging on those dates, and maybe harass some people who might know more.

Also, yes, Pthree! Kraven! Damn, the name alone brings back a lot of memories. I can still see the character in my head.

P Three
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by P Three » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:15 am

Kraven and his hellbent stalking of Ania. XD
"Fail your Death Attack? Boomstick. Immune to sneak attacks? Boomstick. Gnome? Boomstick." ~ Baron Saturday

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:39 am

You're missing some more minmir parts like when Minmir bridge was rebuilt, when temple of bane was moved to Minmir, before the emple even moved to minmir there was the construction of second stonehold where the Banites mined from minmir caves for stone. As for dates I couldn't tell you.
"Knowing is half the battle!" -G.I.JOE!!!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:32 am

CragOneEye wrote:You're missing some more minmir parts like when Minmir bridge was rebuilt, when temple of bane was moved to Minmir, before the emple even moved to minmir there was the construction of second stonehold where the Banites mined from minmir caves for stone. As for dates I couldn't tell you.
Guessed the date of the mining of Minmir caves stone to built the Second Stonehold...

But I cannot guess the other events sadly... so we need someone to date (with any approaching) the following:

- Minmir bridge rebuild.

- Banite Temple moving to Minmir caves.

Thank you

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:13 pm

I was fairly certain that there was a Duchy of Minmir, and Myon was not around at the START of Arelith, but was later implemented?
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:47 pm

The Man of the Moon wrote:
CragOneEye wrote:You're missing some more minmir parts like when Minmir bridge was rebuilt, when temple of bane was moved to Minmir, before the emple even moved to minmir there was the construction of second stonehold where the Banites mined from minmir caves for stone. As for dates I couldn't tell you.
Guessed the date of the mining of Minmir caves stone to built the Second Stonehold...

But I cannot guess the other events sadly... so we need someone to date (with any approaching) the following:

- Minmir bridge rebuild.

- Banite Temple moving to Minmir caves.
I know it was during tizla's reign as dread mistress that temple was moved.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:42 am

Seven Sons of Sin wrote:I was fairly certain that there was a Duchy of Minmir, and Myon was not around at the START of Arelith, but was later implemented?
While Myon was not at start, in historic meanings it was.

The elven stated Myon was made first, but that was not known by the first elven settlers, who made their home at Minmir... Then, later, explrations found that Myon was in the Arelith forest...

At least, what is currently told in an IG book about the history of Minmir and Myon.

Thank you

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:48 am

The Man of the Moon wrote:36 - 42 AR [POL] Bane church coupes:
- Tizla becomes Dreadmistress of Stonehold.
She takes over on Stonehold supported by her Talassians, then the temple was moved to Minmir under her rule.
Amendment for both here and the general draft, she lost SH to the Talassians, while leading the Banites.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:50 am

added!

Thank you

CragOneEye

Post by CragOneEye » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:51 am

ie the Talassians kicked her out of SH :P and she had to move the temple to Minmir, and is why Banites hate the Talassians as of current.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:07 am

CragOneEye wrote:ie the Talassians kicked her out of SH :P and she had to move the temple to Minmir, and is why Banites hate the Talassians as of current.
this is an important fact to keep in the chronology

Thank you

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Alright, I copy pasted the time line into this post, so that I could easily introduce changes. I have bolded the things I added, along with the aproximate dates (judging mostly by the Encylopedia's entries), and I underlined a couple of things that I am fairly certain are not quite right, date-wise.

Again, hope it helps.

Oh, also! I added one entry about Kohlingen..since it was in Minmir?

Another edit: Also just re-arranged the order of that small list of the Leaders of Myon, so it makes more sense as to who followed who.

------------------------------
Leaders of Myon:

23 BR Vestool Moonarrow
Forlindel
Wren Gelfalter and Trintiren
Airk Dardarwin
The Elraiendels (Princess Esta'rithrilla and ?)
~60 AR Mae'lee as Steward
Carebril (king)
Ari'anna Corbael (Queen)
~79 AR The Regents: Sirin Amalin "Firend of the Forest"; Azurra and Sir Alladon Beryl.

... ?
98 AR (?) Mithrim Ossear

? BR [POL] Myon is founded in the heart of Arelith's forests.
The date gets lost in the memory of the times. Four High Mages, whose names are lost to us, were part of the founding expedition, they gave their lives to the creation of the Mythal. Its sentience is all that remains of the spirit of the Center of the four, and are those High Mages who yet wards myon to this day.

? BR [POL] Foundation of Minmir, in the northern lands of Arelith.

? BR [POL] Fall of Minmir, betrayed by Mandfred, the tainted Earl who was playing a plot guise as an elven ally. The elves migrate to the Arelith Forest.

23 BR [POL] Myon settlement. Vestool Moonarrow lead the remnants elves of the tainted Minmir and become the First Coranal of Myon, holds the Silver Chalice, a relic of Myon.

-Ask Liunia (Wordless Truth), she likely knows more!

Kohlingen The Triadic state was its peak between 5 Before Reckoning (BR) and 2 Arelith Reckoning (AR). The Triadic state of Kohlingen existed for what we theorize to be a decade. Simultaneously, Galahad the Builder had already built Light Keep, transforming the simple Benwickian castle into the now-called epitome of Light, Light Keep. Kohlingen, however, still dwarfed it in size.Most of the goodly folk left with Duke Tristam in his departure north around, an estimation between 20-10 BR.
Unfortunately, we know Kohlingen ended around 2-3 AR.

18 AR [POL] Foundation of the Second Stonehold in the mount "Valtheran". Eastern peak at the howling pass in the Skull Crags, with stone extracted from the Minmir caves.

~19+ AR [POL] Forlindel suceed to Vestool as the Second Coranal of Myon (the date is guessed by the coincidence with Lothar domain in Stonehold)

28 AR [POL] Brogendenstein declare the war to Myon. After an incident caused by the arrogance of an elf in Brogendenstein. The war lasted half a year, without any blood spilt. If this is the incident with Inara Serra, I am fairly the date is wrong. In my head, I remember her being around only after Daedin was dead, and in a time of power void, as the elraindels were absent.If someone could confirm this, it would be neat.

3? AR [POL] The Gnolls tribes strikes the elves. The Bridge gets destroyed and rebuild several times. Ghosts in little shack there.

When I joined the server, and soon after, Myon, the Minmir Bridge was already destroyed (certainly by the time Wren and Trin became King and Queen. And it stayed destroyed for at least a couple of years.

2? - 25 AR [POL] Wren Gelfalter and Trintiren (her consort) acceed to the top power position in Myon, suceeding to Forlindel, who will remain as a member of the Council for some more time, contesting the power and influence of Wren and Trintiren.

~30+ AR [POL] Founding of the Myon Scouts by Daedin Angthalion (former councilor). Lye Astaldera, the Elven Burial Grounds, becomes their base of operations outside the city.

~35+ AR [POL] Restructuring of the Myon Military,The Vela'lateu "The blades of the Crescent moon", divided into three sub divisions: Vel'shil "Blades of Shadow" (mainly the former Myon Scouts), and two other units that I can not recall, but one was a more straightforward warrior force, and the other was lead by one of the Black Archers,Aedriath. Might've been a strictly archer/Black archer unit.
Xanatos was the first Commander of the whole,united army.

~38+ AR [POL]Xanatos is banned from Myon after trying to murder Daedin Angthalion. Daedin replaces him as Commander of the Vela'lateu.

~40+ AR [POL] Daedin Angthalion dies fighting the drow,alongside Airk Dardarwin, near the Stonehold Ruins.

36 - 42 AR [POL] Bane church coupes: - Tizla becomes Dreadmistress of Stonehold.
She takes over on Stonehold supported by her Talassians, then the temple was moved to Minmir under her rule.

4? AR [GEO] The Arelith Forest is better explored by a Cordorian expedition.

41 - 50 (?) AR [POL] The Myon forces join a combinated attack against Stonehold. Erik Silverarms was leading the Benwick forces then. Myon suffered some casualties.

~60 AR Mae'lee is apointed Steward of Myon.

62 AR [POL] The Stained Paw Gnolls have moved from their temporary camp in the ruins of Stonehold to Minmir.

71 AR [POL] A battle between Myon and Wharftown forces succeed and starts the War between Wharftown (under Banite control) and Cordor. Called the First Banite War as the Second Mistican War.

~79 AR Three Regents led Myon after the King Carebril departed back home: Sirin Amalin "Firend of the Forest"; Azurra and Sir Alladon Beryl.

85/86 AR [GEO] Discovered new paths and routes in Minmir, Dark Spires, Swamps.
Last edited by Daedin on Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:15 pm

heartbreak :)

I used to have a book about everything. -everything-, because my character was there for everything and met everyone from Vestool onwards and basically led Myon in Forlindel's stead for more than a RL year, and had her on the council for even longer with weekly council meetings. I don't really want to force my character into this list, but it's really rather painful, sorry, to have so much effort go by unnoticed.

I know there are other characters that were very important in between the mentioned names, too.

Sadly my character gave the book to someone IC, for them to read and return it. Said character has never logged in again, afterwards, to my knowledge.

Daedin

Post by Daedin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:25 pm

Damn it, I am missing something ain't I?

I was meaning to pm you, btw, Wordlest Truth! If there is someone around who knows stuff from way back in Myon, it is you!

-Edit-

Nonononono. I am very aware of Liunia's relevance. Problem is, even when playing Daedin, there was a whole LOT he did not know about her. Because someone was very mysterious and shady.

And yes, you are the perfect person to fill in a lot of the gaps. Crap, I can barely remember most of the stuff I, myself, was involved in.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:43 pm

Allright, updated the draft.

Waiting for more elven words ^^

Thank you

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:01 am

Daedin wrote:
-Edit-

Nonononono. I am very aware of Liunia's relevance. Problem is, even when playing Daedin, there was a whole LOT he did not know about her. Because someone was very mysterious and shady.
Did anyone Elraiendel-era onward known anything about Liunia Lillith? Like really?

the histories :(
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Wordless Truth wrote:heartbreak :)

I used to have a book about everything. -everything-, because my character was there for everything and met everyone from Vestool onwards and basically led Myon in Forlindel's stead for more than a RL year, and had her on the council for even longer with weekly council meetings. I don't really want to force my character into this list, but it's really rather painful, sorry, to have so much effort go by unnoticed.

I know there are other characters that were very important in between the mentioned names, too.

Sadly my character gave the book to someone IC, for them to read and return it. Said character has never logged in again, afterwards, to my knowledge.
If you know who the character is, and it's still in their inventory, I can retrieve it.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:17 pm

You can do that? :) I'll try to find out the name, it's been a while since. Will get back to you!

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Mithreas wrote:
Wordless Truth wrote:heartbreak :)

If you know who the character is, and it's still in their inventory, I can retrieve it.
And if the author authorized... could be awesome get the book added IG...

Thank you