Stepping back

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Stepping back

Post by Liareth » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:15 pm

As some of you may know, and others may have surmised, I have been busy in recent months. Between my obligations at work and other personal commitments, it has been difficult for me to spare the server much time at all, and not nearly as much time as it deserves.

I am passionate about programming. I love making games. This server provides me with a means to do both while sharing my work with others. Nothing makes me happier than watching players enjoy something which I helped to create.

This passion is what drew me to the server in the first place.

As part of my role on the team, I spend the bulk of my time handling tasks such as reading and responding to forum posts or private messages, debating policy changes in public and in private, handling player requests and other things less pleasant, and plotting the course of the server in general with the rest of the team.

These things I am not so passionate about.

I have decided that I am better suited for a role where I can focus more directly on the things I enjoy the most. Therefore, I will be resigning from my position as server administrator. I will be taking some time to myself, and I hope to return soon in a less administrative capacity with my passion for the server reignited.

I have no doubt that Arelith will continue to thrive under Irongon's leadership.