Important! - Change in Guildhouse/Quarter Ownership Policy

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Important! - Change in Guildhouse/Quarter Ownership Policy

Post by Irongron » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:51 pm

With a 14 day advance warning the official policy for ownership of guildhouses and quarters is changing for our server.

The OLD policy (Being discontinued)

A PLAYER can own 1 guildhouse AND 1 quarter.

The NEW policy.

A PLAYER can own 1 guildhouse OR 1 quarter.

The only exception to this is that a guidhouse owner is permitted to own own a quarter that is INSIDE their guildhouse.

Over the next weeks I shall be making improvements to certain guildhouses, generally to ensure that each has at least 1 sizeable quarter within.

I will also be adjusting guildhouses so that the price is significantly increased, but that base rent on interior quarters is PAID DIRECTLY TO THE OWNER. In some cases this will mean that certain guildhouses will actually generate a profit to the owner if all quarters inside are occupied.

I hope this is all clear. No more owning empty guildhouses (including ships) plus a house elsewhere.

EDIT: Also, slaves will only be permitted to own slave-specific quarters, in all other cases it will be up to their owners to house them.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Important! - Change in Guildhouse/Quarter Ownership Poli

Post by Liareth » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:30 am

Bumping this to remind players of the policy!

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Important! - Change in Guildhouse/Quarter Ownership Policy

Post by LittleWeasel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:47 am

Bumping this to do a yearly reminder of this rule. We will go through the module over the next week and speak to those in violation of this rule, and make sure excess is released and put up for sale.

Note: For clarification - it has always been 1 housing per Player, not per character and has always been enforced in that way. There was a typo here and in the wiki, though the Be Nice Rule summary has always been correct.
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*