Sabbatical

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Sabbatical

Post by Mithreas » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:22 am

It's time for me to take a break.

I've been shouldering much of the burden of running this place for a good five years now. The last year has seen me move across the world, take up a much more demanding (and more rewarding) job role, and spend more than twenty nights on aircraft flying around the world or commuting between continents. I've had very little time to have fun on the game, and spent far more of my limited free time than I really want to think about doing various dull but essential admin tasks - database work, troubleshooting, DM team administration, investigating various hacks and attacks on the server.

I'm tired, and I need a break.

With a fresh DM team in post, and Daniel (irongron) and his team well up and running, now is as good a time as any for me to step away for a bit. I'm not gone, but I'll only be getting involved with truly important things or helping out Daniel behind the scenes. Hopefully in a few months I'll have more energy and motivation, and be ready to donate more of my time and attention to this place.

I don't plan to check the forums at all while I'm gone - so I won't be checking PMs. Skype messages and emails on Arelith subjects will probably be ignored, so don't be surprised if you don't get a reply. I simply don't have any energy left to give right now.

Have a good time, enjoy yourselves and be good.

-Mith
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.