Arelith Marketing - flyers and website

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Arelith Marketing - flyers and website

Post by Mithreas » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:42 am

We now have some awesome, professional, flyers (courtesy of Artos, who does this for a living!) that we can print off and distribute at local game stores to recruit more players. Feel free to spread them far and wide...

While we do this, however, we'd also like to give the website an overhaul. The problem is, that I don't have enough time to devote to it to do a proper job. So we're looking for volunteers from the community with web design skills, and we'll pick one to spearhead the effort. Applications via PM to me, please!
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Dunshine
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Arelith Marketing - flyers and website

Post by Dunshine » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:37 pm

As a fresh admin, you have to set a good example.

Printed 60 of these great flyers today, which will be distributed in the, by Dutch standards, "big" city of Utrechts 4 gamestores.

I encourage everyone to do the same in their local gamestores, so we can soon breach that 100 players online limit!

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Arelith Marketing - flyers and website

Post by Irongron » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:21 pm

I can't recommend doing this enough to our players.

We have a network of players around the world, and simply by spreading the flyers to RP shops and RP groups we could not only increase the numbers on the server, but potentially max them out.

The mathematics really do speak for themselves, as by doing this we're reaching 'beyond' the established NWN community.

The effect, I believe, would be highly noticable if we ALL took steps to do this. I love the idea of Arelith being promoted among role-players in areas of the world tradtionally in the 'quiet' zones for Arelith. A more established player-base in places such as Australia and New Zealand would also be a wonderful thing for increasing server traffic throughout the day.

I really do implore all of us to start doing this now. If 2016 can be the year a concrete effort is made to promote the sever to a new generation of players, then we could still be celebrating that fact 10 years from now.

If anyone feels the need to post in the Shanty where they've dropped flyers, we could begin to see this project take off, and be more able to assess its results.