Ranger Overrides

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Ranger Overrides

Post by Mithreas » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:41 am

Guys,

Apologies for the radio silence from me lately. I'm back in globe trotting mode, currently flying to Asia and back each week.

A large number of the issues I've had to deal with recently involve people getting banned by the illegal character checker when creating a new ranger. I believe there is a popular override out there somewhere that gives rangers 6 skill points per level - as they do in 3.5e.

Arelith uses 3e rules (default NWN) where rangers only get 4 skill points. Using the overrides that give you 6 skill points per level is an exploit here, and triggers the auto banner.

The auto banner is necessary, because it's possible via this technique to do things like give yourself epic spells on character creation and then hellball everyone in Cordor. So be warned - if you're using overrides like this, you are going to get banned, and it's going to take a while to unban you until I receive your PM and have time to dig through the logs, talk to you and figure it out. Please don't waste your time or mine (especially mine), and empty your override folder when creating new Arelith characters.

This has been a public service announcement.

Thanks,
-Mithreas
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.