Roleplay is a two way street.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Re: Arelith Updates!

Post by DM Starfish » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:12 am

From Kroatius

Kenku:

• Kenku models will no longer have their quivers showing instead of that they can wear backpack and have wings (if somehow they grow wings)
    Backpack:
  • New option: Small quivers (Kenku's quiver)

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:04 am

From Sincra

Skill Mastery Feat:

• Will now reroll critical failures on Quarter Door Traps once per rest, instead of outright preventing them.
  • Feedback when used has been added.
  • Feat description has been updated to reflect new functionality.

From Twohand

Next Reset:

Lately, NPCs from a Builder's Guild could be seen working in the Earthkin Village of Bendir Dale, and now their job is finished! This update focuses on decorations and quality of life features for the exterior area, but some interiors have also been slightly revamped. The most noteworthy additions are:

• Two cottages and a library. The latter is an infrastructure quarter, which means it performs a settlement function and is not subject to the auction system.

• A source portal in the Hawk'in Barracks.

• At the Hawk's Nest Inn, Defender Toby can now be hired as a henchman.

• A small office in the Burrowhome's Gathering Hall for the Mayor to conduct their business in private.

• Two telescopes to watch the outskirts of the village from afar. You'll need a lasso to use one of them.

• A second temporary store on the road to the Burrowhome.

• And, most importantly, plenty of seating at the village square.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:57 pm

From MalKalz

• The following phrasebooks should be added to the loot matrix and discoverable in-game:

• Kenku
    • Ignan
    • Terran
    • Auran
    • Aquan
  • Enchanted book bags should now appear from the loot matrix (though I will not say the source), which will make them less infrequent in finding.

• Newer gems will be added to the loot matrix drops at appropriate levels when able.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:45 am

From Starfish:

• Sandbanks can now be fished from.
  • The Spelunker can now be fished from in the Underdark and around the seas.
  • Added a debug readout to the -area command when on the deck of a ship. It has been brought to my attention that ocean fishing doesn't change temperatures in the upper and lower three rows. Sending me pictures of the debug readout in these tiles would be very much appreciated.
  • The Scared Little Girl, now known as Lost Child, has been given a visual update and a new description.
  • New overheal vfx.
    The vfx will show one of three colours based on how much overheal is on the target. It will update once per round.
    • Yellowish 0-33%
    • Tealish 34-66%
    • Purplish 67-100%

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:55 pm

From Sincra:

Dweomercraft Patch 1.0.9 [PGCC as of a reset]

Additions

• The following damage immunity may now be added to equippable items at 5% value:
    -- Acid
    -- Cold
    -- Divine
    -- Electrical
    -- Fire
    -- Negative
    -- Positive
    -- Sonic
    -- Poison
    -- Bleeding
    -- Entropy
    -- Psychic

Changes

• Damage Immunity now scales at 2 per 5% for Physical damage.
  • Damage Immunity now scales at 5 per 5% for All other damage types.

Fixes

• Fixed a TMI issue.
  • Fixed a Runic point overflow issue.
  • Fixed an infinite addition glitch.

On live, as of a reset:
Festival Grounds:

• Dark Bazaar is now correctly stated as such, not "Dark Carnival" (No matter how cool that incorrect name is)
  • Timer should now count down not up on the area enter checks.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:57 am

From The Magical Space Papa:

• A new set of battle axe parts
    (Credit to Daniel Manley, the original author)

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:13 am

Live now from Starfish:

• -date will now show the current in game moon phase

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:03 pm

From Aellowyn, as of next reset:

More fashion~

Added Fourteen new dresses by TheBarbarian
&
A new outfit set by Stonehammer (Top accessible as Cloth)

Available in all sizes!

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:43 am

The Noble Houses page on the Arelith wiki has been updated with details of five new noble NPC houses that are a part of Cordor's palace court, joining House Derlson: House Sabel, House Jarlson, House Aermane, House Dundarrow, and House Cremont. Some members of these houses have been showcased IG already. Each house has info to build your background on for your application. Each house also has a SECRET, which will be shared with any whose application is approved. Often this secret is great and dangerous, and being careless with it can have consequences...

Players can apply to play in these houses with a minor reward and application sent to the Community Manager and DM Team. Players may continue to play as distant related members of Forgotten Realms noble houses or make up their own without an application.

More details can be read here: https://wiki.nwnarelith.com/Noble_Houses

Please don't feed my sister.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:01 pm

A large update, featured on our News Feed.

• 5 new underdark areas, with many others expanded or overhauled.

• Over twenty new creatures.

• 4 new writs (quests), including a long requested writ to tackle the Duergar Psion-King of Umbrick's Halls. The badlands writs are available at the Ogre's Fist Trading Post or the Deep Gnome Village in Brogendenstein.

• A new caravan route between the Ogre's Fist and the Shattered Badlands

• Six new resources to the Underdark.

Goreslick Witchet - carnivorous fungi providing meat and magical blood from its victims.
Sussur Branch - Providing both softwood 'Ancient Yew' and Lady's Tear.
Ocufex Stalk - a fungi resembling a deformed eyestalk, providing the crafting resource 'sweetberry'
Grumbar's Beard - A fungi with flax like hairs, providing the crafting resource 'Cotton'
Orbb Agaric - A toxic, brain-like bulb providing various different poison ingredients.
Slickweep - An unloved greasy weed, providing the crafting resources oil and harnak

Dungeon 'Explosives'

In addition to the player crafted explosive barrels, we've introduced dungeon features that will explode if destroyed by fire or electricity.

Powder Barrels, a combustible mixture of bootleg smokepowder and shrapnel
Acid Vats - Found in more magical 'laboratory themed' dungeons, these will cause significant damage when shattered.
Heliumite (Heliumic Crystals) - Naturally occurring crystals filled with super-cooled liquid.

(Be advised it will take me a while to add out the resources and explosive features via the DM client, so expect them to be gradually introduced across areas in the coming days and weeks.)

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:54 pm

An update to Skaljard Village from myself.

• Outdoor bar using the Arelith bar system, buy a key in the longhouse to begin your career serving drinks.
  • Brand new trade guild and apartments above.
  • A foreman NPC will now buy cloth, silk, leather, wood and scrap metal.
  • The Artificers need help with a problem laboratory (new dungeon added - writ will follow in some days)
  • A new temporary shop (sign currently broken on this one, will fix tomorrow)
  • Various small visual upgrades around the village, removing some outdated, poorly resourced textures.
  • - Oh, and shaggier oxen (it's cold out there after all)

This update required I shuffle a couple of the buildings around.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:35 pm

SUMMON ADJUSTMENTS

• Almost all summon balance adjustments introduced since the addition of Runic Sequencers have been reverted. Notable exceptions:
    • Undead creatures remain unchanged, as they only received flavour updates during this time.
    • Summoned Celestials still cannot cast Word of Faith.
    • White Slaadi still do not stun on hit.
    • Dire Animals and Fire Elementals retain the existing chance to receive a temporary 7 AB boost during combat.
    • Balors and Pit Fiends retain their visual updates.

SPELLS AND SUMMONS

• Mass spells such as Mass Haste, Mass Bull's Strength, or Mass Cat's Grace no longer affect summons. Regular AoE spells continue to have an effect.
  • Applying Haste or Mass Haste to a character now results in their summons receiving a 50% speed increase for the spell's duration.

(There is a feedback post on our forums where I have explained the reasoning behind these changes.)

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:41 pm

From The Team

Monk Rework (PGCC ONLY):

NOTE

Due to a communication error, the update initially also affected the live servers. Unfortunately, we need all monks to be force-releveled to address this. We apologise for the inconvenience.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:10 am

Live now:

From Kroatius

• Shaman:
    Predator is now available for Shaman, 4th circles.
  • New Gonne Appearance:
    Crafting a new gonne will give you a new gonne with updated model.

Disclaimer: New Gonnes are textureless for a reset or two, we have already submitted a fix.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:16 am

From Svrtr

Added a 5th damage tier to deafening clang that makes it d12

This bonus is only accessible if cast from a spell book with 28 hard CL and if the war domain is present

This fixes an oversight before in which a cleric or favored soul with a cleric dip and 28 hard CL and the war domain did not upgrade the damage die from a d10

backlands
General Admin
General Admin

Post by backlands » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:35 pm

From the team

Servers are coming back online shortly, characters have been rolled back to their state at 2024-03-16 18:27:20 UTC.

To thank you all for your patience while we handled this required rollback, as well as for the lost progress, we have reset Epic Sacrifice cooldowns for all players. In addition we have placed a 10,000 XP award on all accounts, a method to redeem this XP award will be available soon.

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:39 am

Skal - Dun Erin and the Route South

A group of adventurers from Skaljard used explosives to blast their way through the ice to the south of the village, and formed expeditionary parties to explore Dun Erin and Dun Torun beyond. I'll do a proper news article tomorrow with screenshots (way too tired now).

Short version

• Many new areas, together comprising a whole new region of Skal
    -...and new dungeons
  • A player owned temple
  • A player owned stockade

As with the artificer tower dungeon, writs will follow in the next days.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:23 am

From Starfish and Magistrasa:

• 15 new peculiar fish in a special location!
    • Phage Nymph
    • Blobfish
    • Luminobite
    • Spinemarcher
    • Fangscuttler
    • Phage Adult
    • Scrolljaw Shark
    • Claw Hopper
    • Brainstinger
    • Hydropede
    • Phage Elder
    • Ocupus
    • Cuttleclaw
    • Aquatine
    • Beljuran Crawdad
  • 5 new fishing enemies in that location
  • Fixed Farsea Quipper icon
  • Southern Skaljard now has working fishing spots

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:29 am

Summons...again?! Seriously?

First he came for our Summon Creature spells, and we said...well rather a lot as it happens, then he came for our undead....

Okay, so some quite minor changes here for undead, but it's far as I want to go with them for now, and something much more considerable for craftable golems.

Details:

Summon Undead tier skins capped at at +3 DR, save for Wraiths, Abominations, Ghouls (These are unchanged), and Beast Revenants which cap at +4. Other values are all unchanged, so for instance where the Dread Hulk previously had +6/15 it now has +4/15. This change affects very few of the undead, as almost all were below the cap.

The reason for this should be clear - I'm not sure any PvE enemy has +6 weapons, and neither do PCs and with a 15 DR and regen these creatures were night on invulnerable, especially with 800+ hit points. This change will mean they will require more healing, but should still be extremely effective. They will also be far less durable in PvP, and far less deadly in the hands of NPC summoners. I've found that dungeon bosses that summon undead are doing so well above the CR of the surrounding dungeon, and as such are totally out of balance. Once again I understand this won't be popular, but I can't build dungeons to cater to both summons this strong and regular characters, and I certainly can't create hostile creatures that summon such undead without killing parties extremely quickly. Another important reason is that I can't consider broader improvements to sequencers, or new ones, while there is such a disparity between different summons. I've no further plans to adjust undead summons, and will likely leave Planar Conduit to a braver soul than myself (I'm just much less familiar with those creatures). I do have plans for the Summon Creature range, but a few things will need to happen first. Once again (and especially because I made the mistake of reading the accompanying thread to the last change) I won't be engaging with feedback until this update has settled, and (hopefully) once Conduit is similarly addressed. At which time I will enthusiastically consider (polite) suggestions.

And now for the good news, and something long overdue. A (large) improvement to the constructed golems, which hopefully will now give them utility.

Bone Golem:

3d8 Bash changed to 3D8+2
Weapon Focus Creature & Epic Weapon Focus Creature (Overall these two give +2 damage, +5 AB)
Hit Points raised from 77 to 203 (via an increase to their Con)
AC Raised from 18 to 27
Discipline raised from 0 to 30
CR lowered to not affect XP too greatly

Iron Golem:

2D10 Bash changed to 2D10+2
Weapon Focus Creature & Epic Weapon Focus Creature (Overall these two give +2 damage, +5 AB)
Hit Points raised from 99 to 207 (via an increase to their Con)
Ac Raised from 30 to 34
Discipline raised from 0 to 35

Stone Golem:
2D10 Bash changed to 2D10+2
Damage Reduction I feat added
Hit Points raised from 273 to 369
Ac Raised from 26 to 32
Discipline raised from 0 to 40

(Keep in mind that due to their skins the golems have considerable abilities:

In addition to standard golem properties (immunity to mind affecting spells etc), Bone Golems have decent DR, Iron Golems are immune to all spells AND have a decent DR, and Stone Golems have an SR of 22. The skins themselves are unchanged.

And for Golem Useage:

• Level 15 use requirement is now 11.
  • On death they will drop a Golem Heart and Golem Body (Based on type at death), these will be incomplete projects (0% progress).
  • Can now be returned to the Control Stone while at 100% health, if the name and description were set to match the stone.

All of this after the next reset, assuming it doesn't all suddenly break again.

(Small Edit: I also changed the appearance of Summoned Dire Wolf and Summoned Dire Tiger to a niftier model)

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:44 am

From Sincra, as of next reset:

Golems & Usage Improvements:

• Will give feedback on the following disallowed action states:
    -- Activating a control stone for recall while the player is in combat.
    -- Activating a control stone for recall while the golem is in combat.
    -- Recall while the golem is below 100% Health

• Now only renames on calling the golem from the stone, recall it to apply name & description changes.

• Removing a golem from the party will now try and return it to the Control stone, if it cannot do this for the above disallowed actions it will return them to the party again.

• Minor bug fixes that meant Golems dropped standard construct loot, this was unintended.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:05 am

From Sincra:

Dweomercraft Patch 1.1.0 [PGCC as of a reset]

Changes

• You may now downgrade any given property by applying a lesser version, regardless of points on item.

Fixes

• Fixed Rune Points not working up to cap. (E.g. 2 rune points left, could not add a 2 point skill)
  • Fixed some skills showing that should not in drop down menu.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:22 pm

from sk

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Zhentarim/Harper characters weren't able to take certain feats post-epic (Epic Will, Great Charisma/Great Dexterity and some others)
  • Fixed an issue where Still Spell feats were not contributing to Spell Failure reduction on manacles.
  • Fixed Danse Macabre not having a proper description.

From Twohand

New Weapons and Shields!

• This update adds several weapons, shields, and a few extra things based on cultures from Asia and the Middle East. While not all countries in the Forgotten Realms have 1:1 parallels with real life, these items should fit characters from Mulhorand, Calimshan, Zakhara, and Kara-Tur.

Items:

• 1 Battleaxe
  • 1 Greataxe
  • 1 Halberd
  • 1 Handaxe
  • 1 Katana
  • 1 Large Shield
  • 1 Pauldron
  • 1 Two-Bladed Sword
  • 2 Daggers
  • 2 Helmets
  • 2 Shortswords
  • 3 Scimitars
  • 5 Tower Shields

Credits:

• Jambiya by The Amethyst Dragon
  • Helmets, Scimitar, Egyptian Weapons, and Shields by Shemsu-Heeru
  • Asian Weapons by Forge
  • Samurai Armor Pauldrons by Batinthehat

#From Amnesy
#With thanks to DM Starfish (VFX) and Miaou (icons)
#--------------------------------------------------
Read more about the changes on the forum post (details will be there)!

#INVOKERS

• Changes to Hemomancer Red Harvest: ability bonuses (less AC, more short-lasting combat HP regeneration).
  • Changes to Elementalist Overcharge: Less self-harm, less duration, can regenerate focus.
  • Spell cost adjustments. Casting is more expensive (especially casting the same spell over and over).
  • Both Hemomancer and Elementalist will receive discounts on spell costs if casting spells of their theme/path.
  • Both Hemomancer and Elementalist have updated spell books (some spells added, some moved, some removed).
  • Both Hemomancer and Elementalist have their signature spells remade into feat-based abilities.

#SPELLS
Spell Updates:

• Elemental Hammer, added auto-empower on higher focus reserves. Removed force as a possible damage type.
  • Elemental Annihilation, increased damage at low focus, removed force as a possible damage type.
  • Massacre: simplified auto empower logic.
  • Greater Chromatic Orb: damage increase.
  • Mestil's Acid Breath: damage increase to match description.
  • Wail of the Banshee: improved effect timing.
  • Redbolt: damage type change from negative to piercing. Few bug fixes.
  • Blackfire: improved Damage over Time component. Few bug fixes.
  • Phantom Wound, Phantom Wound Mass: remade.
  • Glyph of Warding: damage increased. Added to other spellbooks.
  • Evil Blight: becomes radial spell, 3 options.

New Spells - Transmutation:

• Transmute Blood [Innate 6]: (3 radial options).
  • Transmute Breath [Innate 8]: (8 radial options).
  • Extrusion [Innate 9].
  • Blood Locust [Innate 7].
  • Vitae's Coronet [Innate 9].

New Spells - Illusion:

• Illusory Fall (which will replace Wizard, Illusion Specialist signature spell Nightmare).

New Spells - That will be added in the near future, originally part of the planned release, but not assigned to spellbooks yet (waiting for VFX)

• Greater Glyph of Warding [Innate 7][Abjuration].
  • Illusory Pit [Innate 8][Illusion].

#HARBINGER & HEXBLADE

• Herald of the Grave: 1/2 Harbinger level contributes to maximum curse song charges.
  • The bug with Herald of the Grave being unselectable is fixed.
  • Divine Patronage: grants Extra Turning Feat at effective class level 23.
  • Spellbook adjusted to target Harbinger specification.

#CURSES

• Bug fixes on reapply workflow.
  • Detect Curse on PGCC will provide debugging on chat.
  • Curse of Zhengyi: no longer increases the risk of blood arcana surge and has the same effect for PCs as for NPCs.

#SPELL MESSAGE

• Dispel Magic, Breach, Spell: Heart Stop (on failed save), and Curses (on failed save and reapply) will communicate their results in the chat window (not only to combat log) for PCs as if PCs made a tell to themselves (not publically visible).

#BLOOD ARCANA

• Blood Arcana Surge will now cause a bleeding effect instead of a random 'curse storm' effect.

#RELEVELS
Due to the below changes,

• Elementalist,
  • Hemomancer,
  • Harbinger (PGCC),
  • Hexblade,
    will be relevelled.

Link to document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zN9 ... sp=sharing

From the team:

SPELLSWORD:

• Weave Affinity: Bonuses now depend on the Spellsword's primary melee ability:
    • Strength: Now grants +1 AB and weapon damage every 7 Spellsword levels - no AC bonus.
    • Dexterity: Unchanged. Grants +1AB and AC every 7 Spellsword levels.
    • These bonuses still cannot exceed the Spellsword's hard Intelligence modifier.

WARLOCK:

• Pact Spell Adjustments: Ice Storm, Sound Lance, Withering Ray, and Darkbolt now have a replenishment timer of 3 minutes.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

DM MoonMoon
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM MoonMoon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:23 am

From DM MoonMoon

[Specialist Drinks]

• Drinks such as Fresh Mead, Spiced Rum etc, have adjusted buffs.
  • Stronger Buffs can only been obtained from these drinks if drunk within 15mins of creation.
  • Duration of Buffs is 30mins, or 1.5 hours if drunk in a Tavern.
  • Buffs from Tavern Drinking will also Last through resting. (Non Tavern Buffs are lost on resting)
  • Coffee, Holy Sparkling Water and Yarrow Tea are unchanged.
  • DCs and Point Cost are being adjusted, the point cost will be much lower.
  • Only one specialist Drink buff can be obtained at a time, drinking a different will remove the first.

The idea here is to promote more RP around Campfire rests or preparation entering a dungeon. As well this is to help get more RP around cooks/brewing inside Taverns, promoting more use from them.

I am also having full details, so no more FOIG for the buffs and timers.

Full details:

• Bonus' last for 30mins and are lost on rest
  • Tavern Fresh Bonus' last for 1.5hours and are NOT lost on rest
  • Freshness Bonus gained if drunk 15mins or less after crafting (Inns should hire cooks/brewers!, parties might consider having one with them for campfires before dungeons!)
  • You can only have 1 Drink bonus
  • Drinking another Specialty drink will remove the old one. This also means if you had a Tavern Bonus then drank an non-freshly made drink outside, then the Tavern bonus will be gone and replaced with the drink without a freshness bonus. (Only applies to Specialty Drinks, as marked)

Hot Chocolate, Coffee (Kaeth), Yarrow Tea and Holy Sparkling Water, are not specialty drinks. These have also not been changed in this update.

Percent Healing is slightly rounded up.
Fruit Brandy min healing is 15hp
Golden Spirit min Healing is 30hp

*Please note rice wine is now 50% immunity to poison, no longer full immunity!

DM Wraith: @DM MoonMoon Nice one, Idk howl you do it, it does seem a bit furfetched

backlands
General Admin
General Admin

Post by backlands » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:08 pm

From backlands

Minor update for the Astrolabe website, the Portal page now once again displays server stats to logged out users. This will allow anyone to quicky get an idea of how many players are online as well as see the in-game time. Logged in users will be able to see the player list as usual.