Scheduled Server Wide Meeting

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Scheduled Server Wide Meeting

Post by MalKalz » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:22 am

Hello everyone,

Over the years Arelith has held large scale player/staff meetings, conducted in game and open to all players. This is a chance to discuss concerns, suggestions, policy and creative direction directly with the staff. In light of recent events and some mounting issues associated with such topics as player agency, PVP and appropriate behaviour (Both in IC and OOC) we have decided to schedule the next of these meetings on the 17th of March and the 18th of March to accommodate different player time zones.

The following two scheduled meetings are available for players to attend on Distant Shores:

First scheduled meeting:

Sunday, March 17th @ 4 PM EST

For other time zones, please refer to the link below:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 0190317T20

The second meeting will be Monday, March 18 @ 8 AM UTC

Conversion available here:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... 0190318T08

These meetings will include the Irongron, LittleWeasel and the DM staff and will follow a general proceeding as follows:

- Admins will open the floor with discussion of concerns that are present and where to go from there
- Other topics of discussion will be fielded
- Floor open to players

We will be reviewing the logs of each meeting to put together a formal summary for players unable to attend.

Just as a last reminder, those interested in joining will arrive early on these dates to the Distant Shores server and ask to be taken to the area the meeting will be held.

Concerns from players should be general and not be pointing players out. If you have reports, they should go to the team and not air dirty laundry in these meetings.

Thanks,

Sean

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Scheduled Server Wide Meeting

Post by LittleWeasel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 am

Meeting Transcript umber 1:

Irongron's Address and Q&A on Server Design

Code: Select all

[20:20:49] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay, we're about ready to begin. Can everyone in the meeting now be silent?
[20:21:18] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: This is  big performance test, and will be more stable if we stick to procedure.
[20:21:49] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Amazing to see so many of you here by the way, and without breaking the server. This is great!
[20:22:54] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: I'm going to start by briefly describing the topics we want to cover tonight, and explain the procedures!
[20:23:14] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: First off no questions until we invite people to raise their hands!
[20:23:56] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: This is as much about hearing what you all have to say and sugggest on topics as it is about giving our own own policies
[20:24:29] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Also not to be rude, but please don't send me tells, I'm getting dozens!
[20:24:52] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: If anyone needs to reach DMs use the DM channel, not not tells to myself.
[20:25:12] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: So here's a quick list of the topics we'll be covering...
[20:25:47] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: 1. An explanation of who we all are, why we have the policies we do (in regard to transparancy, hiring etc).
[20:27:07] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: 2. How we handle quests, and what to expect of the DM team and players when creating a narrative. A key point here will be PvP, and the place it has in that.
[20:27:35] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Of course also current state of the server; basically where we are right now, and what to expect in the coming months.
[20:28:53] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: So lets start with a quick explanation of the team. Many of you already know this, but some of our newer players won't.
[20:29:31] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Arelith staff is divided broadly into 3 groups. Admins, DMs and Contributors.
[20:30:27] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: The server is currently lead by myself as server owner/creative lead, Little Weasel as 'Community Manager' (Meaning most players communicate with her) and head DM Spyre.
[20:31:18] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: I feel it is important for you all to know the contributors (coders) are kept totally separate from the DMs. They do not get an 'inside track' on DM decisions, or any private info about players
[20:31:53] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: For instance the code team, you will find are probably among you all now, rather than here on the stage in front. They don't get DM Client Access.
[20:32:34] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Now one reason we called this meeting was due to the recent events at the Arcane Tower on the surface server.
[20:33:46] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: This is a complex issue, which will require opening the floor a little later, but for now I want to explain why it became a concern to myself and the rest of the team.
[20:34:17] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Every server has a hub. A place where players are routed through when playing the game.
[20:35:06] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: From the perspective of server design, it is crucial that these areas remain largely open to everyone. We are a very big server, and without these nexus points the server would feel empty
[20:35:52] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: When any of these locationsare hit by mass PvP it seriously can impact the enjoyment of many, just pasing through can quickly become deadly.
[20:36:12] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Anyone care to shout out where they think the server 'hubs' are?
[20:36:22] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: Wherever the portals are.
[20:36:24] Anatida (DEV) (--- (Anatida))[Shout]: Cordor
[20:36:26] Novakatuhn Nerelith (--- (BaRKyy))[Shout]: CORDOR
[20:36:28] Uzbeg Greed (--- (Azensor))[Shout]: The hub?
[20:36:29] Nora Undt (--- (All the good usernames where taken))[Shout]: Towns
[20:36:30] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: Cordor, Andunor, Arcane Tower. 
[20:36:36] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: Skal's campfire! :D
[20:36:37] Galot T'orgh(Disguise: drowpope) (--- (Lexx))[Shout]: THE HUB
[20:36:39] Kathryn Black(Disguise: spyre 3) (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Andunor, Cordor, Skal, Arcane Tower, Sybaid
[20:36:41] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Outside the Nomad in in Cordor, for sure.
[20:36:42] Nicholas DeLeone (--- (NicholasDeLeone))[Shout]: Outbound portals
[20:36:42] Laurence (--- (Chair))[Shout]: Tends to be wherever the Portal sources are.
[20:36:44] Ca'lia (--- (SneakyRabbit))[Shout]: Guldorand
[20:36:46] Lavender Herik(Disguise: Mean Hin) (--- (Hinapples))[Shout]: Myon is a hub for elves. But lately it is just a faction of former Banite players!
[20:36:46] Alchuilas Sanneseph (Slave) (--- (CosmicOrderV))[Shout]: Cordor / Hub
[20:36:48] Anden Menset (--- (handernesse))[Shout]: The HUB UD, Tower Surfarce, Sibayad portal
[20:36:49] Dent Hull (--- (Dedman1234))[Shout]: Yup, the campfire in Skal
[20:36:58] Laurence (--- (Chair))[Shout]: Or areas that allow easy transport with things like Laurik
[20:37:01] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: Mean Hin needs to cool it
[20:37:02] Samantha Lockeheart (--- (msheeler))[Shout]: Cordor, Arcane Tower, Brogendenstien, Andunar
[20:37:05] Rose Derciara (--- (Kaede Lanyo))[Shout]: Skal's fire is quite a hot zone.
[20:37:08] Milo Hale (--- (Morgy))[Shout]: Skaljard village
[20:37:08] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay, great, thats enough shouts! Absolutely the Hub in Andunor
[20:37:17] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Less so the other settlements.
[20:37:50] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: On the surface we have that all important portal at the Arcane Tower, and while we could add many more, it would make the entire server a lot emptier.
[20:38:29] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: One option is for us to flag such areas as no PvP but I don't feel that is fun for anyone.
[20:38:59] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Now the Arcane Tower itself, is a special issue, and a special concern.
[20:39:46] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: How about harshing the pvp , making staying in Kelemvor 24 h ? This could indeed be an issue for the loser , but could avoid the problems of 24h rule, and make corpses unbashable.
[20:39:52] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: It is, by its very design exclusive. Such a critical place in the server is essentially being run by virtue of guild ownership, and that alone. It is not a design philosophy I have employed elsewhere
[20:40:30] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: There has been significant frustration from many players, over the years, about an inability to affect change there.
[20:41:00] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: I must add that this is NOT the fault of the owners. It wouldn't matter who controlled it, the flaw in the module design would remain.
[20:42:13] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: However I do nto favour making the Arcane Tower into a settlement, I feel that many players go there to escape political RP, and rather get on with their 'mage' RP in peace
[20:42:44] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: We will return to this topic later, but before I stop talking about it I want to give you all an explanation of what I do intend for that place.
[20:43:15] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: It will remain as a hub for the server, with its portal.
[20:43:42] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: But rather than containing one guild, it will contain serveral different schools on different levels of the Tower.
[20:44:27] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Any member of these schools will have it made absolutely clear that any authoirity they have there will not extend to the rest of the Tower, or Mayfields.
[20:45:19] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Nobody will be evicted
[20:45:47] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: WE will open the floor in this topic a bit later, for those involved who wish to hang around and discuss it.
[20:46:11] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay!
[20:46:20] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Big news!
[20:46:40] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: We have more people now on Arelith than ever before in our 14 year history.
[20:47:01] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: * Cheers *
[20:47:01] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: One moment with the rasing of the hands!
[20:47:52] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Later on we are going to discuss expectations of player conduct, especially OOC. But I am going to first take questions on actual module design.
[20:48:47] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: I will then hand over to Spyre of Little Weasel for topics related to conduct!
[20:49:18] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay, so Spyrebush. You first!
[20:50:14] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Oh, and please players use 'shout' in this meeting when giving your questions!
[20:50:37] Jacob Swift (--- (JediZero))[Shout]: I wanted to ask several points. First, does the Dev team, since Arelith is much more active, intend to start allowing RP to start shaping the world around them? Things such as the Horde gaining their own little area showed a recognition of RP and it made the world of Arelith feel more alive.
[20:52:26] Jacob Swift (--- (JediZero))[Shout]: Second, I am assuming that any discussion regarding the Tower is to be held until after the rest of the meeting?
[20:53:20] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: That's a great question.
[20:54:05] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: I belive that when when developing Arelith, we have to establish a balance. Finding the sweet spot between dynamism and quality.
[20:54:39] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: We could keep updating the module to reflect every small player intiiative, or even add coded area changes made by players, but it WOULD impact quality.
[20:54:49] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Its not a bad idea for a server, but its not Arelith
[20:55:33] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Its great to see player initiative with these things, but we'll always make a judgement call about what will be of benefit to the server, and if we like it, make the absolute best of any addition
[20:56:15] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: And to the second part, yes. I intend on holding discussing events at the Tower into the end of the Meeting, as it is very specific.
[20:56:22] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: And will likely take some time...
[20:56:24] Jacob Swift (--- (JediZero))[Shout]: My third and final question was regarding initatives attempting to do something with light Keep, or the ruins of wharftown. Will there ever be something done with them or are we forever going to see them as ruined wrecks?
[20:57:36] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Ih ave plans for Wharftown and Light Keep, but do not intend for them to return as settlements
[20:57:47] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: There is so much more we can do.
[20:59:59] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Okay. I'm going to come back to questions about the arcane tower later when that comes up. Regarding the overall module design of the server, I have two questions. 
[21:00:03] Raudan Hollow (--- (RapidReload))[Shout]: *Leaves hand raised*
[21:01:25] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Firstly, it's clear and apparent that there are certain specific encounters that are considered 'optimal' for leveling while others are clearly not. Certain encounters are aggressively overtuned for their level, as suggested for writs.
[21:02:23] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay Kathyrn, your answer:
[21:02:27] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Is there any plan to bring the overall server experience to a degree of parity to prevent overcrowding in high traffic encounters?
[21:03:27] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Encounters are constantly updated, and any overall 'balance' is hard to achieve. The absolute best way to deal with this as a player is to use the Feedback thread on the forums
[21:04:07] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: There you can give us the information we need to optimise the server in that fashion, and improve writs. (which I agree are need of more work)
[21:04:33] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: It can take us time to get to things mentioned on the forums, but once they're on the feedback thread they stay on our radar.
[21:04:42] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Does that answer your question?
[21:05:27] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Absoltely, thank you very much. My second question is if the DMs have any plans to adress a problem where certain guild quarters or other highly coveted locations on the server are monopolized by groups of players using OOC methods to keep these locations 'on lock' and within their circle of influence OOC.
[21:06:12] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: That's a fascinating second question!
[21:06:47] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Over the years, since NWN was first released there has been a massive shift to offline, or rather out-of-game channels used between players.
[21:07:13] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: This has had many effects, one of which is, as you say, guilds changing hands between groups of friends, more often than in the past.
[21:07:59] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Sometimes people can roll up a new character for the guild, and get it handed over to them, then that repeats, and repeats, sometime over many years
[21:08:16] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: The upshot is that 'choice' locations stay within the same OOC group of friends for years.
[21:08:27] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: And I absolutel get why that is frustrating, it is to me aslo
[21:08:43] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Iti s one reason I shifted to the Land Brokerage when making the Castles.
[21:08:55] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: And I shall make an announcement now.
[21:09:17] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Before being pulle away by a game studio for some months I was working on updating the Fox's Den
[21:09:51] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: My intention is to explad the surface land brokerage to include many more of these choice locations, and ideally have bidding done by factions as well as settlements
[21:10:01] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: The Desert Fort, the Fox's Den, that Tower in the Spires...
[21:10:12] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: All on 5 year 'leases'
[21:10:36] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay, need to move on, because many have questions.
[21:10:50] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: So who had the next question again? I recall a vaguely drow sounding name?
[21:10:57] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: Yes me.
[21:11:06] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Ah yes! Go ahead Sekth
[21:11:11] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Just to quickly add - if there are people maintaining property and passing it off to friends, do report it. We do investigate and address these things.
[21:11:18] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: That's all I had to ask. thank you for giving me time to ask them.
[21:11:25] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: It is better to report than to not report.
[21:12:08] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: My question is about Shadow Plane, Specifically Shadow Cordor. I found may doors that , when opened , leads to nowhere, and at least two doors that would lead me to a place inside the REAL cordor, of which I get out, i end up in real cordor. ASwell as the doors in shadovar house that are same as some quartesr in real cordor.
[21:12:32] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: ( could take for hour about the issues surrounding guild ownership, but we have a lot to get through)
[21:12:38] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: Will there be any updates or fixed regarding Shadow Cordor, Will there maybe added new houses - maybe making it another hub?
[21:13:25] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Sounds like you've ecnountered some bugs there Sekth! Shdow Cordor was essentally a copy of the old Cordor, so some transitions may have stayed in place.
[21:13:54] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Like a lot of the server it was earmarked for further development down the line, but I can't confirm when that might be
[21:13:58] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: I know some of them I reported or announced dm's in past, some I maybe didn't found yet.
[21:14:33] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: If you ecounter a bug that is an exploit, pleas PM it on forums to 'Active DMs' and 'Active Admins'
[21:14:42] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: 2nd question is about Shipyard in Anundor, will there will be any new ships ? Anundor is a very big hub and nests lots of groups of players.
[21:14:51] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Some may be intentional ofcourse, but I would have to look
[21:14:55] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: Will there be any updates regarding ships in there?
[21:14:59] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Well...
[21:15:20] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: I would love drow ships, if you look at the the Middledark Port you'll see I made one with fixtures.
[21:15:50] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: HAKs and ew content should make that possible down the line, currently there are no suitable models for ships sailing the Underdark seas
[21:16:05] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: So unlike the surface, one can't go 'on deck' on those waters.
[21:16:20] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Because with current NWN resources it would look RUBBISH
[21:16:29] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: In fact there aren't many good haks for it.
[21:16:40] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: So we'll likely need something custom made by an artist
[21:17:03] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: My thinking was of a rental ship in anundor , more then another Dreadnaught
[21:19:11] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay, Masistrasa is next
[21:19:31] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: Yes that was all, my thanks for asnwering Irongron.
[21:20:44] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay, Ice, you can go too
[21:20:55] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: Okay then! 
[21:21:02] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: I have five million questios, so I will rapid fire:
[21:21:12] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: 1) Will be seeing HAKs this year?
[21:21:25] Lorelei (--- (magistrasa))[Shout]: Magistrasa here - My question is with regards to the comparison between the Hub and the Arcane Tower, and how the team regards the frequent PvP that happens there, since they're both considered "Server Hubs." But, uh, I'll wait?
[21:21:47] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Lorelie, will come back to you after Ice
[21:21:50] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: No problem. I'll go after. 
[21:22:05] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Ice. Yes, Haks will be this year. Can't yet say exactly when
[21:22:14] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: Thank you. 2) Do you think Outcasts are in a good position right now, or do they need further tweaking? 
[21:23:02] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: 2 Everything needs further tweaking really, but further plans or outcasts at this stage. I don't feel theywere ever be universally popular no matter what is done
[21:23:26] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: Thought so. 3) Will be seeing new races, such as Minotaurs, soonish? 
[21:23:33] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: Also, classes. 
[21:24:21] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: 3. Races will be rotated, as they have been in the past. No current plans for minotaurs, but can't say what future holds there
[21:24:45] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: If you have a 4 ask it Ice, but then I'm going to move on to the next person. Many are waiting.
[21:25:10] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: 4) I've heard some concern lately over what DMs are capable of handling, and what is beyond the line. 
[21:25:19] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: Will we be seeing some guidelines written about these in the future? 
[21:25:54] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: 4. I'll hand over to Spyre shortly, or Little Weasel, they will be able to answer such questions. I'm currently dealing with actual area/server design
[21:25:58] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Lorelie
[21:26:04] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: To answer to your question..
[21:26:09] Lorelei (--- (magistrasa))[Shout]: Right now there's a lot of ongoing faction strife in the Underdark, and as it's a point of congregation, the Hub is where it often comes to a head. "Street justice," however, has been a part of UD culture ever since the Udos days by my understanding, and stems in part from a  mistrust of the DM team
[21:26:39] Ice (--- (The Sojourner))[Shout]: Thank you.
[21:26:50] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: The Hub is in the Ud, and PvP does happen tere sometimes. If in doubt speak to DMs. Difference between that and the Tower is that no PC group controls the HUB
[21:26:59] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: And that the portal there is restricted
[21:27:47] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Okay, 3 min break.
[21:27:55] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Get a drink etc
[21:31:11] Symphony (--- (DMSymphony))[Shout]: If you guys are getting C++ compile error crashes, instead of Beamdog "We just crashed hard" crashes, there is an OpenALInstSoft.exe I'm sharing to prevent those. I think it's an issue with the sound hardware Steam Does or doesn't install.
[21:31:26] Sekth Xar'zith (--- (Ard))[Shout]: OH I WOULD LOVE A NWN PUBG PLACE DM'S !!
[21:32:46] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: WE also have a lot of question now, so from here on one question each!
[21:32:47] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Alright. Also in the spirit of being able to address as many people as possible, we'll have to restrict to 1 question each. It is up next: Durvayas, then Samantha next.
[21:32:50] Symphony (--- (DMSymphony))[Shout]: I can currently share the installer for C++ compile crashes in Discord. I'll try to host it on my dropbox too.
[21:33:17] Madeline Clavelle(Disguise: Durvayas) (--- (Durvayas))[Shout]: Damn. I had two questions, and one is a fast yes or no.
[21:33:19] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Durvayas, go ahead
[21:33:26] Rriarla Valepaw (--- (Leshpar))[Shout]: I have two questions as well
[21:34:04] Madeline Clavelle(Disguise: Durvayas) (--- (Durvayas))[Shout]: The yes or no question:  Are we ever going to have that slums portal in andunor restricted in the same way that the hub portal is?
[21:35:02] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: I may move it, but will not restrict it. Andunor is intended to be trafficked by surface traders/PCs from time to time.
[21:35:21] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: It is NOT teh same as the old restrictive UD
[21:35:27] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Samantha, you next
[21:35:48] Madeline Clavelle(Disguise: Durvayas) (--- (Durvayas))[Shout]: The second question regards the shipyard guildhouse.  Due to its nature as the only ship in the city, and the land brokerage system, the dreadnaught gets shared constantly between many factions at once on a regular basis.
[21:36:41] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Samantha, go ahead (just one question each)
[21:36:46] Madeline Clavelle(Disguise: Durvayas) (--- (Durvayas))[Shout]: unfortunately, this means that whoever has the ship has to willfully give up security to the guildhouse in the shipyards in order for other peple to be able to board the ship on the other server.  Is there any chance that the guildhouse itself, and the dreadnaught, can have seperate keys?
[21:36:50] Samantha Lockeheart (--- (msheeler))[Shout]: With regards to area updates that are done to settlement areas, is there any possibility of giving advanced notice as to when these changes will go in for players that have heavily invested their RP in those areas?  To use a personal example, I understand there might be an update to Guldorand,
[21:37:22] Samantha Lockeheart (--- (msheeler))[Shout]: but the previous updates have come as surprises to me, yet people who have not been so invested in the area luck out and get the rewards like access to housing because of time-zones.
[21:37:50] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: It will be a mix Samantha, with some area updates we really involve players, other times it is less possible
[21:38:06] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: The logistics of the larger updates, especially, can be very hard as it is.
[21:38:30] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Guld update will not be for some time though, as I'm still currently busy with other projects.
[21:38:39] Samantha Lockeheart (--- (msheeler))[Shout]: To be clear, not for their input, but just a "Hey there will be an update on xx date.
[21:39:06] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: We'll give advance warning on the Guld update
[21:39:23] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: But elsewhere surprises can be fun. THere is a danger of giving a specific time
[21:39:44] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: Namely that players will rush them for quarter/shop purchases
[21:39:56] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: So, Sypre will now take over!
[21:40:05] Irongron (--- (Irongron))[Shout]: I will not be here, but will read logs!
General Announcements by DM Spyre & LittleWeasel

[21:40:17] Rriarla Valepaw (--- (Leshpar))[Shout]: Bye! Thank you for coming
[21:40:20] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Oh boy. Alright, apologies if I do not have the Irongron answer. But will try my best.
[21:40:47] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That being said, usually large scale updates will accompany some form of DM involvement and preparation before hand.
[21:41:09] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Roarax. You are next. Your question?
[21:42:26] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: Are you Dm's more likely to make changes to the world of arelith, if a large amount of people are involed in it, Roleplay wise. such as like...Rebuilding a ruined city.
[21:43:28] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Irongron has made mention of that previously. There are things that we can address and drive to seeing change; however, it is also about quality.
[21:43:48] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Though what I want to make clear is that the DMs do not make the decisions on permanent changes. This will always be under Irongron's advisement and direction.
[21:44:13] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: Ok, thanks, that's about.
[21:44:23] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: it*
[21:44:43] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, we do acknowledge and respect the efforts and are eager to help push them along with what flavour we can provide.
[21:45:23] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Alright, so I am going to hold questions for now. We will follow up with the rest after the rest of the announcements and discussions are made.
[21:48:22] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: With Irongron having left the floor for today (it's his birthday, and he's spending time with his family, too :) ) we are going to return to the Announcements now and will hold a Q&A after, which we'll then also open up to more general questions, rather than design.
[21:49:12] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: I have a list of all those who have raised their hands up to now and we will return to htat list once we are doing the Q&A gain.
[21:49:44] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
[21:51:07] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Alright, so going forward with the meeting. We will address the following topics:
[21:51:32] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Your DM Team - What they do, how cases are handled, and what players do and do not see.
[21:52:26] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Which will also include parts about what we are doing as a team to grow, our own internal feedback systems and our plans as well.
[21:52:59] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, then we will divulge into conduct topics about OOC channels (Discord) and how it can affect the community by large.
[21:54:18] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: As you are aware, I am currently the acting Head DM. And, many of our volunteer staff have made the appearance in their busy schedules to attend to show face, answer questions and let you know we are here.
[21:54:59] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The team is built from our community. Those that have made it through the interview process and have shown capability of maintaining the health of the community at large.
[21:55:26] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Though from your perspective, I can imagine it may not seem like we are there all the time. Or are not present at all.
[21:56:04] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, the team frequents most timezones, and also work a lot through our own internal chats to rectify reports.
[21:56:38] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: On average, our DM team receives 15 to 20 reports a day. So you can imagine that their "out of game" time is busy already with just that.
[21:57:23] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Each report is then processed into its own case file, and roughly you look at 1 to 2 hours of work to prepare for any conversation with a player.
[21:57:59] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: This means we have to: dig through logs, compile what is reported to what we can find, know what we have to approach and then do the actual conversation with the player.
[21:58:27] Lavender Herik (--- (Boot Print))[Shout]: I filed a report and got a reply from you in about 5 minutes. That contradicts the 1-2 hours work to me.
[21:58:57] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, this is the ideal scenario. Sometimes it can be a longer process - reports can take up to 24 hours to generate and for us to process.
[21:59:39] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: To address the outburst. Your report was replied that it would be looked into, I'm speaking of the entire process. It does take time. It does not mean within five minutes that we checked off every box needed.
[22:00:59] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, we as a team, do want to address the concerns as quick as possible. But it depends on how involved they can be.
[22:01:47] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Once a case is handled you should receive a response of: "Your case has been handled. Thank you for the report." 
[22:02:08] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: This is to confirm that it has been looked at. We apologize if this isn't the case each and every time.
[22:02:46] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Which I've stressed and we've agreed as a team to ensure it is passed out from here on in.
[22:03:05] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: However, as a player, you will never receive notification of player punishment. Which leads me into the topic of transparency.
[22:03:41] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: While players likely support a fully transparent process, this will not be the case of Arelith. And, that is out of respect for each individual who enters the server.
[22:04:40] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: When a problem happens, we will address the player and that player alone. This is so that we can help coach and steer them into correcting problems. And, enabling them to return to the game without being judged by fellow players or having players lord it over them if they got punished.
[22:05:17] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: If you ever feel like your case has been handled improperly, you are advised to send a message to myself on the forums. I am the one who these concerns go to.
[22:06:44] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: While the adminstrative part handles answering questions, concerns and reports, your DM team also handles player quests and general quests themselves.
[22:07:34] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, while I am sure concerns are raised about where these quests are held, I can assure you that there will be a larger focus on quests in the UD and within Skal itself.
[22:08:53] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We do not want to feel as though we are limiting our quests to particular groups. This was never the case. Members have their comfort zones, so some areas were untouched. We've since expanded and have a wider scope of lore and ability to entertain these players that feel missed.
[22:09:42] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, as you can see, the DM side of things are not just fun and games. It is like a second career; dedicating numerous hours to this aspect while sacrificing their own play time. And, they also have to adhere to a more strict set of rules than players do.
[22:10:25] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I won't go over those rules, as they are all aware, and it does not impact your own play. But, do note that when these rules are broken, it is handled by myself and we have had to remove DMs in the past.
[22:11:14] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, we will do so again if necessary.
[22:11:53] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Though, I am confident in this team, their judgement and heart. They applied because they care about this server and its health. They care that you have your fun and that you can escape reality for a bit each day.
[22:12:11] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Now, I've talked a lot about what we do do. However, I'll quickly touch on what we will do.
[22:12:49] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Going forward, you will have responses from DMs for any report you make that has been closed.
[22:13:12] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There will be wider focuses on quests, and giving feedback on quest requests.
[22:13:38] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: DMs will also go through feedback opportunities from myself on a more regular basis, so that we can individually adjust while as a team also shift togetther.
[22:14:37] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, the DMs have also opened the idea of accepting feedback on events to hear concerns. Not all quests will be fun for everyone, but we will try to adjust so that they are more fun all around.
[22:15:10] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: DMs will also get a raise of 2x their current salary. Which is still zero. Remember, they do this voluntarily.
[22:15:48] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Now that we've done the whole 
[22:16:05] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: "Who we are and what we will do" talk, it is time for the less fun conversations that need to be said.
[22:16:55] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: These concerns are something that we have noticed over the past while, and should be expressed to the whole of the community so that as a community we can work together on rectifying them.
[22:17:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The first topic, as earlier mentioned by Irongron is Discord and the conduct there.
[22:18:32] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Discord is a valuable resource for quick conversations, the closeness of community and whatever else it can be for. However, it is also an echo chamber for not positive things.
[22:19:24] Raudan Hollow (--- (RapidReload))[Shout]: And a vehilcle for OOC guldmembers to show up fully warded whenever their bros suffer conflict because of blessed voice chat, undetectacble by the team voicechat
[22:19:37] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I'll ask that you refrain, please and thank you.
[22:20:30] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Discord allows players to communicate. However, often what happens is that a belief is shared from a faction leader / Discord leader / or friend which can be negative.
[22:20:53] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: This negativity then sours who it touches as well, and projects itself into the game world which will impact your own game play.
[22:21:07] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Some things I have noticed or have been shown:
[22:21:18] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Players harassing, bullying and verbally assaulting fellow community members.
[22:21:31] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: As far as threatening death.
[22:22:04] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: People looking to drive players off the server by continuously bashing them every twenty four hours.
[22:22:27] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: People also sharing half the picture of what happened with another player, member of the DM staff or the admin team. 
[22:23:02] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Just to touch on that last part: The only people that known the full scope are the DM team. When players talk about stuff, its often half the picture; we have the log access to confirm or deny things that happen in-game
[22:23:16] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: This does not mean we are always right though. We can be wrong too. We are Human, after all.
[22:23:39] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, that being said, what has been seen on Discord being done needs to stop.
[22:24:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Remember that you are interacting as characters. You can hate a character form a character perspective. But, you should always be respectful of the person behind the screen.
[22:25:05] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Each person has their own beliefs and feelings. Be respectful of those and foster a positive community.
[22:25:57] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The DM team does not want to have to police Discord. But, when it involves Arelith, and bleeds into our world, we will.
[22:26:20] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: This means that players who are conducting these offences and impacting the fun of the players on Arelith will be punished accordingly. 
[22:27:18] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We want you all to have that ability to escape stress, reality and all the non-sense that goes on in your individual lives and just have fun. So share that sentimentt with everyone, and just enjoy the narrative.
[22:28:09] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Conflict is a natural part of the game though, which leads into PvP and our rules.
[22:29:10] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Roleplay can, and will eventually lead into PvP. No person is immune to it. No person is exempt from it. It can lift a story and elevate the seriousness of messages. So long as it follows and adheres to our engagement rules.
[22:29:33] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: I will take that one. In regards to PvP, I'm going to roll back a little and explain what PvP means to us, why we allow it on the server, and why the rules are written as they are. 
[22:30:18] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: We need to acknowledge that a lot of players really dislike PvP while some really do enjoy it, and part of building an environment that is fun for everyone requires clear rules of engagement to avoid frustration on both sides, so that everyone knows what to expect.
[22:30:37] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: PvP is meant to be a tool for story. Conflict is a massive driver for any story line and is absolutely essential to not let stories grow stale or boring. However, PvP is not the CORE of arelith, or a story. PvP is a culmination of conflict, and not meant to be conflict on its own. 
[22:31:13] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: We allow it to help add meaning to conflict. To help add depth and a real sense of danger to conflict and thus, to help enrich stories. PvP should be a part of a story. A story should never be the excuse for PvP.
[22:31:49] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Also, while PvP can be an essential part of the story we don't expect it to be the catalyst of change. Server is more fun, and inclusive, for all when people seek to affect change by rp not PvP.
[22:33:28] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: So... you see, we are spanning a wide variety of player styles and a wide variety of things that are being enjoyed by different people. There is a quite accurate chart that talks about the 4 aspects of a roleplayer (the Killer, the Socialite, the Explorer, the finisher. We are facing the challenge of
[22:33:39] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: balancing our environment and rules to have fun aspects for all of them.
[22:34:11] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: We cannot be everything for everyone and thus, we are working much with compromise. In one thing we are adamant though: We want to tell a tale. And we want others to tell the tale with us. 
[22:36:51] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Over the experience of the last fifteen+ years, this is what we have strived to achieve with our rules and that is why they are written as they are. I am aware over the last weeks there was a confusion with the clarity of the PvP rules, and I think, Scurvy wrote the best translation of it. 
[22:37:46] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I won't copy the entire message of Scurvy for you. However, please check the Rule Clarification page for it.
[22:39:48] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There will always be attempts to clarify these rules further. We are not rewriting them, but making them more clear (we hope) as questions come up.
[22:43:56] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Alright, as I was saying.
[22:44:28] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: While we do not want to rewrite rules over the years, expansion on the rules will be done at the discretion of the admin team. And, we will always attempt to further clarify them.
[22:44:58] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, I suspect a lot of burning questions you have are related to them.
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Scheduled Server Wide Meeting

Post by LittleWeasel » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 am

General Q&A -- Open Floor

[22:48:15] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Which means... we are going to use this opportunity to start the Q&A session. Please, 1 question each. If you have a 2nd question I can put you on the back of the list after you have asked your first. First up, is Veigal. Next one up will be Milo. If your questions have been answers and you drop. 
[22:48:17] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Let us know.
[22:48:40] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: If you want to be added to the list, please raise your hand in DM channel.
[22:48:42] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, by open the floor, we will follow our same procedure and pick up where we left off on the list of names we already had. So raise hands in the DM chat for questions.
[22:49:12] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So Veigal. Your question?
[22:50:26] Veigal Finnigan (--- (Stickman))[Shout]: I have a question regarding the mechanics of slavery, if that is something you intend to look into? I have noticed a few situations lately where some people regret it OOC wise as well within a few hours, and a direct neglect towards the slave RP from surface side. That they simply don�t deal with it (not everyone, but a good amount)
[22:51:06] Veigal Finnigan (--- (Stickman))[Shout]: So some tend to get stuck or straight up rolling, due to the FOIG thing, takes a lot of time OOC, when they are already in neglect of their character (yes there is warnings)
[22:52:41] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: In regards to slavery, I think it is best we discuss this in teh feedback thread. We as Devs, Admins don't get to play much which means we don't experience a lot mechanics first hand and have to rely on players giveing us feedback on issues. Slavery - we are well aware - is a very complex topic.
[22:53:11] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: I believe, too complex to address in a few llines here. Know that it is a topic of hot discussion within the team already and we'll be glad to take feedback on board to improve it for all involved.
[22:53:38] Veigal Finnigan (--- (Stickman))[Shout]: Very well, considering we are limited to one question, I will pass the torch. Thank you for the response.
[22:54:00] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Milo is up next, please.
[22:55:44] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Milo sitll here, if not, Nora Undt and   Dokh in that order please.
[22:56:25] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Alright, Nora you're up
[22:56:58] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Dokh - up next. 
[22:57:56] Dokh Himral-Hand (--- (What's Up Dokh))[Shout]: So my question was actually one that maybe only Irongron could answer because it was with regards to his words on a preference of mixed racial settlements over settlements like Brogendenstein .. which is a large majority single race ...
[22:59:21] Dokh Himral-Hand (--- (What's Up Dokh))[Shout]: But then Irongron left, so I'll just add .. I think it's worth there being a greater discussion on that because it's not something I really agree with ..
[22:59:28] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: You are quite right, that is a question for Irongron. Why don't you PM me that quesiton in my inbox and I will field a number of Irongron questions only for him to answer in his own time and then publicise those once he has done so.
[22:59:38] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: That counts for all other questions that are Irongron only.
[23:00:17] Dokh Himral-Hand (--- (What's Up Dokh))[Shout]: I will, but I did actually have a backup question!
[23:01:32] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Dokh, ask away since you didn't actually get an answer to your question.
[23:03:08] Dokh Himral-Hand (--- (What's Up Dokh))[Shout]: With regards to Discord.  I fully agree that it is something that can be very bad, especially when people are huddled together and closed off from one another .. do you guys have any plans of using Discord in a different way that ensures people are talking with each other, like a discord channel for 
[23:03:28] Dokh Himral-Hand (--- (What's Up Dokh))[Shout]: all settlement leaders to join up for so there is always a dialogue?
[23:04:22] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There is no plans for an official Discord for Arelith. This would mean that we would also have to police that. There are non-official Discords which already do this, See Arelith 3.0.
[23:04:35] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: While it does not suit everyone's needs, it is there.
[23:05:36] Meeting Speaker (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: To Those with Questions - Please try and have your questions typed out ready for when you're called if possible (ctrl v is your friend) and B) Please try and keep your questions quick and consise! 
[23:05:54] Meeting Speaker (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: So we can keep this meeting moving along quickly. Thank you!
[23:06:24] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, the main issues with Discord is the negative beheaviour. I would not say the structure or design of a Discord server is at fault, but the choices the individuals make that are at fault here.
[23:07:30] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I hope that answers that, at least.
[23:07:34] Dokh Himral-Hand (--- (What's Up Dokh))[Shout]: Thank you
[23:07:44] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Cassius. Your question?
[23:09:11] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Alright. Cassius, you are up. After Cassius it is Viserra.
[23:09:22] Rriarla Valepaw (--- (Leshpar))[Shout]: -polymorph
[23:09:24] Cassius Sjeckyik (--- (White Days))[Shout]: Mine also be Irongron only? I don't know. So the DM team has been extremely efficient with answering my reports and questions and even a special request or two, and I apperciate it a lot! with one exception. 
[23:09:29] Cassius Sjeckyik (--- (White Days))[Shout]: Getting into the development team and taking a more active part in making Arelith grow, there isn't a proper form to fill or a place to submit areas and the process has been very disheartening for the last five months.
[23:09:50] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So, I can answer that one a bit.
[23:11:01] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The development team and contribution team is something that Irongron handles. Though as expressed to players, if you are interested, it is always a good idea to have something in your back pocket to hand in. Something to show off your own abilities and contribute something to the server. 
[23:11:46] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: However, as Irongron says to most applicants, there is no promise that content you design will be added. While it can be frustrated, it may not match server design ideas and not be suited for the vision that he has.
[23:12:14] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I still strongly encourarge that if you have interest that you should send him a PM with your work because you never know what may happen down the road.
[23:13:25] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Viserra. Your turn.
[23:13:33] Viserra Rivenclaw (--- (WarBear))[Shout]: As a newer player to Arelith, I have found it near impossible to find a quarter or shop available, even out of the way ones. Are there any plans to add more of each to the server? Thanks.
[23:14:04] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There are plans with the expansions in settlements, plus other projeects to add more space to call home. That being said, there is no ETA.
[23:14:39] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Irongron, as he mentioned, wanted to expand the bidding system for more than the castles, and having seen the hak content, I can assure you that more areas will crop up.
[23:15:19] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Alchuilas, if you are still here, I believe it is your turn.
[23:16:05] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Your question please.
[23:16:48] Alchuilas Sanneseph (Slave) (--- (CosmicOrderV))[Shout]: Mine might be Irongron only though. I wanted to ask about interactive mechanics potentially being on the horizon. I love things like the summoners caves on Rhayne's landing, the weather stones, the astrolabe, and things like the -investigate command on the old FL server.
[23:17:01] Alchuilas Sanneseph (Slave) (--- (CosmicOrderV))[Shout]: Any chance we'll see more things like that in the future?
[23:17:49] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There are likely more things that we will expand on. We have some amazing contributors who have great ideas, but no ETA. However, Irongron would know a lot more than I do on that.
[23:18:02] Alchuilas Sanneseph (Slave) (--- (CosmicOrderV))[Shout]: Thanks.
[23:22:22] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Beryl, please go ahead.
[23:22:27] Beryl (--- (Crookedblossom))[Shout]: Regarding the Be Nice rule, it has been my assumption that this primarily deals in the realm of OOC. Tells, messages, avoidance of bringing OOC feelings into IC, etc. I have sometimes heard this rule cited regarding handling IC conflict, and I think there may be some confusion regarding the perception of this rule when a character is slighted, such as being turned away from a faction or turned away from an e.
[23:22:35] Beryl (--- (Crookedblossom))[Shout]: an event. *
[23:22:46] Beryl (--- (Crookedblossom))[Shout]: In short, I'd just like DM clarification for future referencing. What bearing, if any, does the Be Nice rule have on IC activity? Apologies if this was already addressed when I was not present. If so, I can reference the transcript later. 
[23:23:49] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So, characters do not have to be nice to one another. They are entitled to hate, love or be indifferent about each other. However, the Be Nice aspect is between players.
[23:25:21] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: If it was an IC rule, everyone would be holding hands and eating tea and crumpets. But, that is not the proper expectation of the lore setting.
[23:25:46] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: However, there are IC actions which are fueled by OOC emotion that would fall into this. Which would be the constant bashing of players out of OOC spite.
[23:26:14] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That whole Be Nice rule is meant for you as the player. Not the character.
[23:26:22] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Does that help clarify that, Beryl?
[23:26:31] Beryl (--- (Crookedblossom))[Shout]: I believe so, I appreciate it! Thank you!
[23:26:36] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: No problem.
[23:29:39] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Karstaag. You can go now since Raudan is not presently on.
[23:31:36] Karstaag (--- (Petrifictus))[Shout]: Well... my thing was not sort of a question but it did involve as "wake up" call to the others as player who has experienced the negativity of OOC and discord on the game, but you Weasel already said it dont need to be brought up, unless others disagree. like a message.
[23:32:19] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: If there are concerns, please do bring them via PM to us.
[23:33:08] Karstaag (--- (Petrifictus))[Shout]: Right!
[23:33:25] Karstaag (--- (Petrifictus))[Shout]: I guess I pass to Rriarla then as this was not needed to bring up
[23:34:00] Karstaag (--- (Petrifictus))[Shout]: Also thank you for holding this meeting! And keep up with the good job! Karstaag out!
[23:35:18] Rriarla Valepaw (--- (Leshpar))[Shout]: So my question actually goes with what happened earlier.
[23:36:30] Rriarla Valepaw (--- (Leshpar))[Shout]: I absolutely love the gameplay and rp that goes with being a werewolf. However I do not like how I am basically forcing pvp on people if I mess up and lose track of in game time. I would like to ask if some server secrect can be added to allow someone who's had lycanthropy for a long time to be able to control it. Either by...
[23:36:53] Rriarla Valepaw (--- (Leshpar))[Shout]: Paying a large sum of gold like with the alternate EDK forms or perhaps an npc you can talk to and do a quest for.
[23:37:13] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There are ways to control the werewolf curse. It is a will save that has to be made, otherwise your are subjecting yourself to your blood lust instincts.
[23:37:44] Rriarla Valepaw (--- (Leshpar))[Shout]: My will save is rediculous though. I need a 46 when I have a save of 15. I can't make it even with a 20, except that it auto succeeds then
[23:37:51] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: While it would be nice; however, this is not a pay-to-play server and additional boons like that are not on the table. Some different EDK forms may come as a result of changes, but not by commission.
[23:38:22] Rriarla Valepaw (--- (Leshpar))[Shout]: thank you <3
[23:41:25] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Ana'de? You're up
[23:41:29] Ana'de Belladonna (--- (ElvesRuleTheWorld))[Shout]: Hello!  Thank's for taking my question!   I wanted to ask about class balancing!  It seems that certain classes are basically just lower tier versions of other ones.  Two very prominant cases that come to mind right away are...
[23:41:48] Ana'de Belladonna (--- (ElvesRuleTheWorld))[Shout]: The bard vs cleric.  How the bard is basically a mid ab smasher with magic but then the cleric smashes all aspirations
[23:42:11] Ana'de Belladonna (--- (ElvesRuleTheWorld))[Shout]: Or how the druids are casters, but lack any real mean firepower (haste/mantle/breach/isaacs/ acid sheath/imp inviz/epic mage armor ect)
[23:42:31] Ana'de Belladonna (--- (ElvesRuleTheWorld))[Shout]: To compete with other casters and must resort to throwing their spellbook entirely during lethal encounters in exchange for a real beefy monster that cant hold a weapon
[23:42:48] Ana'de Belladonna (--- (ElvesRuleTheWorld))[Shout]: maybe giving each class something the other classes can never get to make the lower tier little brothers worth playing on a mechanical standingpoint
[23:43:08] Ana'de Belladonna (--- (ElvesRuleTheWorld))[Shout]: also thank you all for all the effort you put into the server.  it means a lot to me and i appreciate it immensely.
[23:43:55] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: That is a question for the Feedback thread actually, as it addresses class balance / server balance - a topic, as Irongron touched on earlier that is very complex and under constant surveilance, subject to tweaking as we go along. As such, we cannot answer that question within a few lines here.
[23:44:29] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The whole thing about respecting each other and their own opinion and beliefs should be being practiced.
[23:44:52] Ana'de Belladonna (--- (ElvesRuleTheWorld))[Shout]: Oh alright.  thank you!  
[23:45:38] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Zathlan - you're up, given that I can't see Shadow in the player list anymore. 
[23:45:47] Zathlan Fen'ar (--- (Magic jazz hands))[Shout]: Is there going to be a tighter handle on the use of NPC armies during events. Specifically when it comes to representing minority factions that have had little to no prior RP to establish? Or how much a DM can intervene inbetween player conflict in general?
[23:46:14] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There has been discussion already made internally on this. 
[23:46:37] Zathlan Fen'ar (--- (Magic jazz hands))[Shout]: Yes but you have to understand that the common plater doesn't see this. What was the outcome if I may ask?
[23:46:43] Zathlan Fen'ar (--- (Magic jazz hands))[Shout]: Player even
[23:46:48] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Arelith has functioned without heavy DM involvement, and narrative propelled by players which will continue to exist.
[23:48:01] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: DMs will step into events where they see opportunity to add flavour; however, will not interfere in the aspect of favoring one side or another. 
[23:48:11] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So no, a player won't receive an army of NPCs.
[23:48:16] Zathlan Fen'ar (--- (Magic jazz hands))[Shout]: Again.
[23:49:21] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Please bring up further concerns via PM to myself, if there are any.
[23:50:01] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Morthentir, please ask your question. 
[23:50:04] Zathlan Fen'ar (--- (Magic jazz hands))[Shout]: Fair enough, I already did but didn't get a response. I can resend it to you personally.
[23:50:13] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Please do.
[23:54:47] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Phi'lara you're up. 
[23:55:03] Phi'lara Baequimitor (--- (Philara Baequimitor))[Shout]: My question pertains to alignment restricted classes and races; palemasters, druids, paladins/blackguards, monster races, etc. Ive noticed over the course of a few years (and especially with the release of EE) that players are not RPing their alignment while playing these classes/races, and are delving into actions that violate the oaths and/or server restrictions tied to them. How are these alignments/servr
[23:55:11] Phi'lara Baequimitor (--- (Philara Baequimitor))[Shout]: How are these alignments/server restrictions enforced (if at all), and are there any plans to increase the oversight of DMs in order to protect the integrity of the setting?
[23:55:47] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Firstly, we need reports on people playing outside of class expecations in regards to alignment. Otherwise, it goes unnotice. We are not omnipotent, unfortunately.
[23:56:08] Phi'lara Baequimitor (--- (Philara Baequimitor))[Shout]: Hence the question about DM oversight.
[23:56:33] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Alignments do have a wide spectrum of play within that allowable alignment. However, if a LG paladin was murdering people, we do address it on the basis of RPR and alignment shifts.
[23:57:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: If you do fall out of your alignment with an alignment restricted class, you do lose those levels. That means, if you were 20 Fighter / 4 Paladin, and took those levels at 4, 5, 6 and 7, you would be dropped to there.
[23:57:23] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Without regaining the others. So, we do take it seriously.
[23:58:05] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There are warnings on palemasters when they take their first level as well.
[23:58:20] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So warnings do exist, expectations are already set and we can and will address concerns as they arise.
[23:58:24] Phi'lara Baequimitor (--- (Philara Baequimitor))[Shout]: What would be an instance that causes this shift, and how often do you resort to alignment shifts as punishment? As a follow-up.
[23:58:43] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Alignment shifts are not really punishments.
[23:58:57] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: They are reflections on RP and the choices the character make.
[23:59:13] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, each is case by case. It is hard to give an exact example.
[23:59:30] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, as I said, if a paladin was blantantly going around murdering for the sake of it, it would be addressed.
[00:00:18] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Does that help clarify your question?
[00:00:26] Phi'lara Baequimitor (--- (Philara Baequimitor))[Shout]: I think I'll make a feedback thread for further discussion. Thanks for answering what you could.
[00:00:46] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Katheryne Black you are up next, please prepare your question. 
[00:00:51] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: In regards to the clarifications on rules: right now things are very vague. What I consider 'Be Nice', for example, and what a DM considers 'Be Nice' could be completely different things. While I understand these vague rules allow DMs leeway in regards to solving issues, it can also be incredibly frustrating when, as a player, you don't actually know you're somehow breaking these >
[00:01:47] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: > vague rules before you're punished. Is there a way that, when certain important rulings are made, they are kept somewhere to try and cut back on the confusion that can exist, somewhere that the players can reference more regularly and don't have to go hunting for?
[00:02:03] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Your journal lists the five golden rules.
[00:02:50] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: I am not referring to the goldn rules, I am referring to the clarifications, interpretation, and amendments made by GMs afterward, as you've discussed when you took the stand an hour ago.
[00:03:04] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: The question has come up previously in a similar manner. The Be Nice Rule pertains to OOC conduct. Characters are 
[00:04:19] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: allowed to hate on one another, but people need to be aware, that because a character doesn't like another, that does not equate to a player not liking that other player. There has to be a clear line. And that's basically the Be Nice Rule.
[00:04:47] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: I am also not referencing 'Be Nice' specifically, but other addendums and clarifications made to rules in general. I think it would empower players and help improve transparency if these clarifications were made publicly available.
[00:05:52] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Well... the clarifications that have been made are all on the Wiki and on the forums. It is on the To Do list, to clarify the language in the Journals as well as on the Arelith Entry team, to make them identical to what's on wiki/forums. 
[00:06:06] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Arelith Entry text*
[00:06:29] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: The clarification to 'Be nice' was invaluable, but f people here are the only ones who know about it and those clarifications aren't added to the statement on 'Be Nice' where it can be found, that will do no good in the long run. Do you see where I'm coming from?
[00:06:59] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: Don't do anything to anyone else you wouldn't want done to yourself. Is a pretty easy interpretation of it.
[00:07:21] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: I'd like a place that I can point to when people ask questions about the rules that i know is accurate and up to date.
[00:07:34] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: As I mentioned: it is on the To Do list, to make the Arelith Entry and the Journal aligned. 
[00:07:54] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Very well. I'll hold the rest for my second question then.
[00:07:58] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: aligned with the wiki/FAQ/etc.
[00:08:02] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That is a good feedback there. We will do our best to ensure there is a central spot where rule clarifications and such are presented.
[00:08:12] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: ^
[00:08:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So that people can find it. It does take time, and is worth it though.
[00:08:24] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So, we will work on that.
[00:09:07] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Next up: Josephine, Ice, Victoria Velvet, Phoebe.
[00:12:13] Nick Wennarna(Disguise: Josephine Blackbourne) (--- (HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL))[Shout]: My question is in regards to the PG13 rule and its enforcement on Arelith - while very strict and as far as I have seen has been enforced over my duration of play during my years being here...  I have seen alot of monster RP that has steered me away from playing monster races because of it.  I understand there are different desires for one's personal story - but I do not feel sexualization-
[00:12:18] Nick Wennarna(Disguise: Josephine Blackbourne) (--- (HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL))[Shout]: Should play a part in that story.
[00:12:34] Nick Wennarna(Disguise: Josephine Blackbourne) (--- (HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL))[Shout]: How far will rulings go?
[00:14:26] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: If you see something, say something. Do report what you feel extends beyond PG13 and we'll investigate and deal with it. There is no hard and fast line of "this sentence is approve,d and this is disapproved" because that can be rules lawyered heavily. So ... we always look at situations as a whole.
[00:16:15] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: How far rulings will go depends on the case by case basis. As you may have noticed throughout the years of Arelith, punishments are there to correct behaviour. To help people grow to fit into hte community, rather than punish for p[unishment's sake. We tend to offer a lot of talking, coaching, etc.
[00:16:40] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Adding to what LittleWeasel has said, Arelith caters to a large age group for players. Romantic roleplay occurs; however, when it becomes descriptive, it tends to breach the rules.
[00:17:24] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We are here to protect the players from being exposed to inappropriate content. Sexual roleplay needs to stay away from players roleplay. Otherwise they may find themselves with an absence to learn from their mistake after we have sat and coached them on the dangers of it.
[00:17:53] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But once again, if it isn't reported, we are not aware of it.
[00:17:56] Nick Wennarna(Disguise: Josephine Blackbourne) (--- (HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL))[Shout]: I have seen stories in public spaces and I myself wasn't sure if I should have reported such incidents to the team, mostly because I want to respect distance and that person's roleplay.  But it does encroach on my comfort, if that makes sense.
[00:18:21] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I would recommend roleplaying that.
[00:18:25] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Reporting*
[00:18:30] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Not roleplaying.. Wrong word.
[00:18:33] Nick Wennarna(Disguise: Josephine Blackbourne) (--- (HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL))[Shout]: Goodness!
[00:18:40] Nick Wennarna(Disguise: Josephine Blackbourne) (--- (HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL))[Shout]: Alright.  Thank you for your time, everyone.
[00:18:45] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Distracted thought while people spoke around me. My bad!
[00:19:01] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Ice, you're up. Victoria, you are next
[00:20:39] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Ice is gone.. Victoria, you are up
[00:20:43] Victoria Velvet (--- (Brahtius))[Shout]: I had a question about a possible non-rp arena server but that maybe an Irongon question. So in backup there is a thread on the forums in the QA section about pirate markings. Could it be possible to look at that thread and get some verification on what checks (lore/spot/etc)
[00:20:45] Victoria Velvet (--- (Brahtius))[Shout]: are required to see each level of pirate markings? Also maybe re-word the blurb to stop god awful rp against pirates also.
[00:21:09] Victoria Velvet (--- (Brahtius))[Shout]: Also I strongly recommend removing Sencliff as a starting zone until such a time as new player content is added. 
[00:21:23] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We will relay that to Irongron as that is a mechanical question outside of the ability of DMs to know, unless looking at code. Which they do not have.
[00:22:18] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: As for the Non-RP Arena Area: Irongron, indeed. That being said, the core engine of Arelith is uploaded to the NWVault (sans Maps) ... if you want ARelith mechanics, but want to play around fightwise, nothing stops you from hosting your own in that regard. As for the DM/Dev team here, I do not 
[00:22:25] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Sencliff does pose some hardships for early levels and additional content would be worthwhile to investigate to make it a proper starting location.
[00:22:54] Victoria Velvet (--- (Brahtius))[Shout]: I personally believe an arelith based arena server would drasctically reduce the trigger happy pvp that happens. 
[00:22:55] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: think we have the capacity to invest into a server unrelated to Arelith proper (at least that's m y personal take - I am not going to admin a PvP server on top of htis ;) )
[00:24:28] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Jarithe, AUbron, Urack, Amelor.
[00:25:16] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: Jarithe here?
[00:25:32] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Aurbron - go ahead. 
[00:25:43] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: Thanks!
[00:25:45] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: My primary concern is the Arcane Tower being empowered to be a place to, and I quote IG "escape political RP". Which is synonymous with allowing actions with no consequences, which is absolutely terrible for RP. This happens nowhere else on the server, even in other hubs and is additionally counter to "No person is immune/exempt from [pvp]", which I wholeheartedly agree with. Why is the Arcani
[00:26:05] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: *Why is the Arcane Tower a special case here?
[00:27:02] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The Tower is not exempt from consequence. What Irongron had detailed was not having wars in the public areas that can lead to random traffic (as it is popular travel) to get dragged into. Players can still hold the characters responsible and follow RP with that to see action takene against them.
[00:27:25] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: So to clarify. PvP is fine within the tower?
[00:29:23] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Let me clarify that: The Tower's Players are not except form consequence. The tower Foyer is the one source on the surface that is accessible to both low levels as well as high levels. So while... individual PvP in the Foyer may happen on occasion, a pull of the tower into a war, a constant onslaught
[00:30:13] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: Well I would think that it would come under settlement raids, if you were to do mass PvP. But individual PvP, or hunting down monsters/pm's/outcaster etc. with proper RP would be fine?
[00:30:34] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: *Outcasts (oof)
[00:33:56] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: A constant onslaught of PVP in the foyer, to use the foyer to hide from PVP, goad people into it and attacks to escalate into mass/ group PvP is strongly discouraged and will be addressed by the team as necessary. This is because the foyer is a central travel point for all leveel ranges and wars sh
[00:34:04] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Should not be waged there.
[00:34:34] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There are raid rules which should be followed as well. They are detailed on the forums.
[00:34:49] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: Absolutely, though I suppose what I'm getting at is, that you cannot use the Tower Foyer as a refuge to prevent consequences?
[00:35:02] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Correct.
[00:35:19] Aurbron Urel'lion (--- (Phlegmatic Brit))[Shout]: That's me done then, thanks for clearing that up!
[00:37:32] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Amelor. Your turn.
[00:37:52] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: "Sorry."
[00:37:59] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: "Was retyping my question because he asked it heh. . ."
[00:38:39] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: In addition to the settlement PvP aspect, a lot of people OOCly through my long time playing Arelith on and off for more or less 10 years. Theres always been this overwhelming aspect of politics and war that I never understood. Cordor and the main Underdark hubs have always been protected in the sense that theyre new player spawn points. Though that area has been expanded considerably over time t i
[00:38:53] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: to include Brog and Senclif. But my points remain on Cordor and UD
[00:39:03] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: Theres always been this overarching fear from players that these cities are unattackable / cant be punished for IC actions because they have more or less a safe (Newbie) hub from attacks outside of the occasional assassination attempt. 
[00:39:08] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: Why do we allow players to base factions / governments in said settlements, when over the course of my said 10 years, has been nothing but constant frustration?
[00:39:18] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: Is this one of those things the DMs have a different preservative on? Something the entire playerbase would have a unison OH THAT MAKES SENSE doesnt have perspective on?
[00:39:24] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: Because even now, half the reason no one wants to attack Cordor over this war declaration from my IC and OOC understanding is that Oh, Amn will just come and blow us all up if we do. Leading to people feeling like they can get bullied into demands despite how little has happened.
[00:39:32] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: Sorry if it's a bit rambly. I had to retype it rather fast!
[00:39:53] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: No, I can see where it is coming from.
[00:40:05] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: As for answering that, there is no part of the server that is immune from change or consequence.
[00:40:38] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Irongron could turn Cordor into a dungeon, if he so wanted to. Would he use Amn as a defense and veto the efforts of players? I do not think so.
[00:40:59] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: He would give it proper thought, examine behavioural trends and then adjust what he neeeds to. He has even expressed what could rival Amn, so there is options.
[00:41:24] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I won't say what it is because I rather that be FOIG. But, no. Cordor could disappear if it was necessary.
[00:41:49] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So I would hope that fear is washed away that your efforts mean nothing. When all roleplay has its place and effect on the world in some way.
[00:42:55] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: Got it, thanks for the answer!
[00:43:24] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Veigal, up next
[00:43:50] Veigal Finnigan (--- (Stickman))[Shout]: Hello again, earlier you said there would be shifting  and feedback regarding DM quests (events / plotline)... Personally the latest events I have been part of,  was amazing, but a lot of it was also due to two lovely DM�s making it together and contributing each other...
[00:44:06] Veigal Finnigan (--- (Stickman))[Shout]: Is this something we will see more of in future, as well for making a team of DM�s work on a plotline, lasting longer than just a weekend or a reset, which eventually can involve the DEV team as well? So there will be more events for different time zones, than just from one DM and one time zone
[00:44:14] Veigal Finnigan (--- (Stickman))[Shout]: (which also sometimes makes it draw out too long due to OOC private and sometimes leading to messy events because of too many players, and too few DM�s to handle it? (also with the addition of many new player, including myself?)
[00:44:53] Veigal Finnigan (--- (Stickman))[Shout]: (one dm and one time zone, in one event)
[00:44:57] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That is dependent on the quest itself. I think our team has some creative minds, and always discuss their quests with each other. Whether they feel comfortable to jump in and assist is up to them, and the one organizing it.
[00:45:26] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We do have a forum section for this, where we keep records. We do like larger quests which incorporate a large playerbase of different views and beliefs to allow people to build RP around it.
[00:46:24] Veigal Finnigan (--- (Stickman))[Shout]: Alright, I hope to see more combined events and possible larger plotlines then! As the ones I�ve seen so far was amazing. Thank your for hosting!
[00:46:49] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Van "Raven" you're up next, then Tie Lok. 
[00:46:52] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I try to handle the development work that the team does, so that they don't have to keep erasing the changes they make and then I can revert when finished. But, they do have a lot of ideas brewing. It's just a matter of time.
[00:48:08] Van "Raven" Jurai (--- (DrunkenElegy))[Shout]: The mention of DM quests and Player requests has been brought up. However, there was a question I wanted to touch on that falls somewhere inbetween the two: I personally enjoy little moments where through either script, or often random DM involvement, little situations that don't necessarily need to be rewarded with experience or loot happen. Will those also become more habitual?
[00:48:28] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Yes, we strongly encourage that.
[00:48:44] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The idea of quests is not the reward. It is about the flavouring of roleplay and what it builds on for the character and setting.
[00:48:55] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So you can anticipate DMs do things. I know Avalon does this frequently.
[00:49:29] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Tie-Lok you are up. Fabian next, Isabel (or rather her stand in, for I realise she passed the question on), Imraelyn, Beatrix, Dorian, and Katheryne... 
[00:49:36] Tie Lok (--- (Tie Lok))[Shout]: regarding player requested quests what would a player need to do  and what kind of information would you as a Dm require to set one up ? by the way there are curently 122 people on line right now as of my last crash
[00:49:59] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So, we look for a PM sent to the Active DM on this.
[00:50:27] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: This would include as much detail as possible, such as: what ideas you have, who it could potentially reach out to, what other work is being done and often your own available times.
[00:50:45] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: This way we can easily coordinate, decide if it is something that is feasible and begin our own discussions on it.
[00:51:38] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Hopefully that answers your question?
[00:51:55] Tie Lok (--- (Tie Lok))[Shout]: yes that help thanks 
[00:52:58] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Fabian is gone... so Isabel - STand in please?
[00:53:20] Imraelyn Eventide (--- (Inquiescent))[Shout]: First question: As far as I've seen there is little to no information regarding upcoming features and/or changes for NWN:EE in general. Is there anything in particular you're looking forward to in that regard apart from some crucial bugs getting solved (like the annoying crashes)?
[00:53:26] Galot T'orgh (--- (Lexx))[Shout]: I can stand in one moment!
[00:54:26] Galot T'orgh (--- (Lexx))[Shout]: Is there an ETA on procressing the suggesstions in the old suggestions forum and also any idea when the new suggestions forum will be active/made open?
[00:54:30] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, that's mostly a Beamdog thing really. Ideally, the features that I would like to see is just additional content, be it new tilesets, etc.
[00:54:41] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, what we are enthused about is NWSync to easily encorporate haks.
[00:55:12] Imraelyn Eventide (--- (Inquiescent))[Shout]: Sorry, my question got sent prematurely. Galot was up.
[00:55:37] Galot T'orgh (--- (Lexx))[Shout]: That's okay. That's all I had to ask for isabel. Thanks for your time!
[00:56:34] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: That's okay. Galot ... asfor the suggestions forum: As Irongron has said, he was afk for several months due to a game studio project he was working on (OMG RL money gasp XD ) ... our contributors have been working little by little on the approved suggestions. Wheenver one is completed, we mark
[00:56:36] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: it as such.
[00:57:28] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: As is, we do not have a fix ETA on when we'll re-open the suggestions board. Irongron is slowly easing his way back into Arelith after his lengthy absence and I am sure, in good time he will address the topic himself, likely within the suggestions forum. We are aware taht everyone is strumming with 
[00:57:41] Galot T'orgh (--- (Lexx))[Shout]: No problem! She didn't mean to bother but just wanted to ask just out of curiosity. Compeltel udnerstandable and thankyou <3
[00:57:55] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: ideas and would love to pitch them. :) we'll get there again. 
[00:58:12] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Beatrix, Dorian and Katheryine and Amadeo last.
[00:58:42] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: And Roarax after Amadeo.
[00:59:32] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Beatrix. You are up.
[00:59:47] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Roarax is at the moment hte last on the list. We'll allow 5 more questions after that, and then I will have to cut this off, sadly. So the list for now is Beatrix (up), Dorian, Katheryne, Amadeo, Rorax, + 5 more questions.
[01:00:04] Beatrix T Landon (--- (-From the Front-))[Shout]: As a late night EST player, there are a good amount of people overseas who play into the later hours of the night.  That being said, it is very hard to get hold of a DM as they seem to mostly be daytime DMs as well.  Any plans to maybe search for a late night DM or two?
[01:00:14] Beatrix T Landon (--- (-From the Front-))[Shout]: Also, does it matter which server we are on when we submit an IG DM question?
[01:00:41] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We do have some late night DMs. Some are held up with real life obligations. However, we do try to look for hiring to happen in all possible timezones.
[01:00:51] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Whether that person is a good fit is a different story.
[01:01:01] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That being said, we do encourage people to apply in the obscure hours so we can.
[01:01:25] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I, personally, fluctuate between day and night shifts with work and flip between them. But, I'm around if you ever need to give me a poke.
[01:01:42] Beatrix T Landon (--- (-From the Front-))[Shout]: Oki thanks!
[01:01:56] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, no. You can submit DM stuff on any server, its relayed across all three and outside of the game.
[01:02:02] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Recharding server DM messages: when you use the DM Channel, it broadcasts to all three servers. It also shows in our DIscord and it shows us on which server the question has been asked. When you asked the question, please do NOT server transfer as it makes it that much harder to find you.
[01:02:06] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We can also respond from outside the game as well into the game.
[01:02:39] Beatrix T Landon (--- (-From the Front-))[Shout]: Good to know as I've spammed the DM channel a few times changing servers.  Big sorry!
[01:03:21] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Dorian... you are up. 
[01:03:28] Dorian Kealetish (--- (usernameoftheday))[Shout]: There can be situations where a character / group is repeatedly IC harassed (not just PvP!!) by a group of other characters, and they see indication that the IC harassment is driven by OOC dislike or other clique tendency, maybe across different characters
[01:03:32] Dorian Kealetish (--- (usernameoftheday))[Shout]: Or maybe the constant forced conflict IC makes no sense without a OOC thing behind it. And the ones forced into conflict can't seem to to find their way out of it despite trying to disengage
[01:03:40] Dorian Kealetish (--- (usernameoftheday))[Shout]: In uncomfortable situations like this do you suggest reports for Be Nice Rule breach or talking player to player? DMs appears conflicted and split, some saying report everything some saying talk to each other
[01:04:39] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: A bit of both, really. TAlking to one another and getting a take on what the other faction's narrative is often can help clear up the whys and can lead to a cooperative story that way. However, if you feel that talking is impossible, please do report it. In such situations, we also often offer to mediate.
[01:05:25] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I don't think there really is a split either. Yes, we encourage you to express yourself politely. But, reports allow us to bridge into the issue and deal with it as well to put it to an end.
[01:05:54] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: If you ever feel uncomfortable or even if you feel something is a rule break, report it. There are never too many reports - we will do the work to validate whether there is a break or not.
[01:05:59] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Amadeo, you're up next. 
[01:06:03] Dorian Kealetish (--- (usernameoftheday))[Shout]: Thank you. 
[01:06:06] Rupert Silveroak (--- (Emotionaloverload))[Shout]: Amadeo stepped away for a moment but I can ask his question if allowed.
[01:06:13] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Go for it
[01:06:14] Rupert Silveroak (--- (Emotionaloverload))[Shout]: Is there any process for commissioning/requesting special fixtures that are outside of the crafting system but not nwn itself? If yes, what would that request need to have and to whom to sent it to? 
[01:07:14] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: As mentioned earlier, we do not do commission requests for just one person. If additional fixtures are to be added to the game world, it would be done for everyone to have it available.
[01:07:34] Rupert Silveroak (--- (Emotionaloverload))[Shout]: Got it. I will pass that on. Thank you.
[01:07:36] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Some are just not feasible. Some just clutter up the world. So we have to evaluate which works, and then approved by Irongron.
[01:07:56] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That doesn't mean future fixture development is out of our scope though. We will see what we come up with.
[01:08:07] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Roarax, Ilaerothil, Inella, Aztor in that order
[01:08:21] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: So my question is this. If, for example. I saw my friend or ally being attacked suddenly, out of nowhere! If I Roleplay " Halt! stop that! cease! " it could be to late. and this attacker ( hypothetically ) is not stopping his assault. I know you're supposed to turn enemy players hostile before combat, and give an interactive roleplay reason for it. but in this circumstance. can I / we attack them quickly, and without fully r
[01:08:28] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: Roleplayer it out.
[01:08:53] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: To save our friend / ally 
[01:09:54] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: We have clarified that on the forum as well: If PvP is ongoing, and already in action you are welcome to jump in if it fits your character, following the engagement rules (set to hostile before you do).WE are aware, that chatting beofre a PvP that is already in full blown battle is impractical. 
[01:10:27] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, your character would likely still say something. But, it is likely you won't have a direct response back.
[01:11:02] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Katherine go for it
[01:11:03] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Right, give me a second to type.
[01:11:10] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: (sorry I accidentally skipped you earlier. )
[01:11:58] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: There are certain cases where, from the perspective of players, certain DMs are more heavily involved in either different areas, or different groups of players. In addition, we all know that the DMs are also players of course, and likely enjoy the game as much as the rest of us do as well. However, in situations where a DM is frends with certain players or get along well with them >
[01:12:20] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: After Katheryne we've got Illaerothil, Inella, Aztor and one more open slot unless I accidentally missed someone. 
[01:13:07] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: IC or OOC, what are the rules on DMs handling, or even influencing, rulings or making calls on these players' behalf? This can be perceived as favoritism, or might have situations where a DM might be acting in a way that is biased without them even necessarily intending to be malicious - just an unknowing conflict of interest, for good or for ill.
[01:13:39] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: As I mentioned earlier, DMs do have strict rules that they must adhere to at all times.
[01:14:08] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: One of these is influencing, taking cases, or addressing friends / groups that they play with. They are expected to stay out of those, and are actively monitored by myself.
[01:15:23] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: This is to alleviate any potential bias. People would act differently to friends, and that is not how we handle things as a team. They know to withdraw themselves, and if there are concerns, I would privately bring it up.
[01:15:37] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: As an addendum, then - if the DMs are held to such strict rules and such high standards, why aren't those rules and standards shared? By definition everything that the DMs do is supposed to impact our play. If those standards cannot be known, they cannot be upheld. By your admission you don't see everything an rely on player reports to adress issues - we can't report >
[01:15:43] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That being said, if you feel a case has been improperly handled, I would encourage a PM be sent to myself and I will look into the matter.
[01:15:45] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: what we don't know is a violation of the rules.
[01:17:13] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: To uphold those very rules, if we posted them, would lead to us compromising the identities of our DMs. They are entitled to their play in peace and being kept anonymous.
[01:17:46] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Hackman already compromised the DMs identities. Most players already know who the DMs are IC and OOC.
[01:17:57] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, while we share some of the rules openly, it is not necessarily for everyone to see. I would hope that faith can be put into those picked on the team, and any concern with the DM be brought up with me and the admins.
[01:18:01] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: It isn't very difficult to tell, if I'm to be blunt.
[01:18:50] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That is the fault of an individual leaking information to a false hacker. But, it does not mean it will change how it is handled and how the rules are presented.
[01:20:17] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: I understand where you are coming from. I feel that more transparency regarding DM conduct would benefit the server in ways that will make your jobs easier and make dealing with problems less taxing.
[01:21:01] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: As I said, we can be transparent (which we have been more than before). But, unless you have sat on this side, you would not understand what that also opens up by being that transparent.
[01:21:39] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: People would judge DM PC's differently. Players do not have the opportunity to respond to the roleplay without thinking it is a DM. And, players would then start throwing the book at the DM more than they would a DM because there are additional things they must adhere to.
[01:22:13] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: More than they would a player... *
[01:22:21] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: I understand if this puts me on a crap-list for pushing the point, but I'm not the only one who's had concerns about DM conduct and a certain level of nepotism/favoritism that is more than likely not understood on the part of the individual. It's a concern that I've heard from many sources as the reason they're no longer here. 
[01:23:04] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The concerns of favourtism has existed for fifteen years. When Arelith was taken over by Jjjerm, it was to eliminate that and give the sandbox world to the players. People will always have their opinion
[01:23:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But as I advised, follow up with myself with concerns and I will address them.
[01:23:20] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Be it true or false, there's a certain reputation that Arelith has amongst people who've come and gone, and the response I've gotten when I brought this up before sounded like "There Is No War in Ba Sing Se."
[01:23:32] Kathryn Black (--- (We'reAtSoup))[Shout]: Thank you for your time, I'll leave my remarks there.
[01:27:02] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Last five: Illaerothil, Inella, Aztor, Bertrand, Rick.
[01:27:27] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Go ahead, Illaerothil
[01:27:43] Ilaerothil Elladyr (--- (MarkingOfTime))[Shout]: Thank you again for bearing with us. And for correctly spelling my name.
[01:27:55] Ilaerothil Elladyr (--- (MarkingOfTime))[Shout]: A twitter post back in september stated that the new Elven quarter in Guldorand would be under the direct administration of Myon. It has even been stated there will be a direct portal to Myon there.
[01:28:02] Ilaerothil Elladyr (--- (MarkingOfTime))[Shout]: Given that Guldorand and Myon are at war(ceasefire aside), and a schism within the elven community has led to a majority of elves settling in Guldorand in order to escape Myon: is this still likely to be the case? If so, what options will be offered to the elves of the server, and the population of Guldorand at large? 
[01:28:30] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That would be an Irongron question.
[01:28:51] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Send one of us a PM on it (unless you have) and I'll send it over to him.
[01:29:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, as it was said, there was no ETA on the update. So the fallouts may rectify by then or even worsen. So, we will see.
[01:29:40] Ilaerothil Elladyr (--- (MarkingOfTime))[Shout]: Very well. I hope your inbox enjoys.
[01:29:54] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Inella, you're up next
[01:30:00] Inella Ryndahl (--- (Hin_Priestess))[Shout]: Firstly, thank you for taking the time to answer all these questions. And for my question... OOCly, people have approached me about raising their RPR. Aside from the wiki link, there isn't much I can offer them, except to tell them to FOIG lore on what they play (if they haven't researched their class/race... beforehand), create RP, don't try to win all the time, don't metagame, and follow the server's rules.
[01:30:28] Inella Ryndahl (--- (Hin_Priestess))[Shout]: However, despite my telling folks these things in whispers, PMs, and Discord dm, I have been hearing a lot of grief OOCly, and try as I might to explain the process, and ensure players that the DMs to watch us, I am wondering if maybe the DMs here can share some of the processes in how the DM decides if someone should be granted RPR 20, 30, or 40?
[01:31:11] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So, I'll be a bit transparent on what goes on in regards to the DMs.
[01:31:55] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: DMs can monitor the chat in-game for productive, engaging and building roleplay that they think is good. If a person is a ten and deserving a twenty, the DM will reward them with it without having to consult the team. Unless there is a reason that person is set low.
[01:32:16] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We then provide feedback as to why the person got the 20 to them, and offer an EXP reward as congratulations.
[01:32:46] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: A 30 RPR requires two DM votes. We present why the player deserves it, discuss it as a team and people vote on it in the respective forum section.
[01:33:07] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: If they get two votes, then yes. They will get it, and the value of XP for that RPR achievement.
[01:33:42] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: A 40 RPR requires more than two votes. So three people at least, and then it is handed out.
[01:34:20] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: There is a process behind it. And, we have been reinforcing the belief that a lot of players are deserving of higher RPR and that we should be rewarding such. It is a continuous process that we do and are pushing more forward.
[01:35:13] Inella Ryndahl (--- (Hin_Priestess))[Shout]: I asked this question so folks here understand and know DMs do care and look after us.  *smiles*  That was all I wanted to put forward. Thank you!
[01:35:17] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: I just want to add here- that bias is monitored! Which is to say - if I have a PC which is close to the player  being voted on - I cannot vote on raising the rpr of that player 
[01:35:18] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: ONe of the features we added fairly recently is gave RPR 40 players the power to raise RPR 10 players to RPR 20 and send in recommendations, which we will look at and evaluate further. because who better to realise quality RP than those who are actually playing with you. 
[01:35:48] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: So if you hear people say 'Oh, you need to be buddies with a DM to get a high RPR' not only is that not true -it is activly -Detrimental!- to your chances of a high rpr. 
[01:36:19] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: Because it means if your PC is buddies with my player side character, then even if I personally think you are the best thing since sliced bread - I can't vote you up! So please, please keep that in mind. Thank you! 
[01:36:42] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: (note RPR 40 players do NOT see another person's RPR... they just type their command.. they can type it to another 20/30/40 player and nothing happens apart from DMs being notified that that person has been recommended)
[01:36:57] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Plus: what Grumpy said :)
[01:37:18] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Aztor, Betrand, Rick. 
[01:37:38] Aztor Skullbiter (--- (Huelander))[Shout]: I filed a report a while back. I would like to know if a consensus or conclusion has emerged from it, presently. 
[01:38:21] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: CAn you send a PM ot Active DMs on that, we are not going to discuss indivudal cases in this meeting. 
[01:38:29] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I have yet to be able to address your private message, but it is on my now short list.
[01:38:40] Aztor Skullbiter (--- (Huelander))[Shout]: Brilliant, and cheers.
[01:39:29] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Bertrand, please you are up.
[01:39:31] Bertrand Woodman (--- (boggle99))[Shout]: There has been a lot of talk about Evil V Good, what is a Evil act and what is a good act etc and the currnet server conflict is between these alignments. Is there going to be a move towards such with Lawefull and Chaotic, a clarfication of what acts are considerd either by the team?
[01:40:17] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That's a rather tough question with case-by-case situations.
[01:40:51] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: You cannot make Evil and Good as black and white. There is always going to be different interpretations and then presentations of it.
[01:41:19] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: If it is outside of the actual alignment scope, as mentioned earlier, report it and we can review it. 
[01:41:50] Bertrand Woodman (--- (boggle99))[Shout]: Alright, thank you.
[01:41:57] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: Everyone is the hero of their own story, as they say. Even the bad guys. 
[01:42:09] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Alright.. Rick: Last question on you. 
[01:42:12] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: My question is a three-parter, but theyre all related. One, is it not a concern that more properties being added to the land brokerage will just result in factions/settlements with more gold just owning everything? 
[01:42:16] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: Two, why arent the incoming Tower schools being added to the brokerage? 
[01:42:21] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: Three, whats stopping the current Tower ownership from dividing and conquering and owning every school (which brings us back to square one)?
[01:43:27] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Right... that question does transition us ot hte last bit of the meeting, where we are going to address a few things Tower. However I will say this up front. Some of those questions can only be answered by Irongron as he is working on the new Design and apart fromt eh details he shared early on, 
[01:43:38] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: he has not shared much more with us yet either. 
[01:44:16] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Ack.. brief break. I have just been made aware that I actually skipped a questioneer. I will return to the tower in a moment. Anden... go ahead.
[01:44:32] Anden Menset (--- (handernesse))[Shout]: Given the brief talk of prime real estate being handed down OOC'ly. I would like to ask Settlements. Several different settlement positions seeming to either become all but permanent, or at best passed from person to person within their ooc groups.. Then the usage of said settlement leadership/i
[01:44:46] Anden Menset (--- (handernesse))[Shout]: Then the usage of said settlement leadership/mechanics to further their own current/new characters while destroying or driving away people outside their group, which seems like the opposite of inclusive rp and is happening repeatedly. Are there plans to address this?
[01:45:20] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Irongron earlier addressed that, I do believe.
[01:46:30] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That would fall into the same thing that Irongron had said though.
[01:46:58] Anden Menset (--- (handernesse))[Shout]: Settlement Leaders and falls under the Mayfeild property purchasing?
[01:47:00] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And if there are concerns, the DM team should be made aware of this to address it. There is a natural flow to how things should go and transition. But, we can't action things we are not privy to.
[01:49:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I think what Irongron referenced, given it was almost 5.5 hours ago.
[01:49:53] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That, in a nut shell, that Discord enables OOC communication where this can occur. And, that we cannot rule this out 100%. However, we do have mechanical systems and processes, as well as what is reported, to address these concerns.
[01:50:42] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: You can only vote once per key. We also do extensive log checks during elections to rule out foul play (as in, rolling a new character to vote / just logging in to vote for your friend with having been inactive for months / etc),
[01:51:26] Shirikti (--- (Margrave))[Shout]: I have a question relating to that.
[01:51:26] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But, while the opportunity of OOC discussions can happen, there will never be a perfect system to minimize this impact. We can act on what we can and will continue to do so. Even if it means people lose settlement positions and powers as a result of any foul play or what have you.
[01:52:14] Anden Menset (--- (handernesse))[Shout]: In other words, even if said people are OOC'ly supporting each other and forcing RP in support of their personal friends with said postions, because they were elected without foul play... nothing will be done?
[01:55:02] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: that is not what Spyre said: We do act when we detect foul play and strip people of their positions if warranted. No system is fool proof and we try to minimzie impact of foul play as well as we can. That does not equate to "nothing is being done"
[01:56:44] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Shirkti. You had a question related?
[01:57:46] Shirikti (--- (Margrave))[Shout]: How do you propose to police and apply server-related rules to third party communications that players use, be they Steam IMs/Groups/Riot/Discord/Skype or whatever? ESPECIALLY when it is a private server or a private message.
[01:58:12] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Not sure how that was related to settlement powers, but I'll answer that.
[01:58:47] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We are not actively policing your Discords. We are not present in every Discord, and we are not looking to be. You are entitled to your privacy.
[01:59:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: However, should something be reported, we will look into it and bring up mediation opportunities. If it is negatively impacting the community, we will thene further address it as need be.
[01:59:42] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The whole third party stuff that I earlier mentioneed was in regards to harassment and threatening one another. I ask that you be respectful to your fellow players.
[02:00:20] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Because what I've seen is not acceptable, and is rather disgusting in regards to how people should be acting as human beings. And, that stuff we will keep off the server entirely.
[02:00:41] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Mithreas made a post on the forums in regards to this. I think he summed it up nicely there.
[02:00:54] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I can link it to you, if you would like a read of it?
[02:02:57] Shirikti (--- (Margrave))[Shout]: Sure. I was asking since it is relevant to the metagaming issue as well.
[02:03:01] Miranda Magna (--- (Maren Mirner))[Shout]: Please link it!
[02:04:41] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I'll make esure to link it on the forums when I have an opportunity so that players can read over it.
[02:05:01] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: Was my question answered? I feel like the first part can be answered by DMs, at the very least.
[02:05:32] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The Mithreas part was PG-13 stuff on there. Liareth, myself and Irongron have a post about player conduct.
[02:05:58] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: We'll link it, then we can return to the Tower issue - As I said... much of the new design is unkown to me as well, and I assume that a lot of the Tower questions can only be answered by Irongron himself. Since we are not privy to his full details, we are unable to answer on his behalf.
[02:06:52] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Your first was about properties being added to bidding systems where factions that have gold hoardes that might sit on it?
[02:07:02] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: One, is it not a concern that more properties being added to the land brokerage will just result in factions/settlements with more gold just owning everything? 
[02:07:57] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That would be something to still bring up to Irongron as it is his idea. Whether he follows through with that or not is entirely different.
[02:08:36] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: I ask because I see that being a source of a lot of OOC conflict. With death being minor as far as mechanical punishment, property hurts the most.
[02:08:45] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Yes, gold is pretty easy to come by. And, particular factions will likely be able to stockpile it. However, it does not mean other settlements cannot work towards undermining those previous owners.
[02:09:40] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: http://forum.arelith.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7891 Link to the conduct thread by the way. (I know, needs to be typed out - but it is in the announcements and it is stickied) 
[02:10:19] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I would recommend making a feedback thread on that, to be honest.
[02:10:29] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: Alrighty. Thanks.
[02:10:32] Zathlan Fen'ar (--- (Magic jazz hands))[Shout]: May wish to check what people have stockpiled already, some folks claim to have ridiculus amounts stored in factions.
[02:10:36] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Express your concerns there for Irongron to read, so that he can answer you and other concerns. 
[02:10:52] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Remember though that Cordor can bid on behalf of others and vice versa.
[02:11:22] Lor Arnden (--- (Deapri))[Shout]: was waiting most of this time for this discussion, perhaps we can reschedule another time to have that discussion with him?
[02:12:24] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Alright... Angela, please proceed and we'll go through your questions, answer what we can, and defer to Irongron what we cannot. 
[02:13:10] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, if Irongron has time, I imagine he can address anything Tower related as well. He is really the best suited for it. But, he has other obligations that took him away from the meeting.
[02:13:11] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: Well, Chae had prepared a statement and the questions for us, being by far the most eloquent.
[02:13:46] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Go ahead then. 
[02:16:37] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: What advice do you have for players of the Arcane Tower? Many of us are not interested in inter-settlement PVP and warfare, partially because it is not rp we enjoy and partially because we do not functionally have the toolkit to be on an even playing field with the settlements. We are not asking for the settlement toolkit. We understand the nuances of being a travel hub and why that precludes us fro i
[02:16:50] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: precludes us from being a settlement. 
[02:17:03] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: I'm just now realizing how long this is.
[02:17:13] Astra V. Starlock (--- (Atlantahammy))[Shout]: Least you said something
[02:17:59] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: Just did, my client is being weird as well. Here we go for the next parts.
[02:18:03] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: I believe I speak for most of the Tower members when I say that the rp we find most engaging is the "mage roleplay" (as Irongron called it) - roleplay that focuses around mentoring, teaching, history, arcane experimentation etc, and less on physical or political conflict. 
[02:18:16] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: I also believe that situating this type of roleplay at a travel hub gives new Surface players an anchoring point to learn the history and the "feel" of Arelith, as not everyone who joins is a roleplayer by history or knows the lore of Faerun, the Tower currently provides an opportunity to gain these skills and knowledge without requiring the player to step OOC. 
[02:18:26] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: However, our lack of protective mechanics and enforced neutrality has basically functioned as a giant "Kick me" sign for anyone who is either trying to establish as villain character or perhaps is just jonesing for a fight, because we effectively have no way of responding to IC griefing
[02:18:33] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: we don't have an effective out. We can't ban people, we're not mechanically built for PVP, and we are criticized for retreating behind closed doors. Please do not interpret this as a request for being exempt from PVP - it is not. It is not the PVP that is the issue, nor the political conflict. It is the overwhelming volume of it, and the lack of agency with which to opt out of it when it becomes too much - that is this 
[02:19:15] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: issue which has caused multiple Archmages to quit in the past month
[02:19:23] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: I would argue this is an extreme violation of the Be Nice policy - which I interpret at "This is a game, and games are meant to be fun. Sometimes conflict is fun, and adds to the immersion for both parties. Sometimes it isn't. If your fun is happening at the expense of someone else's fun, you're doing it wrong."
[02:19:38] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: I recognize the situation at the Arcane Tower is a bit unique and ask your help and advice. How can we keep playing the game we love, the way we love to play it, and stay within the DM ruling and the overarching vision for Arelith?
[02:19:52] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: We are concerned that dividing the school into multiple guilds will only serve to drive more politicking and strife to the portal hub which is also our home, not lessen it.
[02:20:07] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: That falls into the definition of the... 'vision statement' on PvP, that I addressed earlier. We are well aware that a lot of players are really not into PvP, while some others enjoy it excessively. Hence, we structured the rules in order to balance that as best as we can. We are also well aware, that
[02:20:30] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: Thank you for your patience with my consolidation of six hours of discussion between a dozen or so people. We appreciate your dedication and your time.
[02:21:07] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: As a settlement leader that was due to bring conflict before DM intervention via Edward Cordor, can I offer insight into our thought process? That we may all achieve greater understanding of one another?
[02:21:33] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: This is for the DM's sake as much as the Tower's.
[02:22:29] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: the tower is one of the few pockets of Arelith without political associations, and we were well aware of the excessiveness of PvP on portal grounds - it is why when war was threatened against it, which would have lead to even more PvP on that portal, the DMs/NPCs stepped in to say: no active
[02:22:33] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: war on tower grounds. 
[02:22:48] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: To protect those, that just want to utize the travel. 
[02:23:28] Zathlan Fen'ar (--- (Magic jazz hands))[Shout]: The issue is there is that the people at the Tower were making political associations with one side of the conflict.
[02:23:40] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: The Tower unfortunately has political associations. It entered into the Axehold Accords and continued to shelter enemies of two settlements. To say it does not have political associations is to say its Archmages don't, which is wrong.
[02:23:46] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: It does not mean, that mages who do go out of their way to stir the pot are protected from ic consequences, or are disassoiocated from political rp if they engage in it.. 
[02:25:30] Anden Menset (--- (handernesse))[Shout]: This is what I meant by the OOC group controlling settlements Forcing RP.
[02:25:57] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Do separate the area from teh players. When we say "The Tower" that does not mean, we say "The people who play in the tower." That means: the publically accessible Tower Area. If Archmages roleplayed politically and thus joined the conflict, then yes, their actions have consequences. 
[02:26:23] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: How can we separate an area from the people that occupy it?
[02:27:25] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: Well, a  monastery could be a vassal to, say. a king, but still shelter those who seek asylum, even enemies of the king,. I don't see the tower being to different from a monastery in that regard, if all they're doing is sheltering.
[02:28:09] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: That's not all they are doing.
[02:28:16] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: "You should really stop pointing fingers."
[02:28:23] Amelor Silverstar (--- (Not Ethelman))[Shout]: "Because it goes both ways."
[02:28:34] Amadeo Pneuma (--- (Izaich))[Shout]: One solution to the problem you raised, Rick, would be to diversify the population of the area. I think this is what the team is trying to accomplish by adding multiple factionhouses there.
[02:29:17] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: The foyer area is not meant to be used as a shield from PvP. I am aware that the balance of "not being too much behind closed door, and thus feeling exclusive" and "not being able to have control over an area that design wise is such a 
[02:29:32] Zathlan Fen'ar (--- (Magic jazz hands))[Shout]: The changes however may take a long time to impliment, what do we do in the time before the change?
[02:30:03] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: central area" is a very difficult one.
[02:30:55] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: I think this is a product of giving a faction control over a central hub. Moreover, we don't know what'll be in place to make sure that doesn't continue with the division of schools.
[02:33:28] Amadeo Pneuma (--- (Izaich))[Shout]: Is the Tower in its entireity officially 'owned' by the Conclave? Or is it an unofficial ownership that was developed over long periods of RP?
[02:33:40] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Let me go back to  the PvP / Conflict vision: We are trying to balance many people of many different playstyles. A lot do not enjoy extreme conflict, and a lot do enjoy it a lot. I am aware that Archmages feel forced into conflict RP by a multitude of factions continuoulsy bringing battle onto their
[02:33:43] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: door step.
[02:33:46] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: The latter of that, Amadeo.
[02:34:02] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: What the Tower officially has control over (mechanically) is Spellhold and the Warden Hall.
[02:35:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: It has actually rotated hands through out its history. Sharrans, different Conclaves and other people have held it.
[02:35:20] Rick Snyder (--- (Zavandar))[Shout]: The Archmages and Wardens behave as if they are stewards of the Tower as a whole, evidenced by them feeling they have the right to banish people.
[02:35:46] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: However, I am going to put an end to this discussion at this time, I believe.
[02:36:03] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: One, this likely requires a properly scheduled mediation with sides (and hopefully Irongron).
[02:36:19] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: That would be appreciated, thank you.
[02:36:35] Lor Arnden (--- (Deapri))[Shout]: and restede minds, it's been a long night
[02:37:01] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: We've diverted into finger pointing, which my announcement had advised to avoid. And, I think that Irongron is the best person to answer your concerns as he knows the design that is being worked on more than myself or LittleWeasel do.
[02:37:26] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: I don't want to go about cyclic conversations where we prroceed to go no where when the person with the answers can best direct it forward.
[02:37:27] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: For the record, those questions weren't about the design.
[02:37:50] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: And, yes, the meeting will be here tomorrow as well.
[02:38:46] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Secondly, I think all respective sides need to look at what they are attempting to get out of it. Because it is clearly not fun for either side, so why press upon it so much if it is that stressful?
[02:39:08] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: But that can be solved through a mediation though, which is why we will coordinate something.
[02:40:03] Milo Hale (--- (Morgy))[Shout]: -helm
[02:40:13] Milo Hale (--- (Morgy))[Shout]: -cloak
[02:40:36] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Each side has their own issues, which are valid concerns. I'm not going to shut those down, and I do hope when we arrange this mediation that we will be respectful and listen to one another.
[02:40:48] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: We certainly plan to be.
[02:40:57] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: I do not envy your jobs! thanks for the effort.
[02:41:39] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: So, let us all appropriately formulate our concerns, find available times we can talk and we'll work on something. 
[02:41:43] Mirolosea Telperin(Disguise: Chaesendra Desmantes) (--- (LasharaDyran))[Shout]: Thank you, Spyre. It is our hope we can resolve these concerns fairly and amicably, without disrupting the roleplay we all come to Arelith for.
[02:42:07] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That being said, is there anything left before we conclude this meeting?
[02:42:20] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Actually, Grumpycat has the floor.
[02:42:40] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: Just wanna say, for me this is one of the most complex issues I've ever come across.
[02:43:14] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: I think part of the problem is - On the one hand we have a faction effectivly controling, or at least lingering in, an area which is the center of a -major- conflict between four other settlments and putting them in a situation...
[02:43:26] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: Where they can be bombarded by all sides is a little rough on them, you gotta admit. 
[02:43:36] Angela Amana (--- (triaddraykin))[Shout]: *nods*
[02:44:05] Lor Arnden (--- (Deapri))[Shout]: I have a few suggestions on the latter concern as well but will table them for another meeting.
[02:44:09] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: on the other hand - nor is it fair to say said faction is effectivly immune from their own actions by giving them some sort of iron clad safty net. Especialy when there is perception that said faction has been controling that area.
[02:44:48] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: Both sides have a really good point, and in the long term yeah, it's best fixed by server change. But in the short term, I think it's best fixed by everyone being a little thoughtful and open minded and trying to see the other points view. 
[02:45:20] DM GrumpyCat (--- (DM GrumpyCat))[Shout]: That's all really. Thanks.
[02:47:37] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: Before this thing comes to a close, I do have one, itty-bitty question. if it isn't to much trouble?
[02:48:10] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Go for it quickly, Roarax.
[02:48:38] Roarax Orcblood (--- (Roarax))[Shout]: The event that transpired at the Tower, that involved the portal. could the things that happend in there have, yet to be seen consequences ?
[02:49:15] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: That would be entirely depdendent on where the DM who ran the event wants to take it.
[02:49:29] Spyre (--- (Spyre))[Shout]: Whether they wish to continue it is their own choice. They may have plans elsewhere.
[02:49:55] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: Alright. There will be a repeat of this meeting in 5 hours, to allow Aussies/Euros to join, too. It'll repeat teh announcements, Irongron's statements, and allow these players to also address questions they have. in the meantime, the transcript of this meeting, as well as later the second one will be 
[02:50:08] LittleWeasel (--- (LittleWeasel))[Shout]: posted on the forums for everyone to read/re-read. 
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*