Two Rules Reminders

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Two Rules Reminders

Post by Mithreas » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Reminder 1 - Quarters
To conserve server resources for all, ownership of game property is limited to one shop, one quarter, one guildhouse (a quarter that contains other quarters - if you also own a quarter, it must be inside your guildhouse) and any number of temporary shops (marked as such) per PLAYER (not character, CD key, login name, etc. Player. Real, flesh and blood player).
This rule is very clear, but a grey area has grown up around the process of selling property - some players are holding on to 'excess' property while they try and sell them for an above-sign rate. Here is the official line on what is and is not OK.
- Players may own one guildhouse, one quarter and one shop, per player. If you own both a guildhouse and a quarter, the quarter must be inside your guildhouse.
- If you exceed these limits, any excess quarters must be mechanically up for sale and available for other characters to purchase.
- It's OK to breach this rule if you are online and actively trying to sell one of the properties, online and moving stuff between properties, or holding a 1-hour timeout temporary shop as an extra shop.
- Purchasing shops/quarter with the sole purpose of auctioning them off is not OK unless you are online conducting the auction.
- It is not OK to breach this rule while offline. Period. Attempting to do so risks DMs releasing your quarters/shops/guildhouses until you are within the rules, making our best guess as to which one you want to keep.

We'll allow a grace period over the next few days for anyone in breach of this rule - but the DMs will then start enforcing it fully.

Reminder 2 - PG 13

There are an ever-dwindling number of servers out there, and we get new players all the time as other servers close or become stale. Of the surviving servers, the biggest are us and Sinfar.

We are very, very strict about enforcing our PG-13 rule. If you break it, you are risking an immediate and permanent ban. We have kids playing on the server, and even some families. My worst moment as an Arelith administrator, was dealing with a situation where an underage player had been exposed to some clearly inappropriate RP. Second worse was a similar situation.

Sinfar exists for that sort of fun. Go do it there. Do not use Arelith for anything that the parents of a 13 year old would reasonably object to seeing their kid involved in. I'm not going to try and come up with an exhaustive list, because it would inevitably be incomplete. If in doubt, picture the other player as a 13 year old with their mother or father watching. I know that's always been a good way for me to self-check my own RP.

And yes, that include using Tells.

-Mith
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Two Rules Reminders

Post by Mithreas » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:30 pm

It seems like every few months I need to post this again...

Please all re-read Reminder 2 above carefully.

And because it apparently needs saying, using out-of-Arelith methods like Skype or private servers to continue sexy elven fun times scenes with the filters off is not OK either. Doing that is basically using Arelith to solicit sexy elven fun times, which is no better than actually doing it on server (except that it shows you clearly know you're doing something wrong, and are doing it anyway).

Unless you know the person you're dealing with in real life, assume everyone you deal with is underage.

Thank you.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:25 am

It's time again - we're seeing a number of people involving themselves in sexy elven fun times that clearly breaches the PG-13 rating of the server. Please re-read Reminder 2 above carefully, and expect serious consequences if you let yourself get carried away.

Thank you.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Seems like it is time again that another announcement in regards to Reminder 2 above is needed. We are seeing a large collection of players violating the PG-13 rule with inappropriate behaviour. Please address any concerns and meet the guidelines of the server rules. Otherwise serious consequences will be presented to offending players.

Thank you.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:25 am

Hi everyone,

It seems we need to echo this every year. However, please re-read what Mithreas has written before and then re-read it again:
Mithreas wrote:Reminder 2 - PG 13

We are very, very strict about enforcing our PG-13 rule. If you break it, you are risking an immediate and permanent ban. We have kids playing on the server, and even some families. My worst moment as an Arelith administrator, was dealing with a situation where an underage player had been exposed to some clearly inappropriate RP. Second worse was a similar situation.

Sinfar exists for that sort of fun. Go do it there. Do not use Arelith for anything that the parents of a 13 year old would reasonably object to seeing their kid involved in. I'm not going to try and come up with an exhaustive list, because it would inevitably be incomplete. If in doubt, picture the other player as a 13 year old with their mother or father watching. I know that's always been a good way for me to self-check my own RP.

We do not want to see anyone conducting in this behaviour - if caught, you will be held to the same standards as mentioned above.

Thank you.

Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:18 pm

Spyre wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:25 am
Hi everyone,

It seems we need to echo this every year. However, please re-read what Mithreas has written before and then re-read it again:
Mithreas wrote:Reminder 2 - PG 13

We do not want to see anyone conducting in this behaviour - if caught, you will be held to the same standards as mentioned above.

Thank you.
Well,

Here we are again. Arelith is a T-rated server. Please re-read what Mithreas wrote again. People will be taking a long break from Arelith if they continue to conduct themselves in this fashion. This is not something we want to see on Arelith ever.

Thank you.