Recent Inventory Bug

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Recent Inventory Bug

Post by MalKalz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi everyone,

We encountered an issue recently (which has been fixed as quickly as we became aware of it) where inventories of players (anything not worn) was deleted upon death. Players would find they had nothing with them. However, do not fear, we are working on restoring your characters as soon as we can.

Those affected by the bug, please read the following instructions:

- Please send a PM to the Active DM team on the forums with your character name / username and public cd key.
- If you cannot send it through a PM, please send it through email to the DM email: arelith.dm@gmail.com
- Please be patient as we will have to restore your character to an earlier version.

There is no longer an issue of this happening. I tested it by killing off one of my own characters and everything was normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will work to ensure everything is back to normal for everyone.

Regards,

Sean

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Recent Inventory Bug

Post by LittleWeasel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:08 am

That bug could not have come at a worse timing: Our Backups failed as well.

I DO have backups, but the most recent one is from November 28, 2018 - so I will be able to restore characters affected by that, but unfortunately 1 week's of progress will be lost.
I have asked the team to catch any of you online, once I have restored the characters to give you the lost amount of XP back in that week at least, so you are not losing out on levels on top of items accumulated in the last week.

Please also do reach out to us, when you see one of us on Discord / in game.
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*